Thread: Arctic Climate?

Default Arctic Climate?

Is there a climate which has permanent snow? Or if not is it possible to make one?

EDIT: I checked through the files and there wasn't one, so i made one =) . It works fine so far, and it uses the alpine battle vegetation mostly.
    Last edited by y_sephiroth; March 07, 2007 at 03:32 PM.

Default Re: Arctic Climate?

Whoa, how did you do it? I need a climate for the north and south poles.

Here are the files, they all go in the data folder. The colour for arctic (permanent snow) is 121 245 121 in map_climates.tga

You can look through the files for anything under 'arctic', those were probably added by me, if you want to see what i changed

Wow, thanks man. This really helps me out!

Ok, after extensive testing i found that to get the new climate to generate a battle map is seriously difficult, so i just ended up changing the alpine climate to permanent snow. To do that on the campaign map is easy, and if you're feeling ambitious you can change the battlefield\alpine .texture files for battle map snow. I'm sort of half way through this atm, i'll post my files when/if i finish this.

If anyone knows how exactly to make new climates generate a battle map pm me or post or something.