Thread: An idea concerning rebellion

Default An idea concerning rebellion

I really like the idea of rebellion, infact it was one of the main attracting points for me, but after seeing how it works I was a little disapointed. I understand the scripting limitations but maybe there is a work around. Why not simply kill the rebelling general when he gets the "Rebel" trait and have the game spawn new character with the same name, and stats if possible, along with an army of supporters the next turn ? Im not sure how the naming system works but they would be much more satisfying than the "LOL I CAN ONLY MOVE ONE SPACE PER TURN" until they finally rebel like 15 turns later.

Off Topic: Why is it my King goes from max authority to no authority? does it have something to do with Rebel Generals being in command at a town?
    Last edited by Kataki; March 08, 2007 at 07:36 PM.

Marku's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: An idea concerning rebellion

its my opinion that everything rebe; (rebel spawns near capitals, your own rebellious generals etc) related should be toned down just a tiny bit.

"It's not always possible to do what we want to do, but it's important to believe in something before you actually do it"

Is my idea possible as far as scripting goes? Would love to see something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kataki View Post
    I really like the idea of rebellion, infact it was one of the main attracting points for me, but after seeing how it works I was a little disapointed. I understand the scripting limitations but maybe there is a work around. Why not simply kill the rebelling general when he gets the "Rebel" trait and have the game spawn new character with the same name, and stats if possible, along with an army of supporters the next turn ? Im not sure how the naming system works but they would be much more satisfying than the "LOL I CAN ONLY MOVE ONE SPACE PER TURN" until they finally rebel like 15 turns later.

Off Topic: Why is it my King goes from max authority to no authority? does it have something to do with Rebel Generals being in command at a town?
    There is no effective way to kill a character through the script. While you can kill a named character, you have to know who they are at time of scripting...obviously, you won't know the names of characters that rebel during the course of the game...so that feature is fairly useless. There's no way therefore to implement your good idea.

King's Authority starts falling once a Civil War is up and running (it may even happen when he gets the trait offends nobility...I need to go check on that).

Cheers! dd

Thanks ;P was just curious