Thread: Is "remove retinue" possible?

Default Is "remove retinue" possible?

I have a bit of a problem, some of my top brass have hit their max of eight retinue, yet some of this eight is petty stuff, like mercenary captain and what-not. Is there a way to remove these lesser ones to make way for things, such as, more Knight banners? I mean, when my best "Knight" hits his tenth year campaigning will he get his next banner? Or will it be forfeit because he's all maxed out?

please help... I tried
    ~ remove_retinue mercenary captain

and stuff like that, no variations worked though...

drats, I want my boy, head of the templar's, to get his ten years banner!

Default Re: Is "remove retinue" possible?

Quote Originally Posted by verity_blues View Post
    I have a bit of a problem, some of my top brass have hit their max of eight retinue, yet some of this eight is petty stuff, like mercenary captain and what-not. Is there a way to remove these lesser ones to make way for things, such as, more Knight banners? I mean, when my best "Knight" hits his tenth year campaigning will he get his next banner? Or will it be forfeit because he's all maxed out?

please help... I tried
    ~ remove_retinue mercenary captain

and stuff like that, no variations worked though...

drats, I want my boy, head of the templar's, to get his ten years banner!
    Hello Verity,

I've made most of the ancillaries transferrable (mercenary captain is). Stack your best man with a less renowned noble...and transfer ancillaries by dragging and dropping them on the lesser man's portrait. If all your nobles are maxed, build some new generals (bodyguard companies) to accept extra title ancillaries, etc.

If a general has 8 ancillaries (maxed out) then he will not receive additional higher level banners, swords, crown , etc. that he so richly deserves. This can be particularly bad for the heir...since his failure to be crowned is one of the triggers for rebellion...ouch!!!

Cheers! dd

Also, transfer your bad rentinues to a general who is close to death. Its a good way of getting rid of them.

I completely forgot about recruiting my own Gen's, thanx for the reminder. And giving bad ones--- say, pagan magi to old death bed fart's is an excellent idea as well.

thanx dd, and dread.

Should you really want to cheat the correct command would have been remove_ancillary this "mercenarycaptian" with the general selected. Some times the Traits/ancillaries have different names which are given in the "export_descr_ancillaries.txt" or for traits "export_descr_character_traits.txt".

Hope that helped.

Thank you, Kataki, I will be sure to note this--- for those generals to far flung to have their retinue's traded off.

Shadrach's Avatar Miles

I think most of the negative retinue like 'adultress', 'pagan mage' and so on are not transferable, and thats the way it really should be, imo.

Within reason of course, but how likely would it be that a general would part with his 'foreign floozy' to another general (on the kings orders)?

i'm curious as to how you enable the '~' or '`' key?

when i press it ... nothing happens?