Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Game is ruined by Devastation bug.

Default Game is ruined by Devastation bug.

as topic says. my economy system was just totally destroyed by Devastation bug =(

all my cities is suffering devastation penalty without recovering altho i'v cleaned rebels and enemy troops -_-

anyone got same problem?

Civis

Default Re: Game is ruined by Devastation bug.

Yup, I am getting the same problem. Increasing devastation with enemy armies present and then it never reduces once they are gone.

Are you sure that there is no recovering (even very slowly) during 10 years in a row if everybody is gone ?
    Are there more who can confirm this ?

repman

BareBonesWars 8.1 for RTW 1.5
    Integration Mod which combines unique strategic challenges due to a 4 Season scripted campaign from 280 BC - 180 AD on several big/small maps and with an ruthless AI on the battlefield.
    Deus lo Vult DLV 6.2 for MTW II Kingdoms
    Norway+Ireland+Flanders+Kiev+Lithuania+Teutonic_Order+Armenia+Crusader+Georgia,1y2t script, army field costs, Ultimate AI 1.6, big map, military career, economic system, age simulation, heraldic system, new factions, garrison script, Crowns + Swords, Trait bugfixer, religion dependent recruiting, ancillary enhancements, darth battle mechanics

No recovery can come out of missing a housekeeping stage at either end of winter or summer turns. Scripts that mod how end of turn processing goes (like 6 mos turn scripts that age characters correctly) will do this.

Ebullient Princesses! Titles! Bloodlines! Bastard Traitors!
    So much fun in one little BBB package! Get yours today!

Papal_Knight's Avatar Biarchus

Ooops.

Tuitio Fidei et Obsequium Pauperum

first of all, i would like to say that DLV is one of the best mods i've played so far, Great job,

But, I seem to be suffering from this same problem, in my game, about 80 turns so far as Spain, my 2 cities of Oporto and Toledo both have devastation of 1000 since the first few turns when rebels spawned out, I've cleared them since and have watch towers covering almost every area to make sure there are no enemy troops walking ard, but the devastation does not seem to go away too. (I'm now like losing 3000 fl per turn, net income of only like 600fl. and cant expand w/o running into the red due to this)

Is there anything i am supposed to do to clear the devastation? Like making some governor sit ard in town or something? or is it supposed to go away on its own?

Civis

I finally got the devastation in constantinople to start dropping but it took a really really long time and was seemingly sporadic. It seemed like every fourth turn or so a little bit would drop.

Finally, the plague came for three turns and when it was gone so was my 700 per turn devastation. The plague must have triggered some sort of housekeeping with the devastation penalty.

Its not a total game breaker for me at this point, as my economy was up and running before i noticed it, but if it had happened sooner i would be dead.

first time ive really noticed this so is it working by design or what?

so what triggers it is it rebel armies or any army on your land? does bigger armies have a higher penaly or what?
    i have rebel armies popin up all the time and its getin real borin havin to chase them down all the time.

ZaPPPa's Avatar RTR co-daddy

Quick fix suggestion:

Go to the desc_settlement_mechanics.xml file and change:

Code:
          <factor name="SIF_DEVASTATION">
    	 <pip_modifier value="10.0"/>
             <pip_min value="0"/>
             <pip_max value="1000"/>
          </factor>
    It seems that devastation goes down every 4 turns, which is every two years just like in vanilla. Maybe this is hard-coded by accident or even on purpose.

Change either the max value to around 250 or the modifier to 2.5 to get around the same levels as in vanilla. The good news is that you don't even have to restart the campaign. These changes go into effect immediately and work with save games.
    Last edited by ZaPPPa; March 08, 2007 at 07:58 AM.

Ordensritter's Avatar Civis

Devastation works fine!
    First it disappear on the campaign map and some turns later on the settlement details.
    It's maybe a little bit confusing that it disappears on the map earlier than on the settlement details.

It does work, but it is about 4 times as slow to disappear as in the vanilla game. If you have three rebel family members in your regions and your armies are far away, you almost have to restart the game because you'll incurr a 3000 per turn penalty for 4 turns, then 770 or so for another 4 and so on.. It takes forever for the devastation to disappear..

Heck it took less time to rebuild Germany after the war, so I'd say devastation should be gone in about 6 to 8 turns or so (3-4 years).

@zapppa
    thanks for the tip

repman

BareBonesWars 8.1 for RTW 1.5
    Integration Mod which combines unique strategic challenges due to a 4 Season scripted campaign from 280 BC - 180 AD on several big/small maps and with an ruthless AI on the battlefield.
    Deus lo Vult DLV 6.2 for MTW II Kingdoms
    Norway+Ireland+Flanders+Kiev+Lithuania+Teutonic_Order+Armenia+Crusader+Georgia,1y2t script, army field costs, Ultimate AI 1.6, big map, military career, economic system, age simulation, heraldic system, new factions, garrison script, Crowns + Swords, Trait bugfixer, religion dependent recruiting, ancillary enhancements, darth battle mechanics

Quote Originally Posted by ZaPPPa View Post
    It does work, but it is about 4 times as slow to disappear as in the vanilla game. If you have three rebel family members in your regions and your armies are far away, you almost have to restart the game because you'll incurr a 3000 per turn penalty for 4 turns, then 770 or so for another 4 and so on.. It takes forever for the devastation to disappear..

Heck it took less time to rebuild Germany after the war, so I'd say devastation should be gone in about 6 to 8 turns or so (3-4 years).
    Heck why should it take 4 years for most "devastation" to go away? They arent even attacking the city but rather merchants, roads and farms.

i assume there isnt any way to mod it so that large armies cause higher dev and small armies less?

im fed up with devastation takin years to go away. it should start to improve after 1 year or 2 turns.

vanilla total war
    descr_settlement_mechanics
    factor name="SIF_DEVASTATION">
    <pip_modifier value="5.0"/>
    <pip_min value="0"/>
    <pip_max value="1000"/>

the long road
    <factor name="SIF_DEVASTATION">
    <pip_modifier value="1.5"/>

what does the modifier actually change?
    also 2 lines were removed in the long road file from vanilla, what difference does that make?

if someone who has experemented with these settings could shed some light on this that would be great

Marku's Avatar Domesticus

ive had this problem with byzantine all day, all my money disappearing mysteriously. egypt and the turks are kicking my ass because of this bug

"It's not always possible to do what we want to do, but it's important to believe in something before you actually do it"

Quote Originally Posted by repman View Post
    Are you sure that there is no recovering (even very slowly) during 10 years in a row if everybody is gone ?
    Are there more who can confirm this ?

repman
    within 10 years another 2 full stacks of rebels have popped up on my campaign. The game is virtually impossible. The longer you play the more in debt yout get.

The money system seems to be screwed in this mod. My fiancial report says im making 4k profit a turn, yet im going more and more in debt. I make 20k a turn money and loose 13k to 'corrupttion and other' It pretty muchs means i cant have any army because i have no money, so the rebels just get bigger and bigger. Ive not advanced passed about 15 settlements in this game yet, and getting very furstrating

not to mention the fatc i have 14(!) heretics in england alone in my current campaign, my preists have no chance!

The profit you make per turn does not take into account the buildings you build, the units you train and (I believe) the field scripts. Late into the building tree the buildings get really expensive and if you finish four buildings in the same turn, the money you spend on the construction of the next buildings in the queue will be taken out of your treasury all at once.

You also realize that having armies roaming around is very expensive in DLV, right? Especially family members cost a lot of money to keep in the field not to mention having them put a city under siege!. Also, four spies running around enemy territory will cost you 2000 p/t, so unless you absolutely have to, keep them inside your borders and keep your armies inside your cities or in forts.

All in all a clean 4K profit will turn into a nasty 8K loss easily if you're not careful.

You need to build up your treasury to at least 50K before you go to war and only siege one, maybe two cities (at the max!) at a time. Remember, this is not the vanilla-blitzkrieg we have all become used to.
    Last edited by ZaPPPa; March 09, 2007 at 01:57 PM.

any chance of gettin a response to my question zappa in regards to moddin the settlement xml file as u mentioned it above?

cheers

Sure.

My official answer is: don't know...

I think if you remove the max line, there will not be a maximum limit, which means that if you don't remove rebels, they can devastate you right into bankruptcy.
    My guess is that the modifier adjusts the rate at which devastation goes up and down. So, if you feel you need some extra time to round up those rebels, lower the modifier. If you want a lower maximum, lower the max value.

I haven't done any tests myself, but it is fairly easy to test. So, if anyone feels like it, please do and post the results somewhere.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast