Thread: Trade - does it develop?

Default Trade - does it develop?

Quick Questionn (Okay, maybe not so quick):

If I recall correctly, the previous vesion of this fantastic mod decreased the amount of taxes one collects per city, but increases the amount of trade. Therefore, it balances the game a little, preventing someone from growing to fast and become unstobbable mid game. Trade was used as the large source of income, and if you spent time (and the money) building the proper buildings, you would be rewarded.

Unfortunatly, in my Beta 5 game, trade seems to be a very small aspect so far. The majority of my income rests on my King's purse and taxes. I have a merchants and Explorer's guild. I have markets, roads and ports in 6/7 settlements. Of course, I am aware that I could just be impatient. I am also playing a different contry, that has different trade routes. Also, I am only 50 turns in, and only two cities have something higher then a grain trader (or whatever that first merchantile building is called) So, a few questions:

Does trade boost up -substantially- once you get "higher and higher" trade buildings (like fairgrounds, etc.)? [Note: I know the purpose of having these larger buildings IS to develop a larger trade income.. but I'm talking about a much larger boost then expected or originally coded]

Does trade increase with time, city "wall size" or population? If it did, it would explain all my concerns, and in addition, provide -ideal- balance. Start small trade small, develop, grow, and have more trade income to sponser larger armies to expand.

Does the lower trade correlate with reduced army upkeep costs (reduced relative to Version 1.8)?

Thanks!

Default Re: Trade - does it develop?

Yes, I also noticed the smaller role trade plays now. It would always be one of my smallest sources of income. You can adjust it by finding SIF_TRADE in the Settlement Mechanics document in the Data folder for TLR. Raise the first value a little bit, and trade should be a little more substantial.

tornnight's Avatar Forum Bot

Trade significantly increases when you have trade agreements and the more advanced trade buildings.

If you have no trade agreements, then the only trade you have is between your cities.
    "The first casualty when war comes, is truth." - Hiram Johnson
    Developer of The Long Road Modification

Cool, thanks. I have quite a few trade agreements, but not the higher advance trade buildings. I think the most improtant thing is balance, however. And right now, everything is balanced A-ok.