Thread: MightyMiniMod v2.0 for RTRPE ExRM v3.0

Quinn Inuit's Avatar Artifex

Default MightyMiniMod v2.0 for RTRPE ExRM v3.0

Update: Please ignore this MMM thread in favor of the other, since it has more information in it.

These are all the changes I play with, but didn't want to try to push on people who liked the balance in the old ExRM. (I did include the mercs portion of the rebalancing, but that's because I think it really does enhance gameplay.) Here, it's your choice to install it (or not).

If you do want to install it, make sure you put it into the ExRM data directory so the -mod switch picks it up.

Download link:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/19522057/MMM_v2.0.rar

So, what, exactly, does the MMM do? Glad you asked!

Readme for Quinn Inuit's MightyMiniMod

Here's the short version of what I did:
    Decreased charge stats and increased attack stats for sword cavalry
    Got rid of almost all the 2 hp inf. units, and made sure the remainder were hard to get (Spartans stayed as is). Other units got hp halved and size/cost increased.
    Made all the hoplite and phalanx units = 60 (base size) and increased costs accordingly
    Made certain elite infantry units...well...elite.

Please test this and tell me what you think of the rebalancing, especially my alteration of cav stats.
    Full changelog available with download (it's long)

Special thanks:
    Warmaker, Florin80, and especially The Walrus for helping me work out ideas
    Candel for making a great mod for RTRE
    Candel, LestaT, Marcus Camillus, and the rest of the RTRE team for making a really great port of RTR:G
    LestaT, for putting up that post in the RTR forum all those months ago asking if anyone thought porting RTR to RTW 1.5 was a good idea. Heck yeah, LestaT. Heck yeah.
    My wife, for putting up with all of this.
    Last edited by Quinn Inuit; July 08, 2007 at 09:55 AM. Reason: Closing thread
    RTR Platinum Team Apprentice, RTR VII Team Member, and Extended Realism Mod Team Coordinator. Proud member of House Wilpuri under the patronage of Pannonian

The ExRM forum: come for the mod, stay for the Classical History discussions. Or vice versa.

My writing-related Twitter feed.