Thread: LOTR mod.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Douchebag's Avatar Vicarius

Default LOTR mod.

I just finished watching Lord of The Rings, and I thought of this idea; LOTR mod. New campaign map, all units reskinned etc. Are there any mods out there, similar to this?

Default Re: LOTR mod.

lol, there are like 10 LOTR mod topics.I don't think anyone is working on one right now for M2TW (there is one for RTW) plus we cant reskin until patch 2 anyways so even if it was in the works I doubt that it would be released any time soon.I'm sure someone will make one eventually, I mean look at the variety of mods for RTW.I'm sure there will be one or two sometime in the future.

VOP2288's Avatar Smokey the Bear
    Civitate

The LOTR mods out for RTW are good but I want goblins, orcs, uruk hai, elves, and all the other nasty looking creatures of the movies and books...the only LOTR mods I've ever played were man-nation based and that's supposedly b/c modders cant actually create whole new models like that for monsters and creatures too easily...

I would like to see something the likes of the Battle for Middle Earth series only done in a TW fashion...that would be pretty amazing if you ask me.
    Under the patronage of Pra

Addicted-Gamers.com - Up-and-coming game news website! Please support us!

Quote Originally Posted by VOP2288 View Post
    The LOTR mods out for RTW are good but I want goblins, orcs, uruk hai, elves, and all the other nasty looking creatures of the movies and books...the only LOTR mods I've ever played were man-nation based and that's supposedly b/c modders cant actually create whole new models like that for monsters and creatures too easily...

I would like to see something the likes of the Battle for Middle Earth series only done in a TW fashion...that would be pretty amazing if you ask me.
    what is this?

http://www.lotrtw.com/

Quote Originally Posted by VOP2288 View Post

There are Orcs and Elves (and soon to be Dwarves) in The Fourth Age: Total War - just not any OED factions yet. And you have LOTR:TW (not released yet; link above), and Middle Earth: Total War (not released yet).

I read in a thread that TacticalWithdrawal (sorry if I got the name wrong) was working on a map for Middle Earth. That's about as close to a LotR mod for M2TW there is.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatbuster3000 View Post
    I read in a thread that TacticalWithdrawal (sorry if I got the name wrong) was working on a map for Middle Earth. That's about as close to a LotR mod for M2TW there is.
    I think he's making it for BI 1.6.

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalMarine View Post
    man thats BS. Make it for medieval II!!! If 1.2 patch comes out, are there ANY modders thats planning to make LOTR mod for Medieval II????!?!?!?!?!
    I don't see anything happening until we know that we can modify models.

I'm trying to make a LOTR mod, for MTW2 Kingdoms
    Last edited by Gondor Warrior; June 30, 2007 at 11:05 PM.

man thats BS. Make it for medieval II!!!

man thats BS. Make it for medieval II!!! If 1.2 patch comes out, are there ANY modders thats planning to make LOTR mod for Medieval II????!?!?!?!?!

Sorry That tey has been no answer from me, Right now my computer is being fixed I using my friend's computer to talk to you. My computer should be fixed in a week our so, And I came up with More Units, but I will show the list when the Computer is fixed.

coool mod
    Last edited by KingLeonidas300; July 20, 2007 at 11:44 PM.

Paul d's Avatar Praepositus

there is no mod as of yet... plenty of people have thought of this.... its just that as far as I know, not alot of files in M2TW can be accessed.

also, it would take a ton of work...

and kingdoms doesnt exist yet in a released form.

Not a lot of files can be accessed.....er.....I don't think so!

So far, all we can access are all the text files, the texture files, the animations and meshes. We can make new models, skins, make completely new skeletons, maps, build trees etc.

In fact, aside from the town buildings, there is nothing we CAN'T make!

I already have PROPER dwarves in my Warhammer mod, along with Orcs, Giants and dinosaurs ....

A mod based on LOTR for M2TW would be perfectly possible, and have far better non-human meshes than RTW could ever manage.

Its possible if the community had the manpower and resources, which is simply does not. There is currently no Total Conversion like an era-switch requires in development, and this is not the project undertaken by rookies on a whim.

If a couple of the Middle-earth mods made a concerted effort to start a LotR mod, it could work, but right now, I wouldn't bother starting one. Unless you try to port an existing mod to M2, which would be possible.

BTW, read http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=84691
    Count no man happy until he is dead.

there is a lotr mod its out already but not the 1.5 version almost finishd

this will be one hell of a hard mod to make unless you got lots of time, and a group of very dedicated people... I love lord of the rings, but... good luck
    Mayab Tok 'Palak
    (formerly Yucatan : Total War)
    planning/recruitment thread