Thread: F1

Captain Blackadder's Avatar A bastion of sanity

Default F1

Well we all know that the formula one is starting back up again soon so who do people think will go well, fail or be a disapontment

I think that Alonso is once again going to go well and i am somewhat confident of webber going good as well but this is in my openion his last chance if he fails to win or get some more podiams i dont think he will last much longer.
    Patronised by happyho
    Patron of Thoragoros, Chilon
    Member of the Legion of Rahl

Eastern Red's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: F1

Judging from last season's performance, Alonso should bag the driver's title easily.

THE BEGINNING OF A NEW ERA
    COURTESY OF LORD RAHL

Giorgos's Avatar Deus Ex Machina

I gave up watching F1 ever since that fiasco with barichello making way for schumacher 50 metres before the finish...

God-Emperor of Mankind's Avatar Apperently I protect

I think this season will be very interesting.
    Alonso is a excellent driver however Mclaren has a nasty habit of sucking at the start of the season(this is from a Mclaren supporter).
    So by the time they get their heads together it might be too late for him.
    Kimi got a good chance to if the car will hold. That guy isn't known for his luck exactly.
    And with Schumacher gone from Ferrari, who knows what has happened to that team since he was quite a power in Ferrari.
    Renault is a strong bet but without Alonso they might be weaker then before.
    I can't say any clear winners at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Giorgos - Zahos View Post
    I gave up watching F1 ever since that fiasco with barichello making way for schumacher 50 metres before the finish...
    Sadly, favouritism has always been the call of the day, it seems. This is more like the constructors game and the top drivers always get their priorities. If only they played it fair, this sport will forever remain predictable and will never get out of its boredom status.

COURTESY OF LORD RAHL

Triarii's Avatar Semisalis

I think joining Mclaren will prove to be a big mistake for Alonso. Mclaren have one of the worst reliability records in F1 and I'm sure Alonso will lose a big load of points due to mechanical failures, just like Kimi did.

Speaking of Kimi the only thing that stopped him from winning the 2003/2005 titles was Mclaren's unreliability. Ferrari are famed for their bulletproof reliability, so I cannot see anything stopping Kimi this year.

I can't see any of Renault's drivers achieving much this year. Fisi lacks consistensy and the other guy is an unproven rookie. Hardly a classy line up for a top team.
    "Crikey!"
    -Stephen Robert Irwin 1962-2006

R.I.P Steve Irwin.

God-Emperor of Mankind's Avatar Apperently I protect

Quote Originally Posted by Triarii View Post
    and the other guy is an unproven rookie. Hardly a classy line up for a top team.
    So was Alonso but he still did very well.

Captain Blackadder's Avatar A bastion of sanity

Williams went rather well in qualifying much better then i thought they would. Hamilton was another suprise going faster then Alonso for a little while there
    Patronised by happyho
    Patron of Thoragoros, Chilon
    Member of the Legion of Rahl

Hmm... interesting! Let's hope for a real competitive season ahead. At least spending a few hours on the box is worth the while

COURTESY OF LORD RAHL

Shadow_Imperator's Avatar Italo/Aussie hayseed

Formula 1 and Ferrari will not quite be the same without Schumacher, watching the Aussie GP for me lacked the 'kiddish' anticipation I used to have for it, I would always be busting to watch Michael race, and his interviews and his on podium 'Schumacher leap', his passion for victory and his professionalism... I and millions of others will miss it. It is a shame he didn't win the championship in 2006. He deserved it, it wasn't to be, but it would've made a fitting send off...
    "We are unable to choose the circumstances of our creation, and few of us choose our demise.
    However, as intelligent creatures of freewill, we are gifted, privileged, and so very fortunate; that we are able to choose the manner, in which we choose live". - Me

(If you like my quote or agree with it, you are welcome to add it to your own sig!).
    Under the patronage of Bulgaroctonos - PROTECTOR of the FAITH

Triarii's Avatar Semisalis

Urgh that's the last time I bet money on Massa.

Ferrari must be getting concerned: 2 races in and Massa has underperformed in both. True he had to start from the back in Melbourne, however that didn't stop Kimi from winning in Japan 2005 in a car that wasn't as fast.

Lewis, a rookie, made Massa look like a complete moron in Sepang. Plus there was absolutely no excuse for Massa finishing 20s behind Kimi. Especially as Kimi was nursing a damaged engine all weekend.

Massa really needs to raise his game for Ferrari to have any chance of winning the constructors this year.
    "Crikey!"
    -Stephen Robert Irwin 1962-2006

R.I.P Steve Irwin.

Quote Originally Posted by Triarii View Post
    Urgh that's the last time I bet money on Massa.

Ferrari must be getting concerned: 2 races in and Massa has underperformed in both. True he had to start from the back in Melbourne, however that didn't stop Kimi from winning in Japan 2005 in a car that wasn't as fast.

Lewis, a rookie, made Massa look like a complete moron in Sepang. Plus there was absolutely no excuse for Massa finishing 20s behind Kimi. Especially as Kimi was nursing a damaged engine all weekend.

Massa really needs to raise his game for Ferrari to have any chance of winning the constructors this year.
    Hamilton might be a rookie but he's already proving to be one of the best drivers in Formula 1, Massa is an experienced driver yet Hamilton made him look like the rookie and a total fool tbh.

It would seem McLaren has got a really good chance of winning the constructors this year and either Alonso or Hamilton (most likely Alonso) to win the drivers championship. The competition is definitely between McLaren and Ferrari though and possibly BMW too but only because of Nick Heidfeld doing well.

spirit_of_rob's Avatar The force is my ally

I have enjoyed seeing mclaren looking strong again after a dodgy spell but the races themselves i havent found as entertaining, maybe its coz i dont have schumacher to hurl abuse at anymore . Before anyone says anything i dont dispute he was a quality driver its more of his "extra curricular" activities i found infuriating.

Hamilton has looked fairly impressive so far he was undera fair bit of pressure in sepang yet his driving remained smooth throughout.

The renaults new colour scheme is erm.... manky i think is a good word for it. Still i think this could shape up to be an interesting season

As for Massa i wondered how he would cope out of the shadow and so far its not looking good, still early days
    Former Skinner/Modeller for EB Former Skinner/Modeller for Hegemonia

Patrician Opifex under the patronage of Basileos Leandros I and patron of the Opifex Tone

mrmouth's Avatar flaxen haired argonaut

Quote Originally Posted by Giorgos - Zahos View Post
    yeah that was horrible. I still like formula though, best open wheel racing, cant stand Nascar.

Id have to say my favorite racing now is rally.

Happy days are here again for McLaren. What an outstanding performance from Alonso and Hamilton! Great teamwork and Hamilton proved to Massa that talent comes before experience.

COURTESY OF LORD RAHL