Thread: 2 things stopping me play this game

Default 2 things stopping me play this game

a lovely mod i dont deny, but:

1. the campaign map has huge spikes of frame loss.

2. i dont like the idea of only the capital being citidel or huge city. (i tried teh build one, move capital, build again, but it didnt work)

Default Re: 2 things stopping me play this game

@sicarius
    Campaign lag is because of bigmap and running scripts. Use the time to think about strategic moves and have a bottle of whiskey near the computer....
    Look in the FAQ Section for tuning tipps
    I think you are a blitzer, already building huge cities or citadels ? Which year are you ? Only the original capitel citiy can become a huge city\citadel. Normally a campaign should take weeks...

repman

BareBonesWars 8.1 for RTW 1.5
    Integration Mod which combines unique strategic challenges due to a 4 Season scripted campaign from 280 BC - 180 AD on several big/small maps and with an ruthless AI on the battlefield.
    Deus lo Vult DLV 6.2 for MTW II Kingdoms
    Norway+Ireland+Flanders+Kiev+Lithuania+Teutonic_Order+Armenia+Crusader+Georgia,1y2t script, army field costs, Ultimate AI 1.6, big map, military career, economic system, age simulation, heraldic system, new factions, garrison script, Crowns + Swords, Trait bugfixer, religion dependent recruiting, ancillary enhancements, darth battle mechanics

I don't like only one thing...starting year.

I don't like the idea "Only the original capitel citiy can become a huge city\citadel". Some units need huge city\citadel to recuit, so dose that means we can only recuit such advanced units only in one settlement? If so it's less interseting ...

It is a little restricting to only allow your capital to reach the highest level, I'll admit. Maybe it'd be a good idea to take the faction's capitol and one other settlement (either a castle or city, depending on what the capitol is) to be able to reach the highest? This way you could have one city and one castle. The way it is now, it's much easier for the Italian factions to excel, because they can get the highest city, which is also their best for military. Same for Turks. Kind of leaves everyone who needs Castles but starts with a City as a capitol behind. =/

"I am what the Gods have made me!"

hellbard's Avatar Civis

only starting year.. if only there could be an option to choose starting year.. but everything else (more or les) rocks.. and I love the capital thing.. but there should be more troops to recruit in early stages.. but that is another story.. story for DLV 2.1

@Overkill

You can edit the starting year back to 1080 or whatever in the descr_strat file. I did the same before in the other way around. So not really a problem in my eyes. Did you try to play till the late era units with 2 turns/year? 1180 is a good choice, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Rog View Post
    @Overkill

You can edit the starting year back to 1080 or whatever in the descr_strat file. I did the same before in the other way around. So not really a problem in my eyes. Did you try to play till the late era units with 2 turns/year? 1180 is a good choice, I think.
    Yeah I know how to change year...I just don't want to change anything.
    With 1.9 I played till 1301...but than came out 2.0 ...so here we go again. Anyway that is not the problem...The real problem is campaign map lag...or stutter...whatever. It really annoys me .