Ok so I started a grand campaign playing as Spain. My initial strategy was to wipe out Portugal and the Moors and consolidate the Iberian Penisula then sail 3 heavily armed, professional armies across the Med, 1 Army to Antioch (take and hold, defend against enemies coming from North), 1 to Alexandria (take and hold, defend against armies coming from Tunis) and the third army I sent to Gaza (slow campaign taking every city from Gaza to Damascas). I thought it was a good strategy, but it all fell apart when all 3 of my armies were anihilated by the Mongols, who had already been consolidating that area. All 3 armies were identical each had, 6 units of Sword and Buckler, 6 units of Pavise Crossbowmen, 2 Generals Bodyguard, 3 Chivalric Knights and 3 Jinetes. The Mongols destroyed them all without even flinching. I think the best battle I had lost 79% of my army and managed to kill about 50% of the Mongol army, but I still lost. So, I decided to change my strategy, I converted all my castles to cities and began new armies, this time each army had 6 Tercio Pikemen (fully armored from armor factories), 6 Musketeers, 2 Generals Bodyguard and 6 Gendarmes (also fully armored). So I figured these armies should take care of the Mongols and their damn cavalry. My first battle was a disaster. It was fought near Acre so the land was hilly, I placed the Musketeers on a high hill overlooking a valley and the Pikemen I set up with spear wall and guard mode and placed them at the bottom of the hill. The cavalry was behind my Musketeers. The Mongols just flat out charged the spear wall with heavy horse archers, heavy lancers and generals bodyguard and just about slaughtered every last one of my pikemen. While they were advancing up the hill I sent my cavalry down to attack and they ended up slaughtering most of the Mongol army. I won the battle, but obviously at a little too high of a cost, since the army that was left had Musketeers, Heavy Cavalry and no infantry. I guess I have 2 questions really: 1) what the hell do I use to defeat the Mongols? 2) Why did Tercio Pikemen, with fully upgraded armor and weapons and 2 experience points each, and set up in a spear wall, end up being massacred by heavy cavalry? Now granted the Mongol army was lead by a General with full command rating and each unit had 3 silver chevrons each, but still, Pikemen vs. Cavalry, theres no way the cavalry should have won! Any help is appriciated.

Oh and also, I just got attacked by Denmark in Touslouse and they're loaded with those Obudshaer things, what Spanish unit is the most effective for taking those out?

Thanks guys and sorry for the long post