Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Map

Lord Condormanius's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Map

Quote Originally Posted by IrAr View Post
    How about the North American region?
    This is not a terrible idea. I also think that there are too many desert regions. So, we'll see.
    "There is a difference between what is wrong and what is evil. Evil is committed when clarity is taken away from what is clearly wrong, allowing wrong to be seen as less wrong, excusable, right, or an obligatory commandment of the Lord God Almighty.

Evil is bad sold as good, wrong sold as right, injustice sold as justice. Like the coat of a virus, a thin veil of right can disguise enormous wrong and confer an ability to infect others."
    -John G. Hartung

@LC

What is the city in provence, France?

Is it still Marseille? If it is we should Change it to Avignon. Avignon was much more important those times than Marseille

Quote Originally Posted by HereticFang View Post
    @LC

What is the city in provence, France?

Is it still Marseille? If it is we should Change it to Avignon. Avignon was much more important those times than Marseille
    You are right about Avignon. I will look into it and see what we can do.
    "There is a difference between what is wrong and what is evil. Evil is committed when clarity is taken away from what is clearly wrong, allowing wrong to be seen as less wrong, excusable, right, or an obligatory commandment of the Lord God Almighty.

Evil is bad sold as good, wrong sold as right, injustice sold as justice. Like the coat of a virus, a thin veil of right can disguise enormous wrong and confer an ability to infect others."
    -John G. Hartung

@LC

Could you send me somekind list of regions and settlements, so I could check it out and tell you what to fix?

-Heretic

Wake up...

What are the regions in Spain and France?
    Last edited by Lord Condormanius; May 02, 2007 at 10:53 AM.

@HF

Relax, man. I'll get it up...I don't have the list written out like that, but I will do it when I get around to it. I have been very busy with school lately...so when I get a chance to put this stuff up, I will.

LC

-John G. Hartung

Okay.

I understand you hurries at school. I would just like to have some advance in our progress

Orko's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Condormanius View Post
    This is the finished map_regions.tga for Middle Ages: Total War.

-The map is based on an early version of Spurius' BigMap that I have modified to include 199 regions.
    -All land bridges have been removed from the map.

Preliminary screenshots of all regions will follow shortly.
    this is not the final map, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius
    Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.

Quote Originally Posted by orko View Post
    this is not the final map, right?
    That was the plan...there may be some minor adjustments.

-John G. Hartung

Trabuc's Avatar Laetus

Hi,
    just a liitle apreciation on the map.
    Barcelona Province should be bigger up in the north. I know is a small change but historically important. Please look this map and if you can meke it bigger please.
    Thanks!
    Last edited by Lord Condormanius; September 28, 2007 at 06:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trabuc View Post
    Hi,
    just a liitle apreciation on the map.
    Barcelona Province should be bigger up in the north. I know is a small change but historically important. Please look this map and if you can meke it bigger please.
    Thanks!
    I can't see the date on your map, but Barcelona is fine according to the source map that I am using. Thank you for your concern.

-John G. Hartung

Nevada's Avatar Domesticus

the file looksgood and i hope the mapdoes that, too

Arto's Avatar Praefectus
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Idea : Why add Iceland?
    Last edited by Lord Condormanius; February 08, 2008 at 08:22 PM. Reason: not edited
    Knowledge is a deadly friend, if no one sets the rules. The fate of all mankind I see, is in the hands of fools - King Crimson's Epitaph.
    תחי מדינת ישראל

Quote Originally Posted by Arto View Post
    Idea : Why add Iceland?
    I don't understand your question. I haven't added Iceland.

-John G. Hartung

LC he meant, that why won't we add Iceland.

Arto. The answer is, that we don't want Iceland. There was nothing important at these times, so we just don't make it.

Default Re: --help Wanted--

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Condormanius View Post
    Heretic...our map has been finished since December. All of the regions are renamed and we have 199 of them in total.

I figured everyone on the team at least knew that...the map was done before I even announced the mod.

LC
    There's just a few small changes that I'd suggest that you make to the map. Even though you claim its finished, there are a few things that could make it a little better.

1. You should consider dividing up the Scandinavian regions a little more . At the very least you could add Lund (if Lund is the present city in the southern region of Sweden on the campaign map, then add Kalmar) to the southern tip of Sweden. If you haven't all ready, you may also wish to add Visby (Gotland).
    2. Stockholm should be changed to Upsalla. There is no actual record of Stockholm's existence until well into the 12th century,and even then it was not very important for a while.
    3. You may also need to balance out Sweden and Denmark. If you give Denmark its starting position as the same as the normal campaign, that would give it 2 regions: Arhus and Kobenhavn (if that is the town you place on the 2 islands). To balance this out, you'd have to give Sweden the 2 regions of Upsalla and Kalmar. However, if you want to make a historically accurate mod, then you should add Lund to the Southern tip of Sweden and give it to Denmark (who controlled it at the time) to balance this out, you'd have to allow Sweden to be able to easily obtain either Visby (if you add it ) or Oslo. And by allowing Sweden to gain quick control of both Visby AND Oslo, you would be able to balance things out for when Denmark takes Hamburg. (assuming the AI obtains Hamburg for Denmark like it always does in the normal campaign) A good mod that shows some excellent region divisions for Scandinavia is the HRR mod, though you only need to add 1 or 2 more regions to your current map to make it both more balanced and more historically correct.
    Finally, if the map was finished before you even announced this mod, then why did create this thread? Shouldn't this thread be used to help you make a better map based on the advice of the people who shall one day play your mod? If you aren't going to edit your map, this thread is pointless and should be closed. Otherwise, you should use this thread to assist you in the improvement of your map, and thus, your mod, by taking suggestions from it.

Quote Originally Posted by HereticFang View Post
    LC he meant, that why won't we add Iceland.

Arto. The answer is, that we don't want Iceland. There was nothing important at these times, so we just don't make it.
    Also, Adding Iceland would greatly extend the map border North, meaning LC would also have to add Norway, Northern Sweden, Lapland, Finland, etc. This takes to much time and to much effort. And what about all the new factions for all the new places that would have to be made?

Quote Originally Posted by IrAr View Post
    How about the North American region?
    You could do what the HRR team did in their mod. Because of all the regions they created in the part of the map they focused on, they had to cut down the extents of the map. For instance, they map did not include ANY of North America (the mod was focused on 1080 to 1300), much of Africa was cut out (eliminating Egypt and causing the Moors to have little room for expansion into Africa), and cutting off many Eastern regions (the Easternmost sea is no longer visible). You should really look at their mod to see how much they changed the map.

You can fimd it here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...ysprune=&f=498

Default Re: --help Wanted--

Quote Originally Posted by Svensksoldat View Post
    Finally, if the map was finished before you even announced this mod, then why did create this thread?
    I created the thread so that I could display the map.

Shouldn't this thread be used to help you make a better map based on the advice of the people who shall one day play your mod?
    Not necessarily. This mod is not subject to anyone but myself in the long run.

If you aren't going to edit your map, this thread is pointless and should be closed.
    The beauty of moderating my forum is that I get to decide which treads are pointless and should be closed.

Otherwise, you should use this thread to assist you in the improvement of your map, and thus, your mod, by taking suggestions from it.
    I weigh suggestions however I please to weigh them at any given time.

Thanks for your suggestions.

...also...there is no swedish faction...

-John G. Hartung

To those people who keep nagging about Sweden and any other Scan. place

Too be historically honest the Scandinavians played a TINY role when comapring factions such as those in the holy lands, hre, Italian city states, france and etc...

they were excellent mercs for the Byz. Empire and others, but their rise didn't come until the Union of Kalmar which really isnt Medieval....

Not saying they arent important but i dont see why we should expand the map in order to put ANOTHER scandinavian. Since the year is 1080 the Emirates in the Holy Lands would be SOO much more important. Damascas, Aleppo and Baghdad.
    Last edited by The Vich; April 16, 2008 at 11:36 AM.

The Vich is right. I think that make more factions in Scandinavia would be a mistake, especially if in order to do it you have to remove really important settlements like Malta or Mallorca. Besides, I think that North America should be removed. There is enough fun in Europe, we don't need to go away. Thus you gain a new faction, once the Aztecs are removed.

Those settlements in Upper Egypt should be removed too. They are too far and are too desertic to look interesting to the player. As you said, too many deseric regions. Steppe regions are good, especially if you're going to include the Cumans, Kiev, the Khazars or some of these nomadic tribes.

The Spanish regions are really strange. I am Spanish, so I can assure you that Navarra never reached the point to cut Aragon's access to France (with Aragon I mean the province of Zaragoza), and Barcelona controlled the Roussillon since the XVIIth Century, aand in the XIIth Century also controlled Montpellier, Narbona, Marseille and Foix.

The map that Trabuc has shown is about 1000-1100. Look at this map:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by Lord Condormanius; May 15, 2008 at 12:41 PM.
    "Déu és beure bé, menjar fresc i llevar-se a les deu"
    (God is to drink well, to eat fresh and to wake up at ten)
    ------ from the Catalan "Inquisition Trials Archive"

Cèsar de Quart
    Europe 1200 Team Member

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast