Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Too rich, to fast?

Default Re: Too rich, to fast?

I would have nothing against the AI spawning armies like hell if they weren't just standing around stupidly. I have a few cities where there's about 10 stacks around. And no, it is not really funny to defeat them all.

I already had to lower my unit size setting to normal in order to be able to deal with severel full stack armies in one battle. It does spoil the fun a bit for me.

I do hope there will be another solution for making the AI better than the one recently in the script. This is - as far as I can tell from playing - the greatest mod out yet for MTW2 and it should not be a mere slaughterfeast.

So if there is any way to make things better concerning that point - the rest already seems very perfect and I immensely enjoy playing! - please do it.

+rep for the team.
    From the pride and arrogance of the Romans nothing is sacred. But the vindictive gods are now at hand. On this spot we must either conquer, or die with glory (Boudiccas Speech, Tacitus, Annals, XIV, 35)

under Patronage of Emperor Dimitricus, Granddaughter of the Black Prince.

Tischdecke's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Boudicca View Post
    I would have nothing against the AI spawning armies like hell if they weren't just standing around stupidly.
    i'm usually getting attacked by 20 Full-Stack Armies ...i would love them to stand around and do nothing

Anyway...great mod...looking forward to play a final version

Quote Originally Posted by Tischdecke View Post
    i'm usually getting attacked by 20 Full-Stack Armies ...i would love them to stand around and do nothing

Anyway...great mod...looking forward to play a final version
    Sorry, I should have been more precise: Yes, the AI is also attacking with its stacks and that is well done. But it is also standing around (often around its own cities) - and that's what I dislike.
    From the pride and arrogance of the Romans nothing is sacred. But the vindictive gods are now at hand. On this spot we must either conquer, or die with glory (Boudiccas Speech, Tacitus, Annals, XIV, 35)

under Patronage of Emperor Dimitricus, Granddaughter of the Black Prince.

Valor's Avatar Miles

Ai is making too many stacks, we agree, and most of time send them all against his enemy or, if they are at peace, just let them doing nothing anywhere, that's true. The issue is AI spends more money that they should and the money script makes this circle infinite. But if you delete this script, some factions are just doing nothing because they got bankrupt after building useless stacks ... as you can see this is really something hard to deal with

Cymera's Avatar Roma Invictus

God bless the SEGA controlled CA.

Under the Patronage of the Wise Kara Kolyo in the Hallowed House of Wilpuri
    Proud Patron of the Charming
    Balikedes, an Insightful and Tactful Warrior.

Extended Greek Mod (XGM) Lover ..... A mod by DimeBagHo

"
    The wise are instructed by reason, average minds by
    experience, the stupid by necessity and the brute by instinct
    "

- Marcus Tullius Cicero

Mars Magnus's Avatar Ordinarius

Yes^^
    But not too much^^
    I find it great that the AI is fighting with so MUCH armies^^
    And my Crusades now have finnaly 10 Armies of Crusader and Hospitaler Knights^^-

Each time HRE and B Empire increase^^
    I love this mod in THIS Version!!!!
    SILVIO GESELL & GUSTAV RUHLAND: GREATEST ECONOMISTS!
    STOP EXPLOITING=CAPITALISM= INTEREST SLAVERY!
    In every porduct you buy you pay about 40% interest in the price.
    Debt creates money. Money is created by dept.

MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar Domesticus
    Citizen

Getting rich really fast and having to fight tons of enemy stacks doesn't really suit my playstyle or my system capacities (I've got an old computer that has trouble with two full stacks, alone), so I went through the EDU and doubled the upkeep cost of every single unit. So far, everything seems to be working ok and the AI hasn't killed itself yet. Though, I am finding I can't afford enough garrison in every town to keep them from rioting.

Great mod, btw!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12