Page 1 of 32 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: [ORIGINAL THREAD] BROKEN CRESCENT: Total War in the MidEast

Indefinitely Banned

Icon2 [ORIGINAL THREAD] BROKEN CRESCENT: Total War in the MidEast

FEATURES
    - Over 215 brand new units for spanning all the new and old factions.
    - Brand new campaign map spanning from Anatolia to India
    - 6 new Muslim factions and 3 new Christian factions.
    - 1170AD to 1400 AD. From the rise of Saladin to the coming of the Timurids.
    - 2 turns per year campaign
    - Religions are Islam, Orthodox, Catholicism, Hinduism, Paganism and Heresy.
    - AOR system featuring ethnic/regional zones of recruit for every unit.
    - Massive and graceful cavalry battles featuring new styles of horse archery & tactics Ghulam warriors.
    - New styles of infantry warfare from the hastati-like Daylami to the vicious warbands of Afghanistan.
    - Revamped recruitment structure and costs - elite units will be truly elite and rare.
    - Castle VS City constrasts increased creating new strategic implications.
    - Many, many types of mercenaries available for recruitment through the map.

CAMPAIGN MAP

The game world will span from Constantinople and Egypt all the way east to Afghanistan and Northern India.

FACTIONS

[Muslim]
    - The Ayyubid Sultanate:
    Your first faction leader will be Saladin, historically representing Egypt after he seized it.

- The Abbasid Caliphate:
    Represents the Caliphate under An-Nasir, the first and last strong and independent Caliph that overthrew the Seljuks

- The Great Seljuks:
    Represents the nomadic turkish empire that took over the mid-east but will be very large and unweildy at first (like the Seleucids from RTR)

- The Turkish Sultanate
    They are the Turks of Anatolia, from the Rum Turks all the way down to the Ottomans, I expect them to be a clone of current vanilla Turks.

- The Khwarezm Shah
    They are the ascendant Persian kingdom starting in northern Iran. They will be a very important faction and the centerpiece of the this mod.

- The Sultanate of Ghazni
    They are basically the Afghan/Turkish faction that was based in the valleys of Afghanistan.

- The Ghorid Sultante
    They are the Afghan faction that will begin north of Ghazni and whose main objective is the invasion of India.

- The Kypchak Confederacy
    They are the Muslim faction of the far north. They will basically be a hybrid of mongols and turks and have mainly cavalry units.

[Christian]
    - The Byzantine Empire
    Basically a clone of the vanilla one

- The Kingdom of Jersalem
    Represents the latin crusaders kingdom that will start completely surrounded by Egypt under Saladin.

- The Kingdom of Armenia
    Basically Cilician Armenia, will start with Adana.

- The Kingdom of Georgia
    They will start at the Caucusus with Tbilisi, freshly independent from Seljuk rule.

[Emergent]

- The Mongol Empire
    The same as the vanilla except worse. They will spawn north of Samarkand and will come in more than 6 stacks. They will be very very tough and will be worst for the Khwarezm. This will be softened by the fact that the faction has plenty of lands in India, south Persia, and the Caucusus to fall back on.

- The Timurids
    The same as thye vanilla except not as bad. They will spawn in the middle of Persia and will have 2 or 3 stacks at most. But will have a super duper general named - you guessed it - Timur the Lame.

[Hindu]

- The Rajput States
    They will start south of the Sultanate of Delhi and will be a formidable faction to that will seek to retake India from the invading Muslims. Will have their own Hindu priests too.
    Last edited by Miraj; August 29, 2007 at 09:07 PM.

Default Re: [New Mod] BROKEN CRESCENT: Total War in the Middle East

Looks pretty interesting. Cant wait to play the romans, and conquer those islamic scum Question though, i thought the romans were greek orthodox not christian? -Leon

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by invictus View Post
    Looks pretty interesting. Cant wait to play the romans, and conquer those islamic scum Question though, i thought the romans were greek orthodox not christian? -Leon
    I'm condensing the Christians into one sect since I don't want the Kingdom of Jerusalem fighting Armenia.

awesome! finally a mod on the middle east.

but I have a few suggestions:
    - saladin's center was in syria (damascus), so you should put his capital in syria, or make him start in syria and have to conquer egypt.

- you should extend the map to the west a bit, just to give the byzantines and maybe hungarians the needed depth to survive the islamic attacks until late game.

- the victory conditions should be to control the cities of constantinople, jerusalem, baghdad, and maybe mecca.

- you shold script three crusade 'waves'. the first should be the third crusade (led by the barbarossa, richard, and phillip), which will spawn in acre when jerusalem is captured. the second should be the fourth crusade, which will spawn at constantnople at a given date, and fight the byzantines. the last should be the french attacks against egypt.

- the turks should be represented only by the sultanate of rum, no seljuk empire as it had already collapsed by 1175. if you will extend the end date you might want to have the ottomans as a powerfull emerging faction.
    "Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone, you may still exist, but you have ceased to live." - Mark Twain

"I am against nature. I don't dig nature at all. I think nature is very unnatural. I think the truly natural things are dreams, which nature can't touch with decay." - Bob Dylan

"Faith in God means believing, absolutely, in something with no proof whatsoever. Faith in humanity means believing, absolutely, in something with a huge amount of proof to the contrary. WE are the true believers." - Joss Whedon

John I Tzimisces's Avatar Get born again.

Well, Cilicia did war with the other Crusader states...and Byzantium...and allied with the Pagan Mongols at one point...

Tadzreuli's Avatar Chevalier Blanche

@- ***The Kingdom of Georgia *** [CONDITIONAL]
    They will start at the Caucusus with Tbilisi, freshly independent from Seljuk rule. ***I can include them only if someone is willing to help out.

GREAT !

I help u for Georgia... I have a lot of information, unit list and some my pics about units....

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Your Lame Sister View Post
    awesome! finally a mod on the middle east.
    Thanks for the response!

Just for the record I want to state that this is not a purely historical mod. I am taking some clear and obvious liberties with history for the sake of gameplay and having as many mid-east factions as possible.

- saladin's center was in syria (damascus), so you should put his center in syria, or make him start in syria and have to conquer egypt.
    True. But by 1175 he had changed HQs to egypt. I am staying clear of having factions named after minor dynasties. I'm starting the game with Saladin after he conquered egypt. I just felt that Saladin in Damascus alone would result in the K.of Jerusalem taking over Egypt and after all this is mod centred on the Muslim/Mideast factions.

- you should extend the map to the west a bit, just to give the byzantines and maybe hungarians the needed depth to survive the islamic attacks until late game.
    You're right, but unfortunatley I'm so far into the map making progress that I just can't. I also didn't want to include any mainland Europe factions since I'm defining the limits of this project very tightly. I will make Constantinople a VERY rich area thought and the Byzantines will have Armenians and Georgians as buddies so I think I will end up having a problem with the Turks getting swallowed instead of the other way.

- the victory conditions should be to control the cities of constantinople, jerusalem, baghdad, and maybe mecca.
    Victory Conditions will be like you said for SOME factions. The eastern factions will have a victory conditions more centred on conquering India, Persia and Central Asia.

- you shold script three crusade 'waves'. the first should the third crusade (led by the barbarossa, richard, and phillip), which will spawn in acre when jerusalem is captured. the second should be the fourth crusade, which will spawn at constantnople at a given date, and fight the byzantines. the last should be the french attacks against egypt.
    Thats exactly the plan. All depending on the versatility of scripting in M2TW.

- the turks should be represented only y the sultanate of rum, no seljuk empire as it had already collapsed by 1175. if you will extend the end date you might want to have the ottomans as a powerfull emerging faction.
    Like I said above this is not purely historical mod. So I'm leaving in the Seljuks as very large but weak and vulnerable factions. The "Turkish Sultanate" represents the Rum Turks and the Ottomans. The Seljuks will have only tribal units and no jannisaries. I will balance the game to make the screwed by the Abbasids and Khwarezm early on.

-----------------

Quote Originally Posted by Tadzreuli View Post
    @- ***The Kingdom of Georgia *** [CONDITIONAL]
    They will start at the Caucusus with Tbilisi, freshly independent from Seljuk rule. ***I can include them only if someone is willing to help out.

GREAT !

I help u for Georgia... I have a lot of information, unit list and some my pics about units....
    Really? THANK YOU!

I really want Georgia in this mod and anything helps. Give me a PM if you want to join the team and head historical research for georgia. I will definitely need pics of what banners and flags I should have for them.

Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by John I Tzimisces View Post
    Well, Cilicia did war with the other Crusader states...and Byzantium...and allied with the Pagan Mongols at one point...
    If Armenia is succesfully included I will definitely mod them to be the most aggressive Christian faction, fully playable. So perhaps I will tweak their diplomacy to match history.
    Last edited by Miraj; March 08, 2007 at 12:52 AM.

Indefinitely Banned

- please delete -

Plutarch's Avatar Civitate

mod looks like its on a great start, with a good foundation.

Under the Patronage of Bulgaroctonus

Looking good.

Quote Originally Posted by invictus View Post
    I can't wait to kick some Roman ass with my Horse Archers.
    Last edited by Janissary; March 08, 2007 at 01:54 AM.
    The law is reason free from passion - Aristotle.

The end does NOT justify the means.

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Janissary View Post
    Looking good.

I can't wait to kick some Roman ass with my Horse Archers.

No need to fight guys. This mod will have enough space for everybody.

But thanks for reminding me Janissary. This mod will also feature massive cavalry battles. I'm planning to have colorful and diverse selection mercenary horse archers of all tribes in and around Persia. So expect massive horse archer VS horse archer battles. It'll be tough. Plenty of practice before for the mongols.

pajomife's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Could you show the provinces? the map is nice but has don´t have cities we cant have any idea of the sise.

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by pajomife@iol.pt View Post
    Could you show the provinces? the map is nice but has don´t have cities we cant have any idea of the sise.
    Sorry about that. I haven't really gotten to the provinces and cities yet. I'm still working on the finishing up the ground and climate for the east side of the map. So sorry. I'll post it once all th regions have been decided, which I need to consult historians with first.

To give you an idea of what size my map is i'll compare the regions file size with vanilla and bigmap mod:

VANILLA MAP: 295X189 pixels
    BROKEN CRESCENT: 420X273 pixels
    BIGMAP MOD: 510X337 pixels

So my map will be much bigger than the Vanilla yet smaller than Bigmap mod.

Centenarius

Default Re: [New Mod] BROKEN CRESCENT: Total War in the MidEast

good luck with ur mod! looks great, i will enjoy killing the muslims!

This looks like the best mod in mankind's history!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Original Creator of Renaissance Total War (MTW2)
    Creator of Medieval Classic (MTW2)
    Maker of Instant Tech Mod (ETW)
    Maker of Infinite Money Campaign (ETW)
    Maker of Blockbuster Music Mod (ETW):
    http://www.2shared.com/file/5209733/...Music_Mod.html
    A Top Contributor of the Downloads Section
    Under the Patronage of Selenius4tsd

The Mongol's Avatar Primicerius

Finally, something concentrating on the Middle-East. I was getting sick of Europe for a while there, I have to play Eastern factions in MTW2 or I'll tear my hair out. I can't wait too see an improved Egypt, their roster in MTW2 is bland.

These are the kinds of mods I'd love to help and work on but I have no experience at all.

I really hope this mod does well, good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by mirage41 View Post
    No need to fight guys. This mod will have enough space for everybody.

But thanks for reminding me Janissary. This mod will also feature massive cavalry battles. I'm planning to have colorful and diverse selection mercenary horse archers of all tribes in and around Persia. So expect massive horse archer VS horse archer battles. It'll be tough. Plenty of practice before for the mongols.
    Please improve the infantry some more of the Muslim factions! It is bs that Egypt didn't field good infantry besides Tabadiriya. What about dismounting Qapukulo's and giving them the same fighting style and spirit of the Hashashims? But make sure the dismounted Qapukulo's are armoured or they look like crap.
    The law is reason free from passion - Aristotle.

The end does NOT justify the means.

Titus's Avatar Ordinarius

Looks good, map is nice Ill be watching this one good luck!

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Janissary View Post
    Please improve the infantry some more of the Muslim factions! It is bs that Egypt didn't field good infantry besides Tabadiriya. What about dismounting Qapukulo's and giving them the same fighting style and spirit of the Hashashims? But make sure the dismounted Qapukulo's are armoured or they look like crap.
    Yeah, Egypt will get a definite booster in the HI department. But most factions will have a strong selection of cavalry and local mercenary tribesmen and such as auxilia infantry. Thats how warfare worked in the mideast at this time.

I will also hopefully add many good attack infantry in the Afghan region. They will be similar to barbarian units from RTW, basically tribal warriors that will carve their way through enemy ranks. They will be both mercs and recruitable by some factions.

Of course the most important things is I need skinners!

Looks awesome! Eastern warfare was always different and this mod should be able to express it correctly. I like the idea of mercenaries being an abundant source of soldiers. Good luck on your mod! You've got my support!

Page 1 of 32 123456789101126 ... LastLast