Thread: one year turns

Default one year turns

Firstly thank you for the mod looks very good so far. Problem is I would prefer to keep away from gunpowder and the Mongols for as long as possible! lol I cant seem to get the one year=one game turn to work, not very techie this end I'm afraid. Have done what the install instructions say but nothing changed still one game turn= two years.
    Any ideas? 'Apart from learn how to use your comp mate?' lol
    L
    ps and I object to being ranked as a peasant!!!!! Bleedin cheek! lol Here I am brain the size of a planet and.................

Default Re: one year turns

Hi Leon

Actually it's pretty simple to activate one year per turn game.
    If you've downloaded Stainless Steel 2.2 you'll find the export_descriptions_buildingsONEYERAPERTURN.txt in the Stainless_Steel/data folder and the descr_stratONEYEARPERTURN.txt file in the Stainless_Steel/data/world/maps/campaign/imperialcampaign folder.
    Rename the files to export_descriptions_buildings.txt and descr_strat.txt and replace the original files.
    I hope this helps...
    btw, actually peasants aren't that bad (at least in M2TW...)

Winner of 'Favorite M2TW Mod' and 'Favorite M2TW Modder' Award 2007 & 2008

Default Re: one year turns

Thanks for that, tried it a couple of times and still no joy think I will have to go to a fresh install and try from scratch.
    Thanks for the reply and keep up the good work!
    L
    ps I still object to being called a peasant! Gonna have to lead a rebbelion so at least I can be called a revolting peasant!