Thread: Dismounted Polish Knights?

Default Dismounted Polish Knights?

Hello, just want to say that I love the mod and all you've done Lusted.

That said, I just started a Polish campaign today and looked through the building browser and saw no building that could train Dismounted Polish Knights. They're in vanilla, trainable at a Citadel, but I can't find them anywhere in LTC 2.1... Did you take them out, or forget to add them again? (Sorry if this has been addressed somewhere, I did a forum search and came up with nothing) Is there any way for me to add them again? Thanks!

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

Default Re: Dismounted Polish Knights?

No units are recruited from core buildings anymore(eg castles or city walls). Dismounted Polish Nobles are recruitable from third level barracks.
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

There are Nobles, but no Knights... In vanilla (and in custom battles in both versions) there are both Dismounted Polish Nobles (spearmen) and Dismounted Polish Knights (heavy armor with sword and shield). It's just that without the Knights, the Polish just have Nobles, which won't be able to compete later on in the campaign with other heavy infantry

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

So i have forgotten them, easily fixed for 2.2.
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

Don`t worry Lusted nobody`s perfect and you did a better job than CA IMO, not that I`m bashing or flaming them they did a good job but you perfected it, Again Nice job and keep up the good work

EDIT: I`ve check it out and they are not in but thats not a game breaker
    Last edited by Silent Assassin; March 01, 2007 at 12:00 PM.
    TIME TO DIE!!!! Proud Son of Viking Prince

Germanicus75's Avatar Domesticus

On this note, I'd like to add that Stainless Steel 2.2 does a very nice line in Dismounted Norse War Clerics.
    I know the final choice is yours Lusted, just want to pimp them here in case you may feel inclined to add them in a future version :-)

yeah, was wondering abt that, glad to hear it will be fixed in 2.2, i was having a hardtime taking walls with the Poles bcoz of overly weak infantry >.>

It must be a LtC 2.1 bug. I have a Polish campaign with LtC 2.0 and I have dismounted Polish knights (sword and shield with heavy armor).