Thread: Argh! They don't speak anymore!

Default Argh! They don't speak anymore!

I installed all the packs correctly, and noticed that only the French and Germans would speak anything. The Italians, Spanish, and Russian were dead silent.

When I tried reinstalling it again... only the Italians and Germans would speak..

how can I get all of the packs to work correctly? I did everything right.
    Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself.
    -Harvey Fierstein

Default Re: Argh! They don't speak anymore!

I have the same problem. I installed The French, Spanish, German and Italian soundpacks. I followed every step carefully and the only people that speaks are the French, German and Spanish ppl. Everyone else is dead quiet. Anyone have a clue waht to do?

Beiss's Avatar Nemo nascitur...

You must have made a mistake during the installation. It sounds like you didn't unpack the original samples before unpacking the mod packs.

Just to make sure, look in your M2TW\data\sounds\Voice\Human\Localized folder and see if you can find files beginning with "English_", for example, or "Arabic_". If you can't, you must have either messed up at step 3, 4 or 5 or done these steps in the wrong order. Please come back once you've looked this up, and I'll see what I can do to help you.
    Under the patronage of Halie Satanus, Emperor of Ice Cream, in the house of wilpuri

Well I've checked this folder and it seems only that the french, german and spanish voices are present. So I guess I might done something wrong. I will have to try it again. I 've done that I'll get back to you.

Well I know what I did wrong. In step 4 I forgot to move the unpacked Voice folder to M2TW\data\sounds. So therefore I only got the sounds from the downloaded soundpacks in my case the french, german and spanish. But now it works fine. And I am combining this mod whith stainless steel, and that works fine to.

Great mod... Love it .

I followed every step carefully
    Uh-huh... Nobody seems to take my instructions seriously...
    Under the patronage of Halie Satanus, Emperor of Ice Cream, in the house of wilpuri

i followed every bloody instruction and still having the same problem. My computer is NOT the problem. I just recently upgraded to the newest stuff available out there
    Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself.
    -Harvey Fierstein

This has nothing to do with your computer. The installation instructions are completely system-independent - it's the same procedure for everyone. I'm not blaming your computer and never did. Come back when you've looked up what I asked you to look up in post #3, and let's hope I can help you from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Beiss View Post
    Uh-huh... Nobody seems to take my instructions seriously...
    Hehe... sorry m8 . However I learned what you've done. And a question. Why do you put the Voice folder in that place so that we stupid users have to move it? Wouldn't it be better to put directly where it should be. I mean that's where you unpack the soundpacks anyway. Well just a reflection.

Looing forward for more languages.

Yeah, it's stupid... Vercingetorix extractor extracts the voice folder there, and it must be moved because otherwise the game can't find it. It's already in data\sounds, but the extractor thinks it needs to be unpacked into data\sounds again, and creates these folders automatically... I think this is because the soundpack extractor was designed for rtw and not for m2tw. Either that or I've misunderstood how to use the extractor. One way to solve it would be by moving the .idx and .dat files into m2tw\ before unpacking them, but then that would make a mess in the m2tw\ folder. Until we've made an automatic installer (which we will, for the next version of Xenophonia), there isn't really a simple solution. Sorry :/

EDIT: I've found a way to make the files appear in the right folder by themselves. You need to run xidx from m2tw and then call the idx files in their own folders. I'll try to incorporate into the next version.

Also, I've added new speech for the Danes, and now they don't speak at all except for during prebattle speeches and battle events, and they also don't have any subtitles during these. Wtf? I wonder what I've done wrong. What if there's an 11 language limit?

EDIT AGAIN: My bad, there is no language limit.
    Last edited by Beiss; April 04, 2007 at 06:24 PM.