Thread: any CTD?

Default any CTD?

i'll play it, after i reinstall cos like, i have so many mods that everything is messed up lol.

but are there any CTDs half way through the game preventing you from continuing? cos i was happily playing RTJ one day, just about to send my professional army of crusaders whom i spent many turns replenishing after 2 plagues and a volcano, and all of a sudden, just as their on their way, i cant continue :'(

is this gonna happen again?

Default Re: any CTD?

@sicarius
    What has RtJ to do with DLV ? Do you mean the 1260 bug ?
    At the moment nobody has complained of game breaking unstoppable CTD's in DLV Campaigns.

repman

BareBonesWars 8.1 for RTW 1.5
    Integration Mod which combines unique strategic challenges due to a 4 Season scripted campaign from 280 BC - 180 AD on several big/small maps and with an ruthless AI on the battlefield.
    Deus lo Vult DLV 6.2 for MTW II Kingdoms
    Norway+Ireland+Flanders+Kiev+Lithuania+Teutonic_Order+Armenia+Crusader+Georgia,1y2t script, army field costs, Ultimate AI 1.6, big map, military career, economic system, age simulation, heraldic system, new factions, garrison script, Crowns + Swords, Trait bugfixer, religion dependent recruiting, ancillary enhancements, darth battle mechanics

Yes I encountered a CTD 2 years into the game during my first battle as the english with DLV version 2.

Windows Vista Ultimate
    AMD Athlon 64 x2 dual core pro 4400+
    2 GB Ram
    Nvidia geforce 7900GTX 512mb

Quote Originally Posted by darkstorm121064 View Post
    Windows Vista Ultimate
    :hmmm:
    Maybe there is answer for your CTD...or maybe not. Anyway I'm 35 years into the game...no CTD so far.

45 Turns in as Venice and all is well thus far... Cheers! dd

But, I'm playing on Windoze XP...
    Last edited by derdrakken; March 03, 2007 at 04:29 PM.

yea maybe its vista ultimate thats the problem, im also playing the RTW troy mod and ive had no CTD with that and im 200 turns in although the graphics do get corrupted after a while but exiting and entering the game corrects that for a while i think it might be a compatability issue.

Try running it in xp compatibility mod...actualy I don't know if there is such thing

yes there is a windows xp service pack 2 compatibility mode plus compatibility modes for windows 2000 ,windows nt service pack 5 ,windows 98/windows me ,windows 95 , and windows server 2003 service pack 1 i tried a new game of deus lo vult useing compatibility mode windows xp service pack 2 in windows vista ultimate but it CTD during a battle again.

I'm about 200 turns into my Moorish campaign with no errors so far. Great mod, yet again! I can't believe I played LTC instead of this. >.>

"I am what the Gods have made me!"

@premaximum
    can you please report a little after 200 turns. Actually the DLV mod Creators are all businesmen and have no time to play. So i'm curious about detailed reports..

repman

BareBonesWars 8.1 for RTW 1.5
    Integration Mod which combines unique strategic challenges due to a 4 Season scripted campaign from 280 BC - 180 AD on several big/small maps and with an ruthless AI on the battlefield.
    Deus lo Vult DLV 6.2 for MTW II Kingdoms
    Norway+Ireland+Flanders+Kiev+Lithuania+Teutonic_Order+Armenia+Crusader+Georgia,1y2t script, army field costs, Ultimate AI 1.6, big map, military career, economic system, age simulation, heraldic system, new factions, garrison script, Crowns + Swords, Trait bugfixer, religion dependent recruiting, ancillary enhancements, darth battle mechanics

Eastern Red's Avatar Semisalis

[QUOTE=repman;1556430]@premaximum
    can you please report a little after 200 turns. Actually the DLV mod Creators are all businesmen and have no time to play. So i'm curious about detailed reports..
    I have not reached 200 turns yet but close to 100 and so far the game is stable. The only issue I've encounterd was the activation of the game on the desktop icon. I usually have to repeat this to get going even after removing the map.rwm from the M2TW data folder.

THE BEGINNING OF A NEW ERA
    COURTESY OF LORD RAHL

Quote Originally Posted by repman View Post
    @premaximum

repman
    I'll give you a rundown of how things went with my Moorish campaign, and how they're currently going with my new (Hungarian) campaign.

Moors:
    I started off very slow. The only settlement I took was the one directly to the west of Cordoba, and only because the Portuguese were moving in to take it, and if they did so I wouldn't have safe passage to the tip of the peninsula and then into Africa to my lands. I let Valencia be, due to El Cid being an absolute powerhouse and the garrison script keeping it from being taken. This was a major improvement, by the way, as in my other Moorish games I could typically just rush him the first turn and be done with it. It was nice to have El Cid as a dominate power for a while.

I kept peace with Spain and Portugal for quite a long time, and started concentrating on getting North Africa. After about 50 turns or so I got Rebellion, because I had thought my King started with the Crown, but apparently he didn't. Rebellion worked absolutely perfectly, except for a couple of things: One, when they were in cities they would 'rebel' but they never actually rebelled. I could move them out of the city the very turn and everything would be fine, I'd just have a family member running up my costs.

The very first family member to rebel ended up turning gray very quickly, which was nice. I could actually hunt him down and quell the rebellion like intended. However, none of the subsequent rebels (which was almost everyone descended from him, worked very well) ever turned gray. I ended up having to send them into suicide battles with other rebels to get rid of them. I highly suggest making them immediately (or in a turn or two) turn gray, it would greatly improve the quality of the game, I think.

Other than that, everything went very well. I did notice that hardly any of the AI factions allied with one another, which is a little bit odd. However, there weren't any wars whatsoever until about turn 100, at which point there was a Crusade called. After that, a few more people started going to war. One thing of note, however, is that I don't believe the Mongols are working as intended. When the "horde" message appears, they all gather up in one region, pulling people from settlements to do so. What this accomplishes is: A) Any cities that they may have held almost immediately rebel due to lack of garrisons, and B) They almost immediately go bankrupt due to their script. I only know this because I kept checking them with Diplomacy and it said they were Bankrupt.

Finances for me, the player, were very difficult for about 40-60 years. I hovered around 10k for the first 20 or so, then I never really rose above 30k until about 60 years had passed. At that point, I started a war with Spain and started taking Iberian settlements, thus increasing my purse. By 60-70 years I had 100k, and after 100 I was well over 300k. By that point, the game started getting easy again.

Another thing, for some reason there aren't any naval landings. None of the islands near Italy had been taken by rebels, neither was the small island just to the west of Greece. All of Ireland was left completely alone. I'm not sure if this is a problem with my game, or if taking out Landbridges was, indeed, a bad idea. I wasn't attacked at all in North Africa, not from beginning to end.

Eventually, just before I intended to start a war with the Italian factions, France declared war on me and I decided to call that game quits. Only, though, because I've played the Moors 3 times now and each time I've gone after France. I wanted to change it up a little bit, but I wasn't allowed to. >.<

Hungary:
    I'm only about 40 years into my Hungary Campaign. I went straight for the Byzantines relatively early, but only because they forced my hand. I started the game by taking Adrianople from Rebels, and then the Byzantines took two settlements to the north and west of Adrianople, which effectively cut it off from the rest of my empire. After that, I sacked the settlement to the North, and had to fend off numerous full-stack attacks while trying to survive with a low purse. All-in-all, that war was probably the most enjoyable I've ever had, mostly because I was on the defense so much rather than the offense.

I noticed that Adrianople seems to have no Garrison script, also. I'm not sure whether this was intended or simply an oversight. As that was the most attacked settlement, it made it quite difficult.

Another thing: The Byzantines pulled all their forces but a family member from Constantinople to attack me at some point, and after eliminating the attacking force I was able to assassinate the family member inside the city and walk into Constantinople without a battle. I was expecting the garrison script to do something, but I suppose since their wasn't a true siege it didn't fire off. I'm not sure whether this is something that should be looked at, or if it's fine how it is.

So far, I only have one complaint with this campaign. That's that, for some reason, I have full stacks of rebels randomly spawning in the same place. Usually, there's a nearly full command star family member leading the army. This must be something scripted, because the family member always has a title of "Mauler" and the army compositions are always the exact same. They're spawning just outside of Constantinople, and nearly every turn a new one spawns. I had two on the map, at one point. I'm not sure if it's something I've done wrong to fire off a script, or if this is supposed to happen for some reason. It's kind of annoying, because they cause devestation in Constantinople in the thousands, which doesn't seem to go away.

At any rate, so far that's all I can think of. All-in-all so far both the campaigns have been very enjoyable. I'd never played seriously with Hungary before, and I find it very difficult even though I only play on Medium/Medium. My Moorish campaign was definitely one of the most challenging campaigns I've played. I was afraid that I ruined the game when I played as Hungary by attacking the Byzantines quickly, because I thought they would fall too fast and I'd conquer too much in too short a time-span. So far that hasn't been the case, and being on the defensive has been very exciting, although after I took Constantinople they lost a major production center, so their power is declining slowly.

Thanks again for the great mod! Hope to see more improvements with time.

Wow! Great post Premaximum, thanks for the report!

Some comments, if I may:
    -El Cid...Great! I was hoping he'd be able to hold his own for a bit. Valencia, Ireland and Wales are the only settlements/regions which get rebel garrisons.

-Crown. The starting King has the crown, but any subsequent Kings must travel to the faction capitol to be crowned king.

-Mongols. Oh those silly mongols. Field Army Script only applies to Human Player, so the Mongols are going broke for another reason (probably because all their cities just rebelled).

-Naval Invasions. We'll have to check this. In my 40ish turns as Venice, Ireland was unconquered, but Corsica & Sardinia had been taken by Milan...and Milan had also grabbed about 4 provinces in N. Africa. Sicily had taken Kerkyra...so I've seen some naval action.

-Adrianople. This is a settlement that only spawns a garrison for the Byzantines...you experienced the "defending an occupied settlement"...where the inhabitants are unenthusiastic about supporting their current lords. One could argue it should spawn at least a weak Hungarian garrison...

-Constantinople. The garrison script needs a siege condition to fire...so if you were able to move an army into Constantinople without a siege...the garrison was still asleep in their beds when the Hungarian army rolled in.

-Rebel spawn in capitol regions. If any capitol (including ones you capture) falls below green happiness, that "Mauler Rebel Army" (Armed Insurrection in the DLV2.0 features) has a 30% chance of spawning.

-Devestation. We need to investigate.

-Great Mod! Thank you for the Kudo and thank you again for such a detailed post!

Cheers! dd

Quote Originally Posted by derdrakken View Post
    -Crown. The starting King has the crown, but any subsequent Kings must travel to the faction capitol to be crowned king.
    I suggest double-checking The Moors. I may have missed it, but I believe that I didn't start with a crown when I played them. I do recall the crown for Hungary, though. I could just be mistaken about The Moors.

-Mongols. Oh those silly mongols. Field Army Script only applies to Human Player, so the Mongols are going broke for another reason (probably because all their cities just rebelled).
    Seems likely, then. Either way, there still seems to be somewhat of a problem with them. For some reason they gathered up and then never really took anything. They actually lost more settlements than they gained when the "horde" arrived.

-Naval Invasions. We'll have to check this. In my 40ish turns as Venice, Ireland was unconquered, but Corsica & Sardinia had been taken by Milan...and Milan had also grabbed about 4 provinces in N. Africa. Sicily had taken Kerkyra...so I've seen some naval action.
    Sounds like this is a problem on my end, then. Sardinia and Corsica were both completely empty, so was Malta and that island directly to the east of the Iberian. All of Ireland was untouched, and Denmark hadn't even gone and gotten the lands to the north and east of them. I'll see if I can resolve it on my end.

-Adrianople. This is a settlement that only spawns a garrison for the Byzantines...you experienced the "defending an occupied settlement"...where the inhabitants are unenthusiastic about supporting their current lords. One could argue it should spawn at least a weak Hungarian garrison...
    Ahhh, that's very nice, then. I would leave it as it was. It made it much more challenging to try to defend against attacks, which is as it should be. OR, maybe the script should react depending on how you take the city? If you Occupy it peacefully they help you, if you sack it they're less likely to help, and if you Exterminate it they absolutely hate you and will offer no support? Would make it a little more interesting. Certain populations welcomed certain conquerors as champions throughout history, and some despised them. *shrugs*

-Rebel spawn in capitol regions. If any capitol (including ones you capture) falls below green happiness, that "Mauler Rebel Army" (Armed Insurrection in the DLV2.0 features) has a 30% chance of spawning.
    Ahh! That explains why it happened once in my Portugal lands as The Moors. Thanks muchly. Very nice feature. Seemed like it triggered way more than 30%, but maybe I was just unlucky.