Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: [M2TW AAR] Times of Darkness

~Beren~'s Avatar Primicerius

Default [M2TW AAR] Times of Darkness

Hey guys, I'm starting a new AAR except this time, it's going to be a medieval/fantasy style storyline. After playing Oblivion for the hundreth time, I was inspired to write my own fantasy AAR. Since there are no mods that alter the models of units, you'll have to use your imagination. I used the Mongols as the demonic forces while the Western Kingdoms are just the typical England, HRE, etc. The background of my story is as follows:

A demonic horde has invaded Europe, and has shrouded it in total chaos. They have come from the East, and has engulfed almost all of Russia and the Middle East. The Western Kingdoms, after centuries of fighting finally banded together to face an even bigger threat, formed what is called the United Civilized Kingdoms. Together, they form a stand against the invaders, who have already scorched much of the known East. Demonic gates are scattered througout, and monsters of all type continously pour out from these towering gates. Wherever they go, the ground turns into a volcanic-like state, and the sky black as the void. Villages on the outskirts of the human world are over-run by demons, women and children are drawn up to become their slaves. A mixed-breed of humans and demons are recuited to bolster their already immense forces. The humans, pray to their God, in hopes of aiding them in this Time of Darkness.

It will take time to make the pics, I still need to learn how to use photoshop after Crypel released his tutorial (thanks a ton Crypel!). So far, everything looks really good.

Plutarch's Avatar Civitate

Default Re: Times of Darkness

sounds interesting, looking forward to some of your work

Under the Patronage of Bulgaroctonus

Ok, I have completed the first batch for the AAR. The pictures may not be as great as Crypel's, but that's not what I'm trying to achieve. Besides, this is the first time I've used photoshop in my life. So anyway, on with the story.

The year of Atronarchus, 733. Sunfall.

As the demonic horde encroaches beyond the domains of the human world, a rather large contingent of German legionnaires stand guard on top a hill leading towards the city of Narmen. The officer in charge of the troops is but a junior officer, Rudolf Bergmann. He has yet to face real battle against the demonic horde, but has a reputable leading potential. To him, this battle is to prove his tactical worth, and he is confident that he will be able to defeat the blood-thirsty demons.

Bergmann: Alright men, listen up.

He looks over his men, he can see the fear in their eyes. They are well aware at the ferocity of the beasts, and their morale is already low even before the battle started. But through their training and strict discipline, they manage to hold themselves.

Bergmann: Beyond that horizon, the hordes from oblivion approaches. We must stop them here, we must stop them at all costs. For if we fail, hundreds and thousands of innocent men, women, and children will suffer under the foot of these tyranical beasts. They will be forced into their service. They will be forced, to be transformed into one of their own ilk. We must not let the people of Narmen down. I am aware of your fears. These demons are the spawn of evil. But you should fight anyway. You should fight, even when there is fear. Becuase courage is being afraid but fighting anyway. So try not look afraid. Show these rabble that we humans won't go down without a bloody fight!

The men cheer. Their spirit soared considerably. They believe that they may have a chance at beating these foul wretches. By the guidance of God, they will win.

As the Germans waited, they could see the demonic horde advance towards their postion. Behind them, the darkest of clouds hangs over their army. The sun is covered by these clouds some would say was darker than the eternal void itself.

As the sky turns even darker, and the sun swallowed by the clouds, the soldiers ready themselves with their pikes forward, their shields raised, and their courage steady.

Bergmann: This is it men, battle awaits us. Remember ,if you die this day, you die in the company of the bravest men in Germany!

Two Demonic scouts scurry infront of the German's positions. The men finally sees the enemy's faces. Luckily they are wearing face masks that screened their, as legends say, faces that would haunt a man his entire life with a single gaze. But the mask was still hideous regardless.

The demoinc forces advance towards the humans at very high speeds as they engage. It's as if the soldiers were hit with a "colossal hammer" as one legionnaire said it.

The battle begins, with hundred of men already dead from the swift and powerful charge. Nonetheless, the humans hold their ground. The ferocious battle lasted for countless of hours. The humans are getting exhausted, but the demons aren't. It would seem like the battle is hopeless.

The demons are inumerous. Once you kill one, hundreds more will take its place.

The odds look grim. Too many men already lost their lives. The tide of war is constantly shifting, usually against the humans. Will they be able to suppress the hordes of oblivion?

Give. Me. More. NOW!

Soz, i just ment it was good. I dont know a **** about pic editing, i don't know what could have been better. Keep up the good work!

thoscme's Avatar Semisalis

i really liked those pictures of yours! they are awesome

although, the story is kinda oblivion.. played through it just like you, some times, and then it gets boring!

but hey, keep it up!
    proud norwegian

Hex Khan's Avatar Oooooh Yeeeaah!!

yes what these people said!

Its amazing work crazyguy, your pulling your weight and then some, i'm impressed
    Historical Reenactor and Proud of it
    Winner of Best AAR Writer Award 2007

Good story and pictures.
    The law is reason free from passion - Aristotle.

The end does NOT justify the means.

Quote Originally Posted by thoscme View Post
    i really liked those pictures of yours! they are awesome

although, the story is kinda oblivion.. played through it just like you, some times, and then it gets boring!

but hey, keep it up!
    Glad you like it! But then, I wouldn't have had these kinds of pictures without Crypel's tutorial.
    The reason why I play it even now, is becuase of the billions of amazing mods they have for it. Do you only play the original?

Quote Originally Posted by Hex Khan
    Its amazing work crazyguy, your pulling your weight and then some, i'm impressed
    Thanks Hex, I'm here to impress! Hehe
    Last edited by ~Beren~; March 09, 2007 at 07:41 PM.

" Author of "Heiliges Römisches Reich" - AAR
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=84194

Author of "Tides of Darkness" - AAR
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=87233 "

whats this!?
    Shameless advertising! It seems to catch on... lol

Though on a tad serious note keep this sorta thing your going to get decent rep for this sorta activity and please do keep on impressing creative flare seems to be popular amongst the high and mighty in TWC.

Yup! It is shamless! lol

I also noticed I got a "off to a good start" rep status. Which is good I guess.
    Well honestly, I don't really care much about rep. Although getting some shows that people appreciate my work and that the "shameless advertising" does work.

I enjoyed it.
    I eat because I'm Unhappy
    I'm Unhappy because I eat; It's a Vicious Cycle

The last time we left the humans, they were greatly outnumbered and exhausted. The fight raged on until that night. As luck would have it, reinforcements are on their way from the city of Narmen. Having learned of the Bergmann's predicament, they sent 5 units of handgunners to aid the weary heroes. The news came to the hands of Bergmann and he was more than happy to accept additional soldiers. Especially when they are armed with the latest weapon in the human's arsenal - guns. But, as the group of gunners arrived close to the battlefield, they're ambushed by undead cavalry. Bergmann's reinforcements are delayed. They would have to fight on without them for the moment.

Back in the front, the humans continue to fight on the horde, this time against halflings - half human, half demon. They are easily cut down but are huge in number. The blood-soaked soldiers, whos spirits are lifted when hearing of the coming of more men, hold off wave after wave of demons in hopes that their much needed reinforcements arrive in time.

But when there is still no sign of the gunners, the men start to lose morale. They are eventually surrounded, assaulted by demons from all sides. The tide of war has turned against them yet again. Bergmann yells orders for them to stay and hold, but because of the all the shrieking of pain, loud clashes of steel, and the constant yelling of soldiers from both sides, some of the men don't hear the order and break. Sadly, they weren't fast enough to escape the spears of the demonic cavalry.

After the hope of more men had vanished, the gunners finally arrive. A wave of cheers sweep the ranks, enabling them fight like never before. The gunners line up and fire their guns. Volleys of bullets pierce through the demons, even killing their leader. The dark clouds start to disappear. Althought the men didn't notice since it is already night time. The humans finally see a chance in victory, and exploit it to their advantage. Now leaderless, the demons withdraw.

Lieutenant Lothar: Your enemy runs away Bergmann, a clear victory for all humanity!
    Bergmann: Yes, we make a base here, and so that we may requisition more troops to finish off the demons from this area.
    Lieutenant Lothar: But sire, the demons are retreating... Mindless as they are, they surely know when they're beaten...
    Bergmann: You have to know your enemy to beat them soldier. Demons only retreat to regroup. They'll be back, but with an even larger force.
    Lieutenant Lothar: You've faced this demons before sir?
    Bergmann: No, but I have experienced the destruction of my hometown, and the murder of my family, under the hands of these evil creatures. I've seen the Imperial Guard drive them out. As they were cheering, the demons returned in larger numbers. They cut every man down as they were celebrating in the town square. I was taken by a man to safety. I never really got the chance to thank him, for as he hid me in the basement, I heard the front door being kicked open, and a scream of pain from upstairs. I hid there for a couple of hours. And... let's just say I survived that day. Lieutenant Lothar, tell the men to establish camp here, I want sentries posted on each tower. These demons have no need for sleep.
    Lieutenant Lothar: At once mein Hauptmann!

Victory at last. But at what cost? 3/5 of Bergmann's entire army perished at that battle. The battle that would be known as the Battle of Tyranian Pass. It would be marked as the first victory of the United Civilized Kingdoms against the Demonic Horde. Now, the men can rest. Narmen is safe, at least for the moment. But the demons also launched attacks within eastern Greece. King Akantiokos has been slain, his body placed on a huge stake that towers over the ravaged Constantinople for all to see. Captain Howard of the English Kingdom has been sent by the Pope to reclaim the lost city.
    Last edited by ~Beren~; March 10, 2007 at 01:36 PM.

Hello again. A very cool report, once again.

Elric von Rabenfels's Avatar The Devil Inside

Nice nice! Sadly I am not able to work on my AAR anymore, due modding work, you have some great work here! Do you maybe need some "demonic" textures for the mongols?
    - What can change the nature of a man?

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Darkwing View Post
    Nice nice! Sadly I am not able to work on my AAR anymore, due modding work, you have some great work here! Do you maybe need some "demonic" textures for the mongols?
    Oh yes, certainly! I'd appreciate that Raven, thanks
    But I don't want for you to take time away from your modding though. Just when your free to do it.

Elric von Rabenfels's Avatar The Devil Inside

Quote Originally Posted by cra_z_guy View Post
    Oh yes, certainly! I'd appreciate that Raven, thanks
    But I don't want for you to take time away from your modding though. Just when your free to do it.
    I will look into it. I really want to help you - because your AAR is something special. And nobody can force me to do other mods when I want to help you here - I´m free. Expect some shields in the beginning, maybe some unit reskins afterwards.
    - What can change the nature of a man?

does this mean we might get to see a fort siege battle in the next update, the evil demons attacking on a dark violent night? oh the suspence! eagerly waiting

I'm really grateful, Raven, thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Hex Khan View Post
    does this mean we might get to see a fort siege battle in the next update, the evil demons attacking on a dark violent night? oh the suspence! eagerly waiting
    *GASP* Are you psychic!?

Because I just finished taking pictures of a siege battle during a dark stormy night. Except it's the humans trying to retake Constantinople from the demons.

even better! i love sieges

though the last piece of diologue suggested a siege was brewing somewhere

though I have to complement you, your pixs have really improved since your earlier onces

good story, even better eye candy

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast