Thread: How do you lower brigandage?

Default How do you lower brigandage?

I know how to edit the number for brigands and pirates spawning, but I'm not sure if increasing the number raises or lowers the probability.

In my first 50 turns of DlV I have had brigands appear 18 times. (That's not counting rebellions or the appearance of brigands in provinces that I've kicked the tax rate to the max.) I'm only counting incidents where they appeared in places where the rax rate was normal or lower and there were no signs of trouble.

The problem isn't crushing brigands, it's the costs combined with my fear to raises taxes and the scripted field expenses.

With an uprising roughly once very three turns (on a large map) with my kingdom spanning the continent (Caen) and Ireland, and with the frequency increasing as I expand from three to eight provinces under control, I cannot always suppress them immediately. As a result, it often takes two, three, or four turns on average to stamp them out. So at this point every province I have has some "devastation" (and, yes, I've already edited out that bug).

I have not concluded that this is "ahistoric," nor that it makes the mod unplayable.

But if it gets out of hand, I'd rather tinker with the spawn rate than throw in the towell on the mod.

So, a little guidance, please.

Thanks.

Siculus

Default Re: How do you lower brigandage?

I had quite a few brigand armies spawning, but i was playing vh/vh which may have been the issue, if your difficulty is h/h or m/m then this post is pointless and i'm wasting my time, because the difficulty is not the problem, but someone will tell you what to do i'm sure.

i noticed one thing ( sorry if someone posted them already), if you eliminate a faction and got their capital, there's always some chance that a full stack of rebel with a 6 star general called, "blablah the Mauler" appear at these capitals ( and i got them alot) and siege the city, it's quite troublesome because your troops often are at border, when you come back, it's too late.
    the only thing i know so far to solve this is letting these capitals governed by a family member with highest loyaty ( but they still pop out , of course, much less often), anyone know why they appear and how to avoid them ?
    _____________________________________________________________________________

Shadrach's Avatar Miles

XPost vagabond?

I just had to edit the brigand spawn rate manually, it got too annoying having to put down rebellions every single turn. Its called 'brigand_spawn_rate' or something, cant remember the filename. I put it at 600 I think, makes it much more relaxing at the home front...

Byg's Avatar Read The Manual
    Patrician

C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\*whatever mod*\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign

Brigand spawn is there, higher value = less brigands. I think I used to use 88 back in Rome.

Remember this wont work in a current campaign as far as I remember. Very unfortunate.

after changing the value don't forget to delete the map.rwm in the base folder

repman

BareBonesWars 8.1 for RTW 1.5
    Integration Mod which combines unique strategic challenges due to a 4 Season scripted campaign from 280 BC - 180 AD on several big/small maps and with an ruthless AI on the battlefield.
    Deus lo Vult DLV 6.2 for MTW II Kingdoms
    Norway+Ireland+Flanders+Kiev+Lithuania+Teutonic_Order+Armenia+Crusader+Georgia,1y2t script, army field costs, Ultimate AI 1.6, big map, military career, economic system, age simulation, heraldic system, new factions, garrison script, Crowns + Swords, Trait bugfixer, religion dependent recruiting, ancillary enhancements, darth battle mechanics

Thanks for the tip.

I've gone another fifty turns since my first post. Over the first hundred turns I've endured uprisings at a rate of one per province per ten turns. At that rate when (if) I reach a size of ten provinces I'll suffer two uprisings a year.

I know Medieval societies were volatile and their politics unstable, but two uprisings per year seems a bit much.

I've calculated that the average uprising costs me c. 1200F in field costs, devastation (without the bug), hiring mercs, and replacing losses.

The brigand spawn rate in vanilla MTW2 is set at 20. DlV has it at 10. I'm going to bump it back up to 20 and see how it goes.

Thanks.

Siculus