Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: [ORIGINAL THREAD] BROKEN CRESCENT: Total War in the MidEast

Default Re: [New Mod] BROKEN CRESCENT: Total War in the MidEast

My only suggestion would be to maybe have the nose and mouth covered by chainmail on some of the troops.
    Great suggestion..I've added the face mail and now they look like pure evil.

in future will open subforum for this mod or not?
    I have made a request to a foum administrator to open a new sub-forum, we are keeping our fingers crossed.

Cheers!
    Last edited by AlphaDelta; March 17, 2007 at 06:01 AM.

I think they're about ready to bust some Seljuk heads.

Cheers

Kingdom of Armenia - DONE
    "I don't want to sit around Windsor because ermm .. I just generally don't like England that much" - Prince Harry, 3rd in Line for the British Thrown

For King or Country - The English civil wars.

Looks good. I like how you put the icons on the shields. I've seen concept in other mods and think it's a good idea.

Centenarius

the unit itself is superb, but whats up with the crusader and hospitallers shields?

Well they are just crosses, not necessarily associated with any particular order.

English people have the Saint Georges cross (red cross) as their national flag, but we dont call them 'Templar knights'. Also, we dont call Danish people 'hospitalier knights' because they have a white cross on their flag.

I'm quite sure both the Georgians and Armenians were using red and white crosses on flags/shields/banners etc long before any of the religious orders were established.

Cheers

p.s Another possible explanation for why Armenian nobility might be carrying shields from religious orders into battle is that many crusader troops fought for the Armenians. It's not unfeasible that a few would of settled, and in time, become Armenian nobility.
    Last edited by AlphaDelta; March 17, 2007 at 06:58 AM.
    "I don't want to sit around Windsor because ermm .. I just generally don't like England that much" - Prince Harry, 3rd in Line for the British Thrown

For King or Country - The English civil wars.

i dunno if u've been told already, but, i'd say the rajput states provinces need to be extended upwards a bit more. The rajputs were (and still are) from a state called Rajasthan, and that is a bit more North than where u've put it In fact, they should be directly at the border of the Sultanat. Also, the Delhi Sultanate should include the city of delhi in their territory from the get-go. I know that the map u posted at the start wasn't _exactly_ what ur gonna do... but this is just a heads up.

by the way... looking to add some pieces to my future portfolio, so i'd be happy to help (im helping the ilsmarien wars aswell).... sent ya the PM...

edit: by the way... r u planning to add new speeches? it'd be nice to hear the muslims screaming "allah-u-akbar" as they charge instead of "charge!" and small stuff like that

oh and look forward to seeing this mod in alll its glory!
    Last edited by PartyElite; March 17, 2007 at 08:25 AM.

Now that looks like an Armenian Nakharar. Simply fantastic.

P.S. They do look like they are going to bust some Seljuk heads.

P.S.S. Davinci replied:
    They can take our descriptions, and just modify it a bit to make it their own text ... and then they should just note it in their credits-list, that some text-material of these units is based of Chiv's unit descriptions etc. whatever.
    So I take it you can use Chivalry's unit descriptions.
    Last edited by Drtad; March 17, 2007 at 09:21 AM.
    Under the patronage of John I Tzimisces

Tadzreuli's Avatar Chevalier Blanche

could u put on the Georgian shield st. George simbol, as we knows, st. George are protector saint of Georgian. here is st. George simbol from Georgian icon:

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaDelta View Post
    I think they're about ready to bust some Seljuk heads.

Cheers

Now THAT looks awsome. They look absolutely dangerous!!

Ok I'm updating the progress for armenia.

Could some of you Aremnian dudes make us a proper faction symbol? We'd appreciate it.

i dunno if u've been told already, but, i'd say the rajput states provinces need to be extended upwards a bit more. The rajputs were (and still are) from a state called Rajasthan, and that is a bit more North than where u've put it In fact, they should be directly at the border of the Sultanat. Also, the Delhi Sultanate should include the city of delhi in their territory from the get-go. I know that the map u posted at the start wasn't _exactly_ what ur gonna do... but this is just a heads up.

by the way... looking to add some pieces to my future portfolio, so i'd be happy to help (im helping the ilsmarien wars aswell).... sent ya the PM...

edit: by the way... r u planning to add new speeches? it'd be nice to hear the muslims screaming "allah-u-akbar" as they charge instead of "charge!" and small stuff like that

oh and look forward to seeing this mod in alll its glory!
    The map on the first page is VERY rough. But I will reduce the size of the Rajput states for gameplay reasons. Technically ALL the lands in India will be under Rajput hindus, just some will be as 'rebels'.

I don't think we have the quality resources to try to create new sounds. And its well beyond the scope of this project. Even the Rajputs is streching it, I will basically have to code so that the sounds are off and unforunately the Rajputs will have Muslim culture architecture.

John I Tzimisces's Avatar Get born again.

Absolutely Fantastic!

(Quick note, the first king of cilicia, as in de jure as well as de facto, was a [founding?] member of the teutonic order. It's been theorized, I think, that the splayed fish-tail cross of the armenians ultimately became the symbol of the order)

Ideally, the faction symbol would be the red lion we've seen before earlier in this thread (armenian soldier guy getting hit with a shovel).

However, this one could be used as well. (more stylistic, if we use this we should modify it in someway, it is from another game)

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by John I Tzimisces View Post
    Absolutely Fantastic!

(Quick note, the first king of cilicia, as in de jure as well as de facto, was a [founding?] member of the teutonic order. It's been theorized, I think, that the splayed fish-tail cross of the armenians ultimately became the symbol of the order)

Ideally, the faction symbol would be the red lion we've seen before earlier in this thread (armenian soldier guy getting hit with a shovel).

However, this one could be used as well. (more stylistic, if we use this we should modify it in someway, it is from another game)
    I think we should use the one in the picture (shovel + head) because the symbols should preferably have a simple and crisp color composition.

Indefinitely Banned

Okay guys, I've got a new feature for this mod I'd like to mention to you all.

I'm going to have "Area of Recruitment" system implemented in this mod. The AOR system will be very easy to make as its similar to how it worked in RTW.

Basically every faction will have a set of "home regions" that they can recruit their entire units roster from. But once they conquer a land outside their "home regions" they will be to only recruit "occupation units", basically their lowest level units. The composition of "occupation units" will vary from faction to faction, so Turks will get to spit out horse archer units in "occupation regions" to represent their nomadic nature.

This will make the game a lot more challenging and fun. So if you've got an army battling in far away from your "home regions" you will feel much more wary of throwing your medium and elite units lives away.

Zenith Darksea's Avatar Ορθοδοξία ή θάνατος!

Very impressive mod indeed! It's about time someone looked at this area of the world in more depth.

I have a question about some of the Armenian soldiers' shields. Did they really have icons painted on them? I honestly don't know anything about this subject, but I find it interesting because, as an Orthodox myself, I find the idea of painting icons onto shields quite odd. After all, an icon takes a long time to paint and I wouldn't imagine that devout Orthodox would want battleaxes smashing into one.

Oh, and I noticed some oddities in the spelling of the Greek cities (from what I've seen). For example, is it really right to refer to the Greek city 'Trapezous' as 'Trabzan', especially when it was still under Byzantine control at the start of the mod?

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith Darksea View Post
    Very impressive mod indeed! It's about time someone looked at this area of the world in more depth.

I have a question about some of the Armenian soldiers' shields. Did they really have icons painted on them? I honestly don't know anything about this subject, but I find it interesting because, as an Orthodox myself, I find the idea of painting icons onto shields quite odd. After all, an icon takes a long time to paint and I wouldn't imagine that devout Orthodox would want battleaxes smashing into one.

Oh, and I noticed some oddities in the spelling of the Greek cities (from what I've seen). For example, is it really right to refer to the Greek city 'Trapezous' as 'Trabzan', especially when it was still under Byzantine control at the start of the mod?
    Thanks for the interest.

Yeah I changed the name for Trabzan to "Trebizond". I was using a modern map so its something that kind of slipped by me. Which is better "Trebizond" or "Trapezous" ?

John I Tzimisces's Avatar Get born again.

Trabzon is going to be changed.

As for icons, it does seem a little doubtful, however from a stylistic approach, it at least looks neat-o. I suppose we should keep them until we find a more pertinant shield design.

Or what mirage said.

therussian's Avatar Use your imagination

By the way, I think you should also add the city of Shamakhi to the Azerbaijan region. Right up until the beginning of the mod, it was the capital city of the Shirvan dynasty.

House of the Caesars | Under the Patronage of Comrade Trance Crusader. Proud Patron of Comrades Shadow_Imperator, Zenith Darksea, Final Frontier and Plutarch | Second Generation| ex-Eagle Standard Editor| Consilium de Civitate | Album Reviews

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bulgaroctonus View Post
    By the way, I think you should also add the city of Shamakhi to the Azerbaijan region. Right up until the beginning of the mod, it was the capital city of the Shirvan dynasty.
    Hmm, I added a city called "Shirvan", i'm guessing thats wrong? I could easily change it to Shamakhi.

therussian's Avatar Use your imagination

They're two completely different cities.

House of the Caesars | Under the Patronage of Comrade Trance Crusader. Proud Patron of Comrades Shadow_Imperator, Zenith Darksea, Final Frontier and Plutarch | Second Generation| ex-Eagle Standard Editor| Consilium de Civitate | Album Reviews

The Mongol's Avatar Primicerius

This mod sure is coming along, good work guys.

AlphaDelta is a machine!