Thread: Too easily to go Bamkrupt!

Default Too easily to go Bamkrupt!

1.When each spy cost me an additional 500........
    When a General cost me 500..........
    When a siege cost me more than 2000..........
    I just want to ask: Then what is the Army Upkeep for?? What is the Spy's Upkeep for?

Also now each time I must deploy every my units very carefully so that they will pack into a full sack rather than spreading on the big map, just not to cost me so many 500s.

My newborn England just go bankrupt too soon when I try to expand......but if I dun expand I will just go bankrupt soon either.

Are there others experinecing the same thing?

Default Re: Too easily to go Bamkrupt!

That's why you have to develop your economy, keep your armies off the field when not needed and have much money in your coffers before going to war.

So far I find the economy to be absolutely great. I've been hovering around 20k the entire game, which is absolutely excellent, in my opinion. I'm used to having 100k florins+, and at that point the game gets BORING and EASY. I'm playing as the Moors, and have been able to keep an uneasy neutrality with both Spain and Portugal as I work on North Africa.

The only problem I have right now is that it seems like, despite how great the game does at keeping me at a reasonable rate of money, all the AI factions seem to be millionaires. I'm like 15th on the Financial chart because the scripts regulate me but don't regulate the rest of the map. I suppose that just evens it out a bit, but it's still nice to see the hard work of keeping your economy good (if at a decent rate) pay off with having you at number 1.

"I am what the Gods have made me!"

This is not a blitzkrieg mod, you have to think about your next step. If not you could be dead.
    Te AI millionaires, maybe the script needs readjusting or their should be a maximum limit for all treasuries dependent on size of the faction

repman

BareBonesWars 8.1 for RTW 1.5
    Integration Mod which combines unique strategic challenges due to a 4 Season scripted campaign from 280 BC - 180 AD on several big/small maps and with an ruthless AI on the battlefield.
    Deus lo Vult DLV 6.2 for MTW II Kingdoms
    Norway+Ireland+Flanders+Kiev+Lithuania+Teutonic_Order+Armenia+Crusader+Georgia,1y2t script, army field costs, Ultimate AI 1.6, big map, military career, economic system, age simulation, heraldic system, new factions, garrison script, Crowns + Swords, Trait bugfixer, religion dependent recruiting, ancillary enhancements, darth battle mechanics

Civis

Instead of having the script with support costs for your armies and spies why not just increase the kings purse for all the other factions except your own? Since you can increase the kings purse as high as you like this will make the game as hard to win as you want without having to worry about paying costs for every unit moved out of a city.

Quote Originally Posted by badapple View Post
    Instead of having the script with support costs for your armies and spies why not just increase the kings purse for all the other factions except your own? Since you can increase the kings purse as high as you like this will make the game as hard to win as you want without having to worry about paying costs for every unit moved out of a city.
    Field army script means player is in control of his treasury. We wanted that level of control for the player and not to just crank up the AIs income (we do that too, so don't worry).

Cheers! dd

Civis

Quote Originally Posted by derdrakken View Post
    Field army script means player is in control of his treasury. We wanted that level of control for the player and not to just crank up the AIs income (we do that too, so don't worry).

Cheers! dd
    You miss the point. To really make the game more of a challenge the battles must be made harder to win. Anyone can tinker with the income of the factions or even write script to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by badapple View Post
    You miss the point. To really make the game more of a challenge the battles must be made harder to win. Anyone can tinker with the income of the factions or even write script to do this.
    Then play another mod. Most other mods just tweak King's Purse if that's what you want.

Lopus's Avatar Biarchus
    SJ, MM, Republic of the Banana (Philippines)

Half of the fun of DLV is the fact that you have to think before sending out the armies. No brainless blitzing. This is so much fun.

Civis

Quote Originally Posted by UnderdawgIV View Post
    Then play another mod. Most other mods just tweak King's Purse if that's what you want.
    Your right it's back to The Long Road.