Thread: A suggestion about morale (and not only)

Default A suggestion about morale (and not only)

Well, first of all I want to declare publicly that this mod totally revived the game for me.
    Seeing this new and wonderful "raise defenders" script, I was wondering if it's not possible to do something similar with the morale for armies.
    As an example, english armies would have a +5 or +3 morale bonus while fighting on english ground, so it would be almost impossible to rout while defending the homeland, but it would have a -3 morale penalty while fighting the egyptians for jerusalem or other native provinces of theirs, since the terrain would not be "familiar" to them, so they would be more susceptible to surprises from the enemy. This being valid, ofcourse for all the factions in the game.

Some other things that I noticed and maybe should be changed:

1. Could be the time until a crusade is declared "failed" reduced? It seems that the AI raises armies, marches to the target, they get killed or something, but for some reason the crusade still goes for 10-20 turns or so, maybe more until finally the pope decides to declare it failed.

2. General Bodyguard unit can be recruited at 4th and 6th level of the stable, but not at 5. Is this intentional?

3. French Noble Knights seem have been left out of the game. They don't appear as recruitable at any stable level.

4. For HRE, would it imbalance the game if Zweihanders would be available one barrack level earlier than the dismounted Gothic Knights? I mean, the units are quite similar in purpose but very different in stats and once you have both at once available, Zweihanders would be NEVER the first choice.

5. The unit card for HRE's crossbowmen in the custom battle is a "Peasant" one.

6. Can the strength of the Castle/Town Doors be reduced? I mean, I had a siege in which my troops on the ladders cleared the defenders on the walls, but the battering ram was still working on demolishing the door. The same goes with cannons, I had 3 bombards who needs 3 shots each to demolish a tower or a wall, but they ended their ammo while firing at the main door. Given one high enough number of artillery I think it's possible to entirely demolish one castle wall but the door will still be standing

Other than this, this mod is absolutely fascinating, never in my entire "career" of Total War Series player I had experienced 3 heroic victories in one AI turn, all in defensive, while trying to conquer the island of Cyprus. And never the French had so many armies at their borders so I hesitate to attack them (I'm playing as the English now). Congratulations to DLV Team
    Last edited by Aldarion; March 15, 2007 at 06:53 AM. Reason: Adding new things