Thread: Hungary a tough faction to play as

Default Hungary a tough faction to play as

I kind of think so. They're sandwiched between the ever-aggressive HRE, and the powerful Byzantine Empire. Poland is typically quite passive unless provoked, but the fact of the matter is they are surrounded by powerful rivals with a relatively weak early unit roster. Without a doubt though, their saving grace is their agile and deadly horse archers.

Edit: Oops, I meant to post this in the M2TW general discussion section. It's not a Darth mod specific topic.
    Last edited by Venom; March 04, 2007 at 12:49 AM.

Default Re: Hungary a tough faction to play as

At the early beginning ally with Poland, Venice and optionally Turks. Expand only to the south to leave Poland friendly. Have a big garrison on the west border and focus on fighting Byzantines. There should soon be war between Poland and HRE. Poland pretty often allies with Denmark, so theres a possiblity they crush HRE. After destroying Byzantines garrison Constantinopole with 20 best units to prevent Turks from attacking. Then pick on HRE. They should be weak already. Now you can focus on crusades. Its better to leave Turks and Russia alone, as it will be later easier against the Mongols.

Unit roster's weird, too... like something out of a fantasy novel.

No proble to write this here. You can play Hungary in DarthMod as well and as you say ...a difficult faction to play with.
    Yes...a little fantasy inspiration in Hungary roster as it seems.

And a lot of historic actors, like the Szekely, Pechenegs, Cumans, and Ias, who *aren't* there. I'm assuming that most mods are holding off on changing the unit rosters b/c of the upcoming 1.2 patch?