Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Dawn of Kingdoms (NEW MOD THREAD)

Default Re: Middle Ages: Total War (NEW MOD THREAD)

i dont think that any other major mod will be finished by the end of 2009/10 lol .... we are running full speed

lol i know. I definately dont have the patience for programing and i appreciate whatever comes out from the community but that doesnt mean i cant be anxious =X I by no means ment it as a disrepect

Lord Condormanius's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by doobieboy View Post
    by no means ment it as a disrepect
    none taken.

nobody blames you for being anxious...I can't wait to finish this thing so I can finally play the game again
    "There is a difference between what is wrong and what is evil. Evil is committed when clarity is taken away from what is clearly wrong, allowing wrong to be seen as less wrong, excusable, right, or an obligatory commandment of the Lord God Almighty.

Evil is bad sold as good, wrong sold as right, injustice sold as justice. Like the coat of a virus, a thin veil of right can disguise enormous wrong and confer an ability to infect others."
    -John G. Hartung

Georgian Knight's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Condormanius View Post
    I know where it is. The biggest problem with Georgia is that in 1080, they were basically on the verge of extinction. They were being pummelled by the Turks and others. It was not until at least a decade later that things even started to turn around for them. If you read those "documents" you referred me to you would know this.

-From http://www.answers.com/topic/history-of-georgia-country

"Georgia has one of the world’s richest and oldest history, stretching back to the prehistoric times. The rise of the early Georgian states of Colchis and Iberia in c.2000 BC formed the unique Georgian civilization which has acheived its renaissance and golden age in 12-13th century. The history of Georgia was marked by invasions and subjugation by foreign empires. However, throughout the long history of turmoil, the Georgian statehood and the Georgian nation has preserved its national identity."

--This is not history. This is biased propaganda...you can tell that before getting past the first sentence.

LC
    Listen up man..I am not interested whether u icnclude Georgia in this mode or not...I am not interested Simply because i don't have a good computer to play this game...but I'm not going to sit here an listen how you call this information "propaganda"every word in that sentence is True...and don't you or anyone dare to call History of my country false or just propaganda...I respect the work all of you are doing(I do really),but i will not sit silently when someone shows disrespect to my country or my nation...

and by the way...u are right in 1080 A.C Georgia was in very bad situation,not on "verge of extinction",because at 1089 out king become KING DAVID IV Builder who created on of the most strong countries in Middle-east,if not strongest...I hope u will not call this propaganda too...
    Last edited by Lord Condormanius; April 19, 2007 at 02:10 PM.
    Fan of King David IV the Builder...

i think that factions have to be inserted carefully and with the aim to not destroy the historical flow of Europe and middle east ... the insertion of lesser kingdoms will be balanced by a strenghten of existing ones ...otherwise we will have armenia overrunning the turks ...that can happen but on 1/20 cases ... we inserted armenia , if we insert Georgia now the middle east will be a chistian affair and we will like to avoid it .
    The area already contain 2 new factions ...of course can happen that Georgia will be include if some limits of the game are overrun

IrAr's Avatar Senator

Yes, I would've liked to see a Georgian faction, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Georgian Knight View Post
    Listen up man..I am not interested whether u icnclude Georgia in this mode or not...I am not interested Simply because i don't have a good computer to play this game...but I'm not going to sit here an listen how you call this information "propaganda"every word in that sentence is True...and don't you or anyone dare to call History of my country false or just propaganda...I respect the work all of you are doing(I do really),but i will not sit silently when someone shows disrespect to my country or my nation...
    The language is biased. It doesn't matter whether or not it is ture. It is not written in a historical tone; its purpose is to glorify, not to inform. Therefore this piece of writing is propaganda. I never said the History of any country is propaganda (that doesn't even make sense). This is what happens when you take a piece of someone's argument out of context.

Furthermore, I suggest you keep your posts to questions or suggestions and keep it civil or I WILL delete your post and report you. Stay on the topic and don't go searching through, looking for something to complain about. This is a game, not real life. This forum is for discussion of the game, not a place for you to vent.

Nobody is making any judgements about your country. The only judgement that was made was about the quality of the evidence in question.

LC
    "There is a difference between what is wrong and what is evil. Evil is committed when clarity is taken away from what is clearly wrong, allowing wrong to be seen as less wrong, excusable, right, or an obligatory commandment of the Lord God Almighty.

Evil is bad sold as good, wrong sold as right, injustice sold as justice. Like the coat of a virus, a thin veil of right can disguise enormous wrong and confer an ability to infect others."
    -John G. Hartung

Georgian Knight's Avatar Foederatus

No problem... I said what i needed to say...
    Fan of King David IV the Builder...

Quote Originally Posted by Georgian Knight View Post
    No problem... I said what i needed to say...
    I'm glad I could help you get that off your chest. Now back to business...

-John G. Hartung

Quote Originally Posted by IrAr View Post
    Yes, I would've liked to see a Georgian faction, too.
    If we had a higher limit, Georgia would likely make the cut.

-John G. Hartung

sinople's Avatar These Romans are crazy!

fra70 you're wrong, there's another major mod which will be made before middle ages, but it's a french mod
    the forum link : http://falcomtotalwar.niceboard.com/index.htm
    like you can see this mod is next to middle ages.

Lord Condormanius could you give us a view of the campaign map?

sinople:

There is a pic of the map file in the first post of this thread.

-John G. Hartung

yes I know, I mean the map wich you can see in the campaign
    i had searched, but I had just seen the map in the start of this topic

-John G. Hartung

thank you, I had not seen that yet

This mod sounds great but I find it strange that the Kingdom of Portugal wasn't put. You have a list of countless factions, some of then weren't as important as Portugal and it's strange that Portugal isn't there. :hmmm:

Is it because you only have two provinces in Portuguese territory? You would perhaps think that two provinces aren't practical in terms of gameplay because then the faction would get wiped out relatively quickly?

portugal is there .... Aragon will now be a stand alone faction instead of replacing portugal

Quote Originally Posted by numerosdecimus View Post
    This mod sounds great but I find it strange that the Kingdom of Portugal wasn't put. You have a list of countless factions, some of then weren't as important as Portugal and it's strange that Portugal isn't there. :hmmm:

Is it because you only have two provinces in Portuguese territory? You would perhaps think that two provinces aren't practical in terms of gameplay because then the faction would get wiped out relatively quickly?
    Portugal was actually removed in favor of Aragon because Portugal did not exist until about 50 years after the start of the mod (correct me if I am wrong) and Aragon was more siognificant in this era.

I am curious to know what factions you think were of less importance than Portugal in 1080.

-John G. Hartung

Portugal as "The Kingdom of Portugal" yes. In 1080 most of current Portugal wasn't part of the Kingdom of Portugal that's right(but the same also happened with castile-leon and aragon), but if this mod goes all the way to 1530(?) then I it wouldn't make much sence not to put Portugal.

Here's a short list for events:

Formation(country/province): 868
    Independence:24 June 1128
    Kingdom: 25 July 1139
    Recognized by the pope: 5 October 1143

I mean, I know that Portugal gained it's independence in 1128, that's 50 years after the begining, but if you are putting the timeline all the way to the 15th century or the 16th century, then it's importance was indeed huge, especially the 15th/16th century. From the 12th to the 14th century it still had a lot of importance. For instance, the entire western Europe fate was under the constant game of the two main alliances, the Anglo-Portuguese Alliance and the French-Castele Leonize Alliance, and these alliances were much older than the treaty of Windsor. For instance, while the english and the french were batteling each other during the 100 years war, another parallel war existed which seriously affected the most known one, the one in France. Portugal and Spain had the gallies, England and France had the armies(and this isn't a simplification). Did you know for instance that it was Portugal who freed England from decades of comercial isolation from mainland europe? By destroying the french fleet that was in the english channel? Economically Portugal was a country or mechants, not a country of farmers as it's pop was relatively low even for the country's size(1.5 million) and few people were willing to work in the fields(this unfortunately resulted in importations), but this active comercial background of Portugal made Lisbon for instance THE main comercial city of the european atlantic coast for centuries(more especifically ever since the moors arrived all the way to the early 1600's), it's routes reaches as far as the caspian sea, other cities were some of the richest in Europe such as Silves, it's population was of 30000 to 40000(compare that to London) thousand and was one of the richest cities in western mediterranian europe(it's decline started in the 15th century), another "famous" example is the port vine industry which began it's massive exportations to England in the 12th century. Concerning the 15th century, in short the portuguese alrady had several coastal cities in the west coast of africa, cities such as S.Jorge da Mina(known today as Accra) for instance, from this city came some of the most intense exportations of gold ever seen, as it was known as the african portuguese gold coast.

If you would like an accurate metafore for Portugal in the middle ages, then you could say Portugal was the "Alantic Venice" or something like that.

Portugal did in fact not exist in the 11th century as a kingdom but as a country/province with an independent administration and cultural factors, however I think you're being a bit to much strict if you're following this by the line, because a mod that doesn't have portugal, especially a medieval mod, will be a most irrealistic mod, because a lot of realistic content will be missing. This is my opinion on the matter. I mean, couldn't you be a little flexible concerning the parameters you've chosen, it's that sometimes ironically they don't allow you to put the realism you wanted.

However, I wish you good luck with the making of your mod.
    Last edited by numerosdecimus; May 07, 2007 at 03:17 PM.

portugal will be there ... since factions will be probably 32 ( i dont know from where arrive this things of the 31 factions , venetia is 0 so to arrive at 31 are 32 slots ... ) aragon enter without the need to remove portugal