Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast

Thread: [ORIGINAL THREAD] BROKEN CRESCENT: Total War in the MidEast

Default Re: [New Mod] BROKEN CRESCENT: Total War in the MidEast

Oh, I meant to say change their face texture. Its difficult because the head textures differ in makeup for different units - In what direction they face and size.

Indefinitely Banned

Thats looks good AlphaDelta. However, I would really like not to give the unit a "brand" ie the cross, like Ahiga said, is too bold. I think its best to use Rusian or Hungaries spearmen instead, since the headress and face is far too arabic.

The mail headress looks very similar to the one in Tadzreuli's references. I dont think there are spearmen in the Russian/hungarian roster that look similar to the reference.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaDelta View Post
    The mail headress looks very similar to the one in Tadzreuli's references. I dont think there are spearmen in the Russian/hungarian roster that look similar to the reference.

Cheers
    I believe that you can do a quasi sort of aventail if that's what you are looking for. Burreck included it with his Polish Nobles (I think), despite not having it as a mesh.

The references for the Shubosani Molashqre dont show an aventail.

Cheers

Indefinitely Banned

Is it possible to "paste" the face square of the texture with another units? That would make your skin more georgian and give them that caucasian highlander look.

Elric von Rabenfels's Avatar The Devil Inside

Do you need another quite skilled skinner? I can´t draw fully new skins, just havent got the tools for that, but I can reskin, with normal maps, new symbols and signs and recoloring. And I´m quite good at that .
    So if you need another hand helping you here, call me.
    But I need a break from modding, worked too much the last weeks...
    So I would start in about a week, not now
    Last edited by Elric von Rabenfels; March 10, 2007 at 12:54 AM.
    - What can change the nature of a man?

John I Tzimisces's Avatar Get born again.

@Tadzreuli, didn't the Georgians use lots of armenian soldiers as well? Given that armenia was under the control (enough of it anyhow) of the georgian kingdom, I've always read they made up a large portion of the georgian army (and very likely georgian royalty was either armenian in origin or relation...just as in armenia much nobility after the birth of christ was persian or had ties with the persians). Are there any sources for their outfitting?

Mirage, as for Cilician soldiers, I have...two pictures I can dig up somewhere. The infantryman is wearing beige garments, with an ovular shield (bearing the red lion of the roupenid dynasty) and a brimmed kettle helm (although it seems likely that their infantry were also armored in a similar fashion to ottoman soldiers of the 15th century: with a scale or plated coat). Their cavalry wore similar armor, and as with time went on were continuously influenced by western armours, although a chain suit is the only picture I have of a Nakharar.

Tadzreuli's Avatar Chevalier Blanche

great work guys, recolored saracen srearmen as Shubosani Molashqre look awesome !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is it possible to "paste" the face square of the texture with another units?
    No problem doing that whatsoever..Which face would you like for the Georgian units?

great work guys, recolored saracen srearmen as Shubosani Molashqre look awesome !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Happy to hear that.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by John I Tzimisces View Post
    @Tadzreuli, didn't the Georgians use lots of armenian soldiers as well? Given that armenia was under the control (enough of it anyhow) of the georgian kingdom, I've always read they made up a large portion of the georgian army (and very likely georgian royalty was either armenian in origin or relation...just as in armenia much nobility after the birth of christ was persian or had ties with the persians). Are there any sources for their outfitting?

Mirage, as for Cilician soldiers, I have...two pictures I can dig up somewhere. The infantryman is wearing beige garments, with an ovular shield (bearing the red lion of the roupenid dynasty) and a brimmed kettle helm (although it seems likely that their infantry were also armored in a similar fashion to ottoman soldiers of the 15th century: with a scale or plated coat). Their cavalry wore similar armor, and as with time went on were continuously influenced by western armours, although a chain suit is the only picture I have of a Nakharar.

You Armenians..shovels seem to be your kryptonite.

I kid of course. That could use one of the byzantine sword models, though it wouldn't have the oval shield.

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Darkwing View Post
    Do you need another quite skilled skinner? I can´t draw fully new skins, just havent got the tools for that, but I can reskin, with normal maps, new symbols and signs and recoloring. And I´m quite good at that .
    So if you need another hand helping you here, call me.
    But I need a break from modding, worked too much the last weeks...
    So I would start in about a week, not now
    You can help us out whenever you want. This is after all free work so every get to take their time (unlike other things in life!). But we will indeed be doing a lot of recolouring and definitely need help with faction symbols and such.
    Cool, whenever you get the time post up a scan of those pics.

Elric von Rabenfels's Avatar The Devil Inside

Thanks for your understading, I appreciate it. You could tell me some units that need to be recolored and in which colors and what for symbols and that stuff, I will do them overtime, sometimes faster sometimes slower
    - What can change the nature of a man?

John I Tzimisces's Avatar Get born again.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahiga View Post

You Armenians..shovels seem to be your kryptonite.

I kid of course. That could use one of the byzantine sword models, though it wouldn't have the oval shield.
    Thats one of the pictures I was talking about...although it should be noted that is very specifically a Cilician soldier who well could be of greek or arabic ethnicity (armenians were a minority, when nobility came to cilicia fleeing the turks, they managed to sieze power, being that some of them were backed by the byzantines to serve as local commanders and their general skill in war)

Metiskhovne (garisson spearmen)

Hope it's not too 'gamey'.

Cheers

A few notes on possible models.

Aznauri/tadzreul'i - The perfect model for this seems to be the dismounted boyars son model. However the boyars son model uses an axe and not a sword. Up armoured moorish urban militia have the right weapon and shield but the wrong helmet.

Which is the best fit?

Cheers

good jod alphadelta

but

why does your shields include Cillician Armenias flag simbols - Lions

on it ?

simbols appearing on the Georgian shields must be pure

georgian simbols and not Cillician or something else

you have bettre put the cross in the middle and four point on the each

field as it was the real Georgian national flag simbol.

cross with the four point meant the iron nails of Jesus Christ

and some of this four iron nails which are not only Georgian simbols but

for all christian christendom as well

are preserved on the coins of Vaxtang III of Jerusalem

and on the coins of the other monarches of Georgia

See here middle cross with four iron nails of Christ

Some of this holly iron nails are still preserved in Georgia.

In Svetizkhoveli church if I don’t mind

link: - http://www.zeno.ru/showphoto.php?photo=19822

yes

and lets do not use red coular but more light-red (shindispheri) which is more

accurate in the historical point of view.

why does your shields include Cillician Armenias flag simbols - Lions
    Sorry, I saw that excellent reference picture and presumed it was a Georgian soldiers. I've corrected the error and saved the lion for later.

Cheers

Matthæus's Avatar Knez Bribirski

just to say i like the idea and i wish you good luck!!