Thread: Fatal graphics error

Default Fatal graphics error

Everytime I try to start the game my screen turns black and then I get the error message;

''A fatal graphics error has occured and the game will now be shut down. This is normally caused by having your game graphics options set to high, please try running the game again and lowering your graphics settings before entering a battle.''

How do I fix this?
    Last edited by Pickapoo; March 16, 2007 at 05:06 PM.

Default Re: Fatal graphics error

do what it says

lower your settings.I have had it one or two times and it usually defaults my settings and I have to change them to high again .I dont know why I get it but its either a safety for your computer when it overheats or it's some random glitch.

Aye mate, but the prob is that I cannot even start the god damn game

Do you have any other stuff running? I had that error once when I started the game then alt tabbed and opened an internet explorer page.I was viewing the page for a while, then I got the error.If that isn't the case then maybe go into the preference. CFG and lower the settings there :hmmm:.

Nope, I'm totally clean so to say I got nothing running while I try to start the game. And I got a good computer and new drivers to the graphics card so that could not be the prob.

And what do you mean with CFG? ^^

configuration file for Medieval. Its named medieval2.preference.cfg in your m2 directory

How do I configurate it?

open in notepad and rewrite atributes

go to c: programs/sega/medieval and you'll see a file called

"medieval2.preference"
    open it with notepad and go to where it says [video].....probably the last group

Where ever you see "high" change it to "low"...etc

If that works then go and change your settings back when in game but leave one or two of them one setting lower to be safe, if it was on high make it medium.....and so on.Or you could just put it all back and hope you don't get the error again
    Last edited by skullman86; March 18, 2007 at 04:11 PM.

Sad enough, I have lowered the settings in the way you told me to. But I still get the error

Same thing is happening to me. I just started playing Kingdoms Brittania campaign until an error message pops up before the game even loads up so I play Crusades for a while and now that's gone two.

I have a quad core i7 and pretty good graphics card and I just updated all the drivers. Also, the autodetect in the game set me at high. How is it that it won't work, now?

Sorry for Necro, but I thought I could just answer: Chance your screens resolution to smaller. I had this problem and I was using my TV as my screen, I chanced to my original computer screen whic is smaller and it worked