Thread: The Turks Stole My Warchant!!!!

JP226's Avatar Dux Limitis

Default The Turks Stole My Warchant!!!!

now tell me this is not rediculous

, it sounds good but they stole it!

and here's the real one:

and this one

damn theifs
    Sure I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is Im not. I honestly feel that America is the best country and all other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

Default Re: The Turks Stole My Warchant!!!!

They do a pretty good job imitating it too, it's a shame they're wasting such a good battlecry on such a lame (as compared to US Football) sport.
    Patronized by happyho in the Legion of Rahl
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugene Debs
    The Republican and Democratic parties, or, to be more exact, the Republican-Democratic party, represent the capitalist class in the class struggle. They are the political wings of the capitalist system and such differences as arise between them relate to spoils and not to principles.

And you stole it from the red indians, its a cycle. Though the attraction to such a nutter 'warcry' I fail to see.

On a related note, the Aussies stole their Aussie Aussie Aussie chant from the Welsh (Oggy Oggy Oggy) Cant; anybody come up with something clever and unique? At least make half an effort and butcher timeless classics like Celtic fans do.

we didn't steal it from any indians, it was developed in doak campbell stadium by a bunch of drunk frat guys in the late 70's early eighties.
    Sure I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is Im not. I honestly feel that America is the best country and all other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

sabaku_no_gaara's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

are you sure they "stole" it?

God I had this discussion with an overzealous yank on youtube aswell.

it could have developped independently there you know, someone heard the song once... started playing it I mean they played it in a robin hood movie aswell once the mel brooks one I think.. Men in tights. that was the first time I heared that and it was catchy, I didn't know it was american football related untill someone on youtube started spamming Galatasaray threads a few months ago. So how can you be sure they "stole" it?

Turkish suporters are great suporters if you askl me, I admire them and Greeks the most

just look at this:

and besides look at how many versions there are these days of "horto magiko" by the greeks allmost every country copied that one!
    here's the original

and I've seen many wattered down versions of this one, and look the aussies completely stole it this is a song from the melbourne victorys

but I don't see Greeks screaming bloody murder
    Last edited by sabaku_no_gaara; March 19, 2007 at 07:20 AM.

Man, amazing sight and athmosphere like those can only be seen in football games (The real one) in Europe.

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." -- Robert Pirsig

"Feminists are silent when the bills arrive." -- Aetius

"Women have made a pact with the devil — in return for the promise of exquisite beauty, their window to this world of lavish male attention is woefully brief." -- Some Guy

boofhead's Avatar Dux Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Fianóglach View Post
    And you stole it from the red indians, its a cycle. Though the attraction to such a nutter 'warcry' I fail to see.

On a related note, the Aussies stole their Aussie Aussie Aussie chant from the Welsh (Oggy Oggy Oggy) Cant; anybody come up with something clever and unique? At least make half an effort and butcher timeless classics like Celtic fans do.
    That "Aussie! Aussie! Aussie! Oy! Oy! Oy!" is am embarrassment to the nation. The first time I heard it (not too many years back) I cringed and thought "Shut the **** up you fools...."

Damn thing is still going....

tnick777's Avatar Campidoctor

Why are turks doing native american things anywho?

ShangTang's Avatar Domesticus

First banning youtube, now stealing the Seminole chant? How dare they!

"AVDENTES FORTVNA JUVAT"

i dont really understand what the stole
    what had the stole???

Busy!!!

it could have developped independently there you know, someone heard the song once... started playing it I mean they played it in a robin hood movie aswell once the mel brooks one I think.. Men in tights.
    how could they have developed it independently if they heard it somewhere else? And the robinhood movie stole it as well. Infact we patented it following that movie. So they, the turks, officially stole it.

Giorgos's Avatar Deus Ex Machina

@sabaku_no : The first time "horto magiko" was shown to the rest of the world was at the eu football(soccer for the people living in the us) games of 2004. I guess that's where the aussies saw it and copied it from.

Semisalis

Who cares.

It's Galatasaray scum anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by JP226 View Post
    how could they have developed it independently if they heard it somewhere else? And the robinhood movie stole it as well. Infact we patented it following that movie. So they, the turks, officially stole it.
    Like I said, They might not have known it was American football related if they heared it in the mel brooks movie and liked it or maybe heared it somewhere else. You can't jump to a conclusion and scream "they stole it" not unless you can bring me a few turks who snuck into the florida stade stadium and recorded what happened then traveled back to turkey and tought the galatasaray fans the war chant

do you understand what I'm trying to say? Also patenting a song related to a sports team is probably the craziest and saddest thing I have ever heared. people copy eachothers songs, in fact it could be taken as a compliment

to the guy calling galatasaray scum, the brits aren't angels either are they, you killed more italians with the heysel drama then turks killed english in the uefa cup incidents I'm getting tired of Brits screaming bloody murder whenever turks are mentioned, sure it's cowardly to come with machettes, but italians usually come with knives too, Feyenoord Rotterdam like to bring weapons along aswell, but because they didn't kill any english yet, it's apparently ok? In South america some come with guns but hey, they never killed any brits so they aren't scum.

Hehe gotta say the Panathinaikos and Florida State ones were the best, the Florida state one just for the sheer number of people doing it and Panathinaikos one just for the energy...they didnt even seem to care about the game just singing...great stuff. Nothing like a crowd at a live sporting event, been to World Series game, Superbowl and both were absolute madness it was fantastic. My goal before I die is to add a European crowd to the list especially during a Man Utd game.

Quote Originally Posted by sabaku_no_gaara View Post
    to the guy calling galatasaray scum, the brits aren't angels either are they, you killed more italians with the heysel drama then turks killed english in the uefa cup incidents I'm getting tired of Brits screaming bloody murder whenever turks are mentioned, sure it's cowardly to come with machettes, but italians usually come with knives too, Feyenoord Rotterdam like to bring weapons along aswell, but because they didn't kill any english yet, it's apparently ok? In South america some come with guns but hey, they never killed any brits so they aren't scum.
    He's Australian, so take your English hating elsewhere ok?

Quote Originally Posted by Saxon Huscarl View Post
    He's Australian, so take your English hating elsewhere ok?

Usualluy it's the english screaming bloody murder and galatassaray scum.

so it's an aussie this time, I bet it's because of the leeds incident and him being connected to brittain that made him say it tough.

Also don't whine about english hating, I don't hate the English You know deep down that what I said was true

either way the galatassaray clearly lack an imagination