Thread: rtw campaign map wrong

Default rtw campaign map wrong

Even at the hight of the roman empire in 117AD the romans did not control the entire regions of libya, Tripolitania and britannia inferior they only owned coastal parts of libya and half of britannia inferior is scotland which was beyond the borders of the empire. However rtw barbarian invasion has corrected the problem of scotland but not of libya. brilliant game but the regions are historicaly incorrect

Default Re: rtw campaign map wrong

a lot of stuff is incorrect historically so dont worry just enjoy the game
    ( i also posted somthing like this regarding alxander addon and got posts like this from twc members so learnt to stay away from such complaints )
    PANI DIYA CHALLAN HOVE TU HOVE MAIN HOVAN
    RIMJHIM JEHI HOI HOVE TU HOVE MAIN HOVAN
    KUJ GALLAN TU KAREIN KUJ GALLAN MEIN KARAN
    SUTTI PAYI HOVE KAYNAT
    ( you and me in the presence of wrinkles of water
    a little rain and you and me
    some words from u some from me
    all the world sleeping(bad translation but still tried my favourite lines))

Primicerius

Complaining about historical accuracy in a Total War game is tantamount ot insanity. Alexander has a point, he did get a big rebuke when he posted about the Alexander add-on. Anyway, CA made tons of historical errors. DO you think that wardogs and Germanic Screeching Women actually existed? ANyway, just a friendly warning. You'll get a much harsher reply from other members.

Wait? Wardogs really don't exist.......
    Tricky Defender

It was meant for a large audience not history fan boys(I'm one to but I get over it)... Besides its the errors that allow the modding community flex its muscles.

The Good's Avatar the Bad and the Ugly

Well, JameiusCeasar does have a point, the provinces are wrong some of the time. I think that Barbarian Invasion corrected most of the Roman Empire's bounderies though.

When I first bought Rome: Total War, I was a history fanboy (and still am ), but I didn't realise how much CA got wrong at the time, then when I downloaded mods like Rome: Total Realism and started lurking on this Total War Center, I got more educated about the Roman times, and realised that CA had a lot wrong!

By the way, I agree that Libya and Tripolitania should mostly be around the coast more, not including most of the Sahara Desert.