Thread: Empire overrun with Leprosy, Pope problems, crusade questions, and rebel concerns in DlV

Libertus

Default Empire overrun with Leprosy, Pope problems, crusade questions, and rebel concerns in DlV

Hey guys,
    I don't know if 2.0 is different, so I apologize if this is already fixed, but I'm noticing some weird things in DLV. (I'm playing 1.9 with France, and I just got past the 1100's, which is the furthest I've ever been. I'm actually fighting nations now, instead of rebels. I've got 11 regions on vh/vh.)
    1) When the Pope dies, isn't the crusade supposed to end?
    I know this happened in vanilla, but now the crusade just keeps going. The pope is mad pissed at me, though the only thing I"m guilty of is being allied with Germany, who is about to get excommunicated. Thing is, I'm also allied with England, who is the very model of faith.
    2) My kingdom is overcome with Leprosy!!!! I've now got 5 generals out of 9 who are lepers, Paris has had 3 or 4 happen inside it. What's the trigger for this?
    My heir got it, until I restarted and moved him out into another city. (Hell with that. I already had 5 lepers). I mean, I like the trait system, but I don't want every general I have to come down with it. (If nothing else, it makes having any bonuses nill, cause Leprosy is a punishing stat disease! (No command with any of these guys).
    3) Crusading armies have a lot of trouble conquering their target, even if there's 4 stacks to one. Then again, maybe they just suck at sieging?
    4) Crusading armies still cost the field army script while on crusade? This seems strange to me; the units are free, so why does it still cost so much money to siege with it? (If you send a crusading army to Cairo, as France, you are f#### when the crusade ends. You are losing massive monies to the field script, *and sieging those pesky egyptian cities*, and even if you take the city, you can't hold it. (Not with any amount of men, generals, ect. Religous difference, distance to capital, and any penalties from your general make it worthless to hold the city, except to sack it). You will lose the city to revolt, and then you have to march your army, or sail it, allllll the way back to France. (And the computer loves sinking your ships with convienent rebel and egyptian navies).
    I think it would make more sense to wave that cost while on crusade. (Or find some way to reduce it? It seems a bit tilted in game balance). If you can't wave the cost for crusading armies, you should write a trait or ancillary that only lasts for the crusade, and gives that army some sort of money bonus. (can you make the units cost negative upkeep, so as to generate money?)
    5) HUGE rebel armies, with units no one should be able to recruit yet, are marching across my lands every turn. (Huge stacks, kill one, next turn there's two, or kill two, and next turn there's two more, on different corners of my empire). My cities are all green and happy, so why the rebels? What triggers that?

That's all I've noticed. AGain if this is new in 2.0, then maybe I'll try that and see how it plays. Just got so long in my French campaign...and France seems really hard to play, at least on vh,vh, which is my preferred difficulty.

I love this mod though! It's my favorite, and I self-modded uai1.3, darth's newest files, siege laddder fix, ect.
    Keep on with the good work guys!

Default Re: Empire overrun with Leprosy, Pope problems, crusade questions, and rebel concerns in DlV

In DLV 1.9\2.0 should be no leprosy, because of Drakkens health system and not that of BBB 1.9
    Better try DLV 2.0
    money bonus for crusades ...noted

repman

BareBonesWars 8.1 for RTW 1.5
    Integration Mod which combines unique strategic challenges due to a 4 Season scripted campaign from 280 BC - 180 AD on several big/small maps and with an ruthless AI on the battlefield.
    Deus lo Vult DLV 6.2 for MTW II Kingdoms
    Norway+Ireland+Flanders+Kiev+Lithuania+Teutonic_Order+Armenia+Crusader+Georgia,1y2t script, army field costs, Ultimate AI 1.6, big map, military career, economic system, age simulation, heraldic system, new factions, garrison script, Crowns + Swords, Trait bugfixer, religion dependent recruiting, ancillary enhancements, darth battle mechanics