Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: General Discussion

Lord Condormanius's Avatar Artifex

Default General Discussion

Keep it clean, folks.

LC
    "There is a difference between what is wrong and what is evil. Evil is committed when clarity is taken away from what is clearly wrong, allowing wrong to be seen as less wrong, excusable, right, or an obligatory commandment of the Lord God Almighty.

Evil is bad sold as good, wrong sold as right, injustice sold as justice. Like the coat of a virus, a thin veil of right can disguise enormous wrong and confer an ability to infect others."
    -John G. Hartung

Default Re: General Discussion

Ok...I've opened up the new faction threads to discussion. The first post of each thread will be updated regularly. As more skinning gets done, more unit shots will be posted. My goal is to basically showcase the faction in the first post as the discussion continues.

I have also posted what I think will be the finished map.tga in the MAP thread. As the various factions are placed in starting postions, more screens will become available.

Again...thanks for all of the support!

LC
    "There is a difference between what is wrong and what is evil. Evil is committed when clarity is taken away from what is clearly wrong, allowing wrong to be seen as less wrong, excusable, right, or an obligatory commandment of the Lord God Almighty.

Evil is bad sold as good, wrong sold as right, injustice sold as justice. Like the coat of a virus, a thin veil of right can disguise enormous wrong and confer an ability to infect others."
    -John G. Hartung

Lopus's Avatar Biarchus
    SJ, MM, Republic of the Banana (Philippines)

Nice to have a forum of our own LC. Anyway, I should be able to send you the files within a couple of weeks. RL work has stepped in the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Lopus View Post
    Nice to have a forum of our own LC. Anyway, I should be able to send you the files within a couple of weeks. RL work has stepped in the way.
    The forum is nice for organization...it seems like there is almost as much work in setting it up as there is in making the mod itself.

A couple weeks, eh? ok, well that's fine. I don't really think I see a beta release happening before the end of next week. Even if you have a partial list, it might help, but I can still add factions with dummy names (only Serbia is left to be added) and what not without the final list. I guess until then, I can work on banners (yuck ) and other graphics and getting units into the modelsdb file (yuck, yuck ). There are still plenty of things to do...even if they are not my favorite things.

LC

-John G. Hartung

Sorry I have been gone for so long, my comp broke down and its been hectic at my house. Looks like things are going good, I would like to see some new screens though.

I'm working off a friends computer now, but I'll try and get some time in each day until I get the comp fixed. That also means no MTW2 for me

Quote Originally Posted by der Kaiser View Post
    Sorry I have been gone for so long, my comp broke down and its been hectic at my house.
    I was wondering what happened to you. No problem; life is full of surprises.

Looks like things are going good, I would like to see some new screens though.
    So would I. I am still waiting on some skins from a few places. I think I'll probably end up doing a bunch of the new ones myself. I hate to do it, because they take me a while to do, as I am not very good. But unless we get some more people on it...

I'm working off a friends computer now, but I'll try and get some time in each day until I get the comp fixed. That also means no MTW2 for me
    That's too bad. I actually build PCs as a hobby. If you lived around here, I probably have an older model that you could use...but since you are about 3000 miles away...no dice.

At any rate welcome back. You can only do whatever you can do, dk... and don't forget to visit the Dev forum (that's for us).

LC

-John G. Hartung

Can you add a feature were you can rename the settlements you conquer... e.g as the English it would be realistic when you conquer Ireland to be able to change the settlement names to be more english instead of in gaeilge and vice versa:hmmm:

Quote Originally Posted by kevinm07 View Post
    Can you add a feature were you can rename the settlements you conquer... e.g as the English it would be realistic when you conquer Ireland to be able to change the settlement names to be more english instead of in gaeilge and vice versa:hmmm:
    You can already do this in the original (unmodified) M2TW .

-John G. Hartung

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Condormanius View Post
    You can already do this in the original (unmodified) M2TW .

No i mean ingame, not editing the files

Quote Originally Posted by kevinm07 View Post
    No i mean ingame, not editing the files
    I also mean in game. All you have to do is open the settlement info scroll and click on the settlement name at the top. A cursor will appear in the name of the settlement...you can change it to whatever you want.

LC

-John G. Hartung

Neeley's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: NEW FACTION: Tywysogaeth Cymru (WALES)

I'm looking at Ireland (which i am very happy about me being very much Irish and proud of it like you wouldn't believe) but how is scotalnd being represented? MY name Neeley is after the people who lived in the hillsides of Ireland and my first nbame is Brian so I have always been interestd in Brian Boru and reading up on him

Default Re: NEW FACTION: Tywysogaeth Cymru (WALES)

Quote Originally Posted by Neeley View Post
    I'm looking at Ireland (which i am very happy about me being very much Irish and proud of it like you wouldn't believe) but how is scotalnd being represented? MY name Neeley is after the people who lived in the hillsides of Ireland and my first nbame is Brian so I have always been interestd in Brian Boru and reading up on him
    Scotland will be represented as Scotland (Alba). All of the factions are listed in the main thread.

-John G. Hartung

Condottiere SOG's Avatar Domesticus

I would be willing to help.

Quote Originally Posted by Condottiere SOG View Post
    I would be willing to help.
    I sent a PM to you.

-John G. Hartung

Ok...in the past few days some big things have been happening with this mod. Some of you may notice some posts about factions that are not on the list...this is because there are going to be a few changes. In the coming days, we will have a more coherent picture of what is happening.

LC

-John G. Hartung

Default Re: IRELAND -finished-

@LC & Fra

What Faction will come next? Wales? Aragon?

Moved to General Discussion
    Last edited by Lord Condormanius; April 24, 2007 at 12:15 PM.

Default Re: IRELAND -finished-

Quote Originally Posted by HereticFang View Post
    @LC & Fra

What Faction will come next? Wales? Aragon?

Moved to General Discussion
    Not exactly sure at the moment...We first need to take inventory.

LC

-John G. Hartung

When will the release be? it looks great

well 10 days = one faction ... we still miss 6 faction ? 60 days minimum ( that is if ive to make all the factions ... much less if someone else help ) plus map and new start positions ... 10 days ... rounding up everything and some campaign testing ...other 10 days ... 80 days so 2 months and a bit more ...

PS ... we can release the mod tomorrow with just the 4 new factions and a temporary map but i hate the mods that do version 1.78 , 1.78bis , 1.781 ....

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast