Thread: AI failing to Sally

Default AI failing to Sally

Hello,

I've been playing this mod for a while now, but in a recently started game as HRE I've noticed some problems with the enemy AI. In the early part of the game I usually wait out sieges, as they don't take too long, and I tend to be short on troops anyway. However, with this game I've found the AI either fails to leave the gate properly, or, in one battle where my troops deployed a long way back from the castle, came outside but then ran behind the settlement and hid there. In both cases they make no effort to attack my troops, which, unless I intervene, results in the battle being called a draw, and them loosing the settlement. This happened at Hamburg, Magdenburg, Bern and Antwerp.
    Anyone else suffering similar problems?
    Other than that, I love the mod, looking forward to the next version!
    Thanks,

Rob

Space Voyager's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: AI failing to Sally

This is the so-called "passive AI bug". It has nothing to do with LTC, it's a MIITW general bug.

Yeah, I know all about the passive AI bug, but I haven't seen it acting up in this kind of battle before. Just curious to see if anyone else has experienced the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob2984 View Post
    Yeah, I know all about the passive AI bug, but I haven't seen it acting up in this kind of battle before. Just curious to see if anyone else has experienced the same thing.
    In vanilla I saw a variation of the same problem. An enemy army sieged my citadel but then never made a move to attack with any of their siege equipment or their rams/ladders/towers. I had to just fast forward through the battle to get it over with. I haven't run into this with LTC yet though, I think one of the mods Lusted uses in LTC attempts to fix that.

AlCord's Avatar Semisalis

I have the same problem with HRE. And I am sure it has nothing to do with the passive AI bug because the bug started since LTC 2.1.
    If ound a solution for myself by using a unit with siege ladders towards the walls. Then the enemy sallied.