Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Dawn of Kingdoms (NEW MOD THREAD)

Lord Condormanius's Avatar Artifex

Default Dawn of Kingdoms (NEW MOD THREAD)

*{This is the new mod thread. to view the old thread, click here.}

-The purpose of this mod is to add length, balance and overall enjoyment to the game.
    -The mod will expand on what CA has already done by adding new factions, a bigger map and adjusting the AI to compensate.
    -While it will cover roughly the same time period (@1080-1530), the timescale has been modified to 0.50 (2 turns/year; total 900 turns) and campaign rebalanced to match (i.e. slower pop growth, lower income per-turn, etc.
    -Most factions will undergo at least some texture adjustments (banners, units, etc.).
    -Effort has been made to name both factions and settlements in their native tongues.
    -Historically accurate family trees
    -Titles for all regions and provinces

MAP:
    click the map to get to the "MAP" thread

FACTIONS:
    click name of a faction for link to discussion thread(not all are yet activated) *=new faction

The Kingdom of England (ENGLAND)
    Le Royaume de France (FRANCE)
    Heiliges Römisches Reich (HRE)
    Reino de Casilla y León (SPAIN)
    Venezsia (VENICE)
    Basileia tōn Rhōmaiōn (BYZANTINES)
    Kongeriget Danmark (DENMARK)
    al-Fātimiyyūn (EGYPT)
    Magyar Királyság (HUNGARY)
    Genova (MILAN)
    al-Murabitun (MOORS)
    Królestwo Polskie (POLAND)
    Rus' (RUSSIA)
    Rìoghachd na h-Alba (SCOTLAND)
    Ducato di Puglia e Calabria (SICILY)
    Kınık Seljuqs (TURKS)
    Civitas Pontificia (PAPAL STATES)
    Gurkānī (TIMURIDS)
    Kingdom of Portugal
    AZTECS
    MONGOLS
    Independent (SLAVE)
    Éreann (IRELAND)*
    Tywysogaeth Cymru (WALES)*
    Reino de Aragon y Navarra (ARAGON)*
    Comté de Toulouse (TOULOUSE)*
    Duché de Bourgogne (BURGUNDY)*
    Teutonic Knights Order
    Desht-i Qipchaq (KIPCHAKS)*
    Repubblica di Firenze
    Kingdom of Armenian Cilicia
    Raška (SERBIA)*

Team Members:
    Lord Condormanius
    HereticFang
    Fra70

Incorporated Mods*
    BigMap Mod by Spurius
    Unique Early Europeans by Burrek
    Unique Late Europeans by Burrek
    Blood and Dirt by Burrek
    Blood, Broads & Bastards by Pnut and Dearmad

*some of these mods may need be tweaked to cater to our mod, if necessary.

Any and all help is welcome and appreciated, especially skinning, models (may not be possible at this point), etc. Research and background info is also helpful. Send a PM to me or post in the help wanted thread if you would like to help out.
    Last edited by Lord Condormanius; November 26, 2008 at 03:37 PM. Reason: Update
    "There is a difference between what is wrong and what is evil. Evil is committed when clarity is taken away from what is clearly wrong, allowing wrong to be seen as less wrong, excusable, right, or an obligatory commandment of the Lord God Almighty.

Evil is bad sold as good, wrong sold as right, injustice sold as justice. Like the coat of a virus, a thin veil of right can disguise enormous wrong and confer an ability to infect others."
    -John G. Hartung

Default Re: Middle Ages: Total War (NEW MOD THREAD)

May I suggest incorporating Byzantine Armor Progression?

Quote Originally Posted by MadMushroomMan15 View Post
    May I suggest incorporating Byzantine Armor Progression?
    Is that the one that's all black?
    "There is a difference between what is wrong and what is evil. Evil is committed when clarity is taken away from what is clearly wrong, allowing wrong to be seen as less wrong, excusable, right, or an obligatory commandment of the Lord God Almighty.

Evil is bad sold as good, wrong sold as right, injustice sold as justice. Like the coat of a virus, a thin veil of right can disguise enormous wrong and confer an ability to infect others."
    -John G. Hartung

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Condormanius View Post
    Is that the one that's all black?

No, it is the one that makes it so the unit models change to better reflect the type of armor they are wearing...I think.

Hey, I have an idea...oh damn, forgot it....

any screenshots for this mod?

Quote Originally Posted by kevinm07 View Post
    any screenshots for this mod?
    I am still setting up the forum (we've only had it for a day and a half). There are some preliminary screens in the first post of the old thread (mostly Irish ones). I'll be organizing this forum and modding some things throughout the next few days, so there should be some new stuff up soon.

Thanks for your interest,
    LC

-John G. Hartung

Hey there again, been keeping an eye on this new mod really looks cool. I have some more ideas: One is adding 2 more factions like Teutonic Order and Kingdom of Jerusalem. I got the idea from "ZEPHRELIAL'S KINGDOM OF JERUSALEM MOD" it has both factions there. my other idea is remove Aztecs, I really dont think anyone will miss them just make them a full stack of rebels (I think someone already said to do that already) or better yet remove the Americas all together and expand the map eastern.

-borya1978
    Last edited by borya1978; March 17, 2007 at 02:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by borya1978 View Post
    Hey there again, been keeping an eye on this new mod really looks cool. I have some more ideas: One is adding 2 more factions like Teutonic Order and Kingdom of Jerusalem. I got the idea from "ZEPHRELIAL'S KINGDOM OF JERUSALEM MOD" it has both factions there. my other idea is remove Aztecs, I really dont think anyone will miss them just make them a full stack of rebels(I think someone already said to do that already).

-borya1978
    We're actually at our faction limit. Besides, I don't think that I could justify giving the knightly orders their own factions in something of such a large scale. While I do realize that they were actually their own entities, it is hard to represent that here.

I know what you mean about the Aztecs, but this Campaign will last 900 turns. You may find that they offer some surprises in the longer endgame. Besides, I think rebels roll over too easily. Having the Aztecs there makes the New World tougher to conquer (regeneration of familymembers, agents, etc.).

LC

-John G. Hartung

Soulghast's Avatar RAWR!

Just posting to wish you good luck, and to congratulate you for what you have done unti; now, keep it up!
    Ex-Curator
    Under the Patronage of Perikles
    Patron of Desperado † and Astaroth

R.I.P Calvin

So I just joined to say that this mod looks awesome and I can't wait!

Tadzreuli's Avatar Chevalier Blanche

verry interesting mod, really, by "historycal accurasy" , heh... my respect ...

one question:

Navarra - what is it? state, empire, strong state or great military traditions carrye nation? ... I think this is fully mistake faction !

oh, once more questions:

Zirids - what is it? other petty "empire" such navarra? ...

wales - isn't little province of England?
    qipchacs - mey be "one of them stringest" of factions....

I never meet more "unaccurate - unhistorycal" faction lits.

"nice" to meet your mod, good by

Quote Originally Posted by Tadzreuli View Post
    Navarra - what is it? state, empire, strong state or great military traditions carrye nation? ... I think this is fully mistake faction !
    No, it isn't, Navarra existed, it was a spanish kingdom. More info here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_of_Navarre.

one question:

oh, once more questions:

I'm not sure what you are trying to accomplish by this post. If you are trying to insult my choice of factions by calling them "unaccurate - unhistorycal" (neither of which are actually words, by the way), I suggest you get yourself an education. I am perfectly willing to take constructive criticism. But direct insults from someone who obviously has no clue what he is talking about, I am not willing to take.

My suggestion to you is that you keep your comments to something constructive. Otherwise I will have no choice but to delete your posts. This board is for discussion, not insults. If you would like to discuss or debate the historical significance of any of my factions, I am perfectly willing to do so. If you just want to spout out useless and pointless comments that have no intent but to anger myself and my team, please find another place to do so.

Finally, if you don't like our mod, play a different one.

Modding projects are a lot of work and unfortunately for you, we have not allocated a great deal of time to dealing with morons.

LC

-John G. Hartung

Quote Originally Posted by augustus244 View Post
    So I just joined to say that this mod looks awesome and I can't wait!
    It is comments like this that make this project all the more worthwhile. Thank you for your enthusiasm. I can't wait to finish either...maybe then I'll finally be able to play this game...

LC

-John G. Hartung

Soulghast's Avatar RAWR!

one question:

oh, once more questions:

Umm, as LC said, what are you trying to accomplish by this post? Or maybe, I know what you were trying to say. You were disappointed that your beloved and for you most important country ever, Georgia, is not in? Now, you are bashing other factions, saying that they are not important, maybe, with the hope that LC will take out some and add the most important nation in the world, Georgia. :insert ironic laughter: If you are trying to do that, there are better ways to convince someone to add your faction in the mod. Here is a little list:
    1. Fix your English( unaccurate, unhistorycal are not words, inaccurate and unhistorical are the right ones.)
    2. Have an argument in your post. At least make your post contain some fact. All your posts so far are either insults, or saying how great Georgia is. Tell us why you believe Georgia should be in, and why other factions shouldn't. And bring some evidence. As LC said, we need constructive criticism, not direct insults.

If you understand that there is no chance Georgia will be in, and you want just to insult LC and the whole Middle Ages team, don't do anything. We know most things about modding and history( ok, I am crap at history, but others like LC I think, know) better than you. It is obvious that you have no idea of modding. Maybe, if you want to insult, put some fact in your post, for me trolling and flaming is not acceptable, and I would have deleted and reported your post right away. LC is way too kind with you, but I guess everyone deserves a second chance, even if for you particularly it is about the 5-6th chance, after you were banned.

Also your comments about the factions show that you are almost uneducated with that kind of history. Again if you don't have something to say, do not post anything.

A historical faction list for you would be one with Georgia in? Sorry, we aren't going to make you a favour... And it is "lists", not "lits".

Nice to meet you too, and never see you again.( I will, as you are trolling every mod in sight, but...):sigh:

And on a final note. You need to understand that Georgia was not an important Kingdom in the middle ages, and it didn't affect medieval history... Trying to lie to yourself is stupid. Georgia was and is a small country, I don't see the reason that it should be implemented. Taking side its unimportance, it is also a waste of a faction slot, as in the game, this faction will collapse as soon as Mongols arrive, if it hadn't already by the pressure of the Turks, Byzantines, and possibly the Russians.

Anyway, LC, if you think that this post is unnecessary, feel free to delete it.
    Ex-Curator
    Under the Patronage of Perikles
    Patron of Desperado † and Astaroth

R.I.P Calvin

Ermeni's Avatar Biarchus

hi guys.....looking good...heard great stuff about your team.....just wanna remind you that cilician Armenia would be a cool faction to add....

Tadzreuli's Avatar Chevalier Blanche

can I unswer? mey be yes ....

1. I never ask to include Georgia.

2. I just have one question: Navara and Zirids what they are? state or what?

3. and finally:

you sad
    was and is a small country,

ok, smaller then Navara? or Zirids? or Wales? or Ireland? or Serbia? NO, Georgia was large then this 5 countryes together. if you whant see yourself, ok, this links

http://www.nplg.gov.ge/ic/library_e/gabeskiria/15.htm
    http://www.conflicts.rem33.com/image...geschichte.htm
    http://www.answers.com/topic/history-of-georgia-country

help you to found out Caucasia on the globus.

Quote Originally Posted by Ermeni View Post
    hi guys.....looking good...heard great stuff about your team.....just wanna remind you that cilician Armenia would be a cool faction to add....
    Thanks for the compliments. Unfortunatley, we are already at our faction limit and development has begun.

Stay Tuned...

LC

EDIT Cilician Armenia is in...
    Last edited by Lord Condormanius; April 18, 2007 at 09:16 AM.

-John G. Hartung

can I unswer? mey be yes ....

1. I never ask to include Georgia.
    No you did not. But history tells us what your agenda is. Just to save you some time...Georgia will NOT be added to this mod. Regardless of how many pleas, requests, insults, etc. that you post. They were simply not significant enough during this period.

2. I just have one question: Navara and Zirids what they are? state or what?
    The Kingdom of Aragon y Navarra was a kingdom in northern Spain. The Zirid Emirate was an Islamic state in North Africa.

3. and finally:

you sad ...
    What?

ok, smaller then Navara? or Zirids? or Wales? or Ireland? or Serbia?
    Perhaps not physically smaller, but Georgia's historical signicance is dwarfed by that of the aforementioned factions.

NO, Georgia was large then this 5 countryes together. if you whant see yourself, ok, this links

http://www.nplg.gov.ge/ic/library_e/gabeskiria/15.htm
    http://www.conflicts.rem33.com/image...geschichte.htm
    http://www.answers.com/topic/history-of-georgia-country

help you to found out Caucasia on the globus.

I know where it is. The biggest problem with Georgia is that in 1080, they were basically on the verge of extinction. They were being pummelled by the Turks and others. It was not until at least a decade later that things even started to turn around for them. If you read those "documents" you referred me to you would know this.

-From http://www.answers.com/topic/history-of-georgia-country

"Georgia has one of the world’s richest and oldest history, stretching back to the prehistoric times. The rise of the early Georgian states of Colchis and Iberia in c.2000 BC formed the unique Georgian civilization which has acheived its renaissance and golden age in 12-13th century. The history of Georgia was marked by invasions and subjugation by foreign empires. However, throughout the long history of turmoil, the Georgian statehood and the Georgian nation has preserved its national identity."

--This is not history. This is biased propaganda...you can tell that before getting past the first sentence.

LC

-John G. Hartung

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast