Thread: 1.3_D: AI not making gunpowder units!!!

Default 1.3_D: AI not making gunpowder units!!!

Product: 1.3_D (started with 1.3_C and upgraded). No other mods. Not using the Lite Map mod from Border_Reiver.

Observation: It is the late 1300s and no AI civilization is making gunpowder units (no Bombards, no handgunners, etc.) despite having built a full line of gunpowder-related buildings.

History: I started this campaign as the Moors (playing H/H) under 1.3_C and upgraded to 1.3_D around turn 1150AD. AI is playing normally and with the new ladder behaviour I'm having a lot of fun.

However, they aren't making guns. We've had Bombards for 100 years (50 turns) and have never seen gunpowder in an opposing unit. Further, on capturing or spying on cities belonging to the Pope, Milan, Venice, England, the Turks, and the Mongols, I see that they have a full line of armory/gunsmithy buildings finished. When I take their cities I can immediately produce Grand Bombards and Cannon.

I'm done with this campaign - no challenge left and I'm interested in trying Border_Reiver's Map mod.

Anyone seeing the AI use gunpowder normally or should this be called a bug?
    ...and for what glory will they be able to praise me on the day when I am made a knight, if my sword has not been dipped to the hilt in the blood of infidels?
    -Infante Dom Henrique, 1415AD

Default Re: 1.3_D: AI not making gunpowder units!!!

I believe the darth shield fix affected the campaign AI preferation so needs more balance. Will wait for the patch for this.