Thread: Can huge cities and citadels be unlocked?

Default Can huge cities and citadels be unlocked?

I really like Deus Lo Vult, but i don't think citadels and huge cities should be limited to one's capital (perhaps to one's capital and homelands would make more sense, but not why i'm posting) i would like to know if i can personally change this if someone would be kind enough to tell me how.

I am a bit new to modding so if it is very complicated to change this just let me know and i'll say no more.

And let me know if this will affect my save games if you have an idea.

Thanks.

Ordensritter's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Can huge cities and citadels be unlocked?

In order to do this, you have to look for the export_descr_buildings. Can be found at vanilla/DLV_ext/data and open it.

For cites search this line and delete the red marked part.
    huge_stone_wall city requires factions { northern_european, mesoamerican, middle_eastern, eastern_european, greek, southern_european, } and hidden_resource metropolis

For citadels search this line and delete the red marked part, too.
    citadel castle requires factions { northern_european, mesoamerican, middle_eastern, eastern_european, greek, southern_european, } and hidden_resource metropolis

Thanks for the reply ordensritter, i'll give it a try now, it is only 2 lines right?or do i have to delete those lines for every settlement that i want to be upgraded to a huge city/citadel?

No, these two line, only.
    Alternatively, you can set a semicolon in front of the red text and delete nothing.
    Like that: ...european, } ; and...

Nice one ordernsritter sound now.

Ordensritter,

is this saved game compatable? ive done it with the semi-colon but i still cant upgrade... the fortresses only get an option to become citys.

have i done something wrong?

Yes, it is!
    Set the semicolon, save, start DlV and look at the building index. Now at every
    castle the index show a citadel.

generally, all changes in desc_buildings and descr_units require a complete new start of m2tw.

this does work mid game, i've tried it, but i won't be doing it in 2.1, now that you can build 1 citadel and 1 huge city, this is exactly what i wanted.