Thread: Problems getting Crown?

Default Problems getting Crown?

Perhaps I'm not doing something correctly but I have my newly appointed faction leader in my Capitol (London) and he hasn't been crowned.

Im going to assume its because Ihave too many titles, but I dont know how to remove them
    Last edited by Kataki; March 06, 2007 at 12:20 AM.

Civis

Default Re: Problems getting Crown?

Drag and drop them to another family member or general.

For further explanation: They have to either be in the same city/castle or the same army to do so. Then Right Click on the family member whose traits you want to -remove- and click on the specified trait, then drag said trait over the portrait of the family member you want to have the trait.

"I am what the Gods have made me!"

Thanks for the help!

can i say who should become the crown... who is the prince... i had a prince but i didnt want him so i had zo let him kill to get another one as prince... is it possible to choose one ?

Quote Originally Posted by cyruzthaviruz View Post
    can i say who should become the crown... who is the prince... i had a prince but i didnt want him so i had zo let him kill to get another one as prince... is it possible to choose one ?
    We all would love that. It's probably one of the most oft requested changes asked of CA. It's part of the Core program code that can't be modded. I think it was a huge mistake on CA's part to take this away (it was in RTW)...particularly because the process it uses to select the next heir is so dumb...

Cheers! dd

aah ok thx o only knew that such option was already there... but i forgot it was in RTW and not MTW ^^

Indeed, it was very stupid to remove this from the game. Is thier anyway you can make somoene with the trait "Of *insertfactionhere* Blood" priority for the crown? I had an adopted disloyal son become the hier rather than my highly loyal blood son whom was born after the adopted one.

I think he means the crown of charlamagne, spelled it wrong I know, I tried to hand it off to my faction hier as the king grew older but no luck. They were in the same army when he died but the crown still did not pass on to the heir.
    Last edited by artmiser; March 07, 2007 at 08:57 PM.

Just handing the crown to your son before you die isn't enough. There's a coronation when a new King comes to throne, which requires being in the city. This simulates that.

Exactly, Premaximum.

Some ancillaries can be transferred (drag and drop from one character to another in the same stack). I have modded DLV such that the vast majority of ancs are in fact transferable.

However, the crown is not transferable...for the Player only, the (new) faction leader must end his turn in the original capitol to receive the crown.

Cheers! dd

Well if anyone else didnt think of this as an option you can roleplay assassinations of those troublesome generals

Basically I recruit an assassin and send him to whatever general you want dead. Then, should you deem the attemp a sucess, move the character out to an enemy army they have no choice to beat. Sounds lame but just role play it as an assassination.

Use the following commands

"Show_cursorstat" to show the X,Y info then type "move_character Barnaby 446, 124 (put your charcter name in place of barnaby, without titles, and your cursor x,y pos.) and you have the mysterious death of Barnaby the insane, disloyal hier to the throne

to topic, have i to crown my heir manually? drag and drop the crown in some way? or has the heir only be in the capital like it is said in the mod description?

cause im trying this mod playing as turks. i had my heir in the capital AFTER the death of my king, thought that my heir gets crowned, but nada. now the turk crown has dissapeared and all sultans that followed offend the nobles. is there any way to edit this damnit piece of metal back in my game?

Libertus

I suffer from the same problem, the first heir received the crown, but the current (second heir which is now the king) didn't receive it after spending a turn in my capitol (London).
    what to do? he only received the Pavy Seal.
    Last edited by medvednic; March 09, 2007 at 11:24 AM.

read up^

You have to get ride of some of his other traits by transfering them to another character most likely.

Some ancillaries can be transferred (drag and drop from one character to another in the same stack). I have modded DLV such that the vast majority of ancs are in fact transferable.
    Your king probably had too many ancillaries and couldnt get the crown, limitation of the game. Samething I did and I have been suffering civil war because of it If you have a save before you offended the nobels definetly load it up because Civil war is very costly.

Libertus

Thanks! thats worked!
    btw what is the maximum ancillaries per general?

Quote Originally Posted by medvednic View Post
    Thanks! thats worked!
    btw what is the maximum ancillaries per general?
    Eight, friend. It's a very severe limitation, especially when a mod puts so many amazing ancillaries into the game. I wish it could be expanded.

Libertus

Bummer... I hope that we will find a way to increase or even cancel that limit.
    btw, I have a question regarding the region ancillaries: if a no one receives city's banner, does it make the city revolt or lowers happiness?

Not that I've experienced, no. To the best of my knowledge, the city titles just help govern the city. Now, if it gives something like a decrease to unrest or something, then you're better off with it than you are without. However, not getting them isn't going to have reciprocal negative effects.

Libertus

Thanks for the answer.