Thread: i love this mod in theory but..

Default i love this mod in theory but..

the idea that a king can be crowned and nobles and family members might turn against him is brilliant but it just doesnt feel right.

im playin as scotland and i have a king who is mad and has "offended the nobles". the other 3 family members arent very happy about this and dont want him to be king. this is a big reason why i tryed this mod as it adds a new dimension which is great.

the solution is to just send him, or any other disloyal general out on their own to be killed problem solved but its just to easy and unrealistic to do this. i think maybe there should be some severe penalty if the king dies in battle so it would make u think twice about takin the easy option.

just kickin some ideas around thats all, any thoughts?

ZaPPPa's Avatar RTR co-daddy

Default Re: i love this mod in theory but..

The solution is called 'Willpower'... The willpower to play each general realisticly.

You can, however, move him to govern some remote region or give him an ample army and let him crush as many enemies as you can find. If you're lucky he'll get himself killed or he'll rebel somwhere deep in enemy territory.

(Mind you, I haven't had a general rebel on me yet, so I don't know if the game/mod mechanics allow for this)

Yes, as Zappa said, the answer is called "house rules" -- play each general as they would act.....no general is going to go on a suicide mission......unless they have extreme loyalty.

House rules are a good thing.....if you can take it!

yeah thats the way il play it. the problem is that i wanna try this mod in a MP campaign with a friend and i dont trust him 1 little bit to stick to house rules such as these. not much can be done about that i guess

so ive got 2 family members who have turned against the king. im tryin to role play as much as possible but how are other people dealing with this problem? my idea was to send them of to foreign shores with an army to conquer but their moverment rates are crippled. i can move them 1 space from the castle and onto boats but the boats will only move 3 spaces a turn.

why do their movement rates suffer and what do i do with them?

Suspect the intention was to have such a general stuck in their current city, resulting in the city revolting against you when its governor rebels. But, as currently implemented, the general has 1 movement point, and you have a turn to move him out of the city so the city's unrest returns to manageable levels.

full credit to the guys who made this mod as it does feel a lot more immersive.

so what are other people doin with these disloyal generals? dont know if i agree with restrictin then to settlements as it doesnt give u many options to avoid a revolt.

guess im just fishin around to see how others are dealin with this without using gamey tactics like sendin them on suicide mssions for example

I for myself let them build forts, so they don't rebel. After that I give all possible positive tokens, legendary swords and banners to my king. After that most of them are loyal again.

wouldnt strippin all titles and banners from the disloyal generals make them even more annoyed? the only way to avoid revolts once generals turn is to send a loyal family member to babysit them so in effect all this feature is doin is tying down more generals!

how bout this for an idea. the more command stars a characters gets the bigger the chance he moght turn against the king, depending on the king of course. this way u could have a couple of full stacks campaigning who decide to rebel with their armies.

this offends the nobility and rebeling generals goes too far imo. cause the generals can rebel and the king cant simply execute them. thats not realistic. there should be a chance that a rebeling genereal gets executed.

and it fits to the topic: how am i supposed to win this mod? playing as turks vh/n, my armyupkeep grinds my buildingqueue to a complete halt, but byzantine has MUCHMUCHMUCH more and seems unbeatable. all i can do now i attack my ally the mameluks, who is nearly as strong as i or cheat some money. any advice?
    i also noticed that NO wars at all are on. only between catholic and moors/mameluks cause of crusades.
    Last edited by hoek; March 09, 2007 at 10:39 AM.

yeah its handled in a very blunt manner but its hard to see what else can be done within the games capabilities. the games only been out for a few months though so its early days as far as mods go.

mrcrusty's Avatar Primicerius

if only you could assassinate your own generals again...