Thread: Modyfing HoI 2 Doomsday

Cha0sMarin3's Avatar Semisalis

Default Modyfing HoI 2 Doomsday

I am trying to make a small conversion for HoI 2 Doomsday wich gives Austria the territory it held in 1914 ( I know there is a WW1 mod, but the only thing i want to change is to put Austria in its 1914 situation), and having cores on all these territories (so full Cezchoslovakia, parts of Yugoslavia and Poland and Transylvanna, and Hungary, or Hungary as a puppet but remember, Austria and Hungary shared their militaries).
    I have no concrete ideas how to do this. I have little experience modding Paradox games and a bit of overal modding experience. So my question to you is ; What files and what part of these files will I have to modify to give a nation cores on a territory and to have these nations control these territories.

I hope you can help me out,
    - Chaos

P.S. To any admin who thinks this thread doesnt belong in this subforum ; it does. Hearts of Iron is from the same developer as Europa Universalis, they are like sequels to eachother and should belong in the same subforum. Just leave this in here please, and change the forum name to Paradox games or something like that . But this topic isnt ment for the discussion of this, so please keep it to my question here.

Default Re: Modyfing HoI 2 Doomsday

Nothing's as simple as that. Just start up a normal game. Hit the F12 key, opening the console. Type showid and enter. If you move the mouse over a province now, in the corner the game will now show the id of the province. Note down all the provinces you want to give to Austria.
    Then go to \Doomsday\scenarios\1936. First open hungary.inc and delete all the ids in the lines nationalprovinces and ownedprovinces, but keep the brackets! It should look this way now:
    ownedprovinces = { }
    controlledprovinces = { }
    Hungary now should exist no more in the game. The game won't start at this moment though, as Hungary's provinces have no owner.
    Open czh_36.inc and do the same for Czechoslovakia.

These two should be the only countries you'll have to delete fully. For the other countries (Poland, Romania, Yugoslavia, Italy), just delete the province ids that you want to give to Austria.

Now open aut_36.inc and write (or copy) all those ids into nationalprovinces, ownedprovinces and controlledprovinces. It should work with no problems.

All this could also be done by event, so you could do a little story with different probable outcomes.

You now might also want to edit the tech teams and the generals. You'll find the leaders in \Doomsday\db\leaders. Cut and paste all Magyar Generals to Austria e.g. And you can give your generals better stats if you want.
    The same for \Doomsday\db\tech\teams.

Good Luck.

Cha0sMarin3's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Modyfing HoI 2 Doomsday

It all worked out, easy as that . I expected it to be much harder actually.

Thanks for the help!