Thread: babylon toooo strong

Default babylon toooo strong

I started playing as egypt and I noticed all their infantry are weak spearman. And when i started fighting with babylon, they whooped me because they have huge armies of heavily armored spearmen and axemen. egypt has no chance to grow becauyse of their incredibly weak military. but more importantly, babylon needs to be weaker. much weaker.

Default Re: babylon toooo strong

Agreed, this is something we have picked upon.

The reason Babylon has such an advantage is due to the fact that they start out with a huge city. Unfortunately we didn't get round to upgrading choice cities for the other factions so they could start out with a realistic technology level.

In the next version other factions will have larger cities to build their better units and fight on the same level.

Here's a quick hint though -

If you take the city of Babylon quickly you end up with the higher tech level and the Babylonians are sent back down a peg or two.

Kemet is too weak

phinikians are not in campaign
    Last edited by Nero666; March 14, 2007 at 07:43 PM.

Default Re: babylon toooo strong

(I've merged the two posts into one - preferably use the Edit Post button if you want to say something extra.)

Kemet is indeed quite weak. We will rebalance the campaign and try to make Kemet a little stronger.
    Not using the Phoenicians in the campaign is a choise of the team. They were not independent enough from the Babylonian forces to be a faction of their own (only the city of Tyre was sort of independent, if I recall correctly). We have researched their military though - and if resources allow it, we might create a special AOR for the Phoenician territory.
    Automating RTW Coding and Balancing with PHP and MySQL (online)

Lead developer of:

Latest RoP Release: ROP v2.2
    Under the Patronage of the magnificent Rez