Thread: rebellion

Default rebellion

Playing as the GCS and seems like everytime i muster up a full stack of experienced units, "Joe Schmo The Conqueror" and his whole stack decide to rebel. I like the whole rebellion thing because it makes the game more challenging and forces you to keep the masses happy (rather then letting them rebel then exterminating them again until they are happy). i just think that the loyalty of generals should be a little higher in general.

Locky's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: rebellion

Well you shouldn't use unloyal generals.

Cymera's Avatar Roma Invictus

Let them fight in smaller groups until their loyalty builds, as Locky said, check their loyalty, if they think they have a powerful force at their command, of course they would take a shot at power.

Under the Patronage of the Wise Kara Kolyo in the Hallowed House of Wilpuri
    Proud Patron of the Charming
    Balikedes, an Insightful and Tactful Warrior.

Extended Greek Mod (XGM) Lover ..... A mod by DimeBagHo

"
    The wise are instructed by reason, average minds by
    experience, the stupid by necessity and the brute by instinct
    "

- Marcus Tullius Cicero

DimeBagHo's Avatar Praeses

You should also get some Strategos "offices" which you can use to bolster the loyalty of good generals. Otherwise Locky is right - don't let disloyal commanders wander off with your men.

RedFox's Avatar When it's done.™

Giving the disloyal General another loyal General to watch over, you will never see the stack rebel.
    I had Leonidas of the Eagles (killed many many romans...) rebel, then quickloaded and sent his relative from Pella to watch over him. Seems that it kept him from getting any disloyal thoughts

alright maybe im just having bad luck with loyalty then. i dont have one general with over 4 rings of loyalty. i have now switched to not using generals with my big stacks. it puts me at a bit of a disadvantage but its better than losing full stacks.