Thread: Some feedback and questions on this mod

Germanicus75's Avatar Domesticus

Default Some feedback and questions on this mod

Hi KingKong,

Thanks for this mod, it's shaping up to be very interesting.

I've played some campaign with the English on VH/VH and want to give some feedback and queries.

- Does this mod include the latest Burrek skins - including K&K v.9?
    - Can Burrek's Blood and Dirt mod be made to work with SS?
    - Will the Xenophonia mod (alters sound files) work with SS?
    - How can I get Ultimate AI 1.3 to work with this mod?
    - How can I set longer movement rates for agents and more cash for merchants (I like these features from LTC). At the moment it takes *forever* for a diplomat to get anywhere.

Some observations:

- I find the blood way excessive (hence my question above)
    - I like the Armoured Sergeants! Would installing the latest Burrek skins remove them?
    - I like the use of titles - Privy Seal, Prince of Wales etc.! That's excellent!
    - Skirmish units approach too close and often get caught by the enemy unit. This happens in other mods too. You can help reduce it a bit by ordering your skirmish units to attack one by one.

Thanks for your hard work and replies, cheers Germanicus91

Default Re: Some feedback and questions on this mod

Quote Originally Posted by Germanicus91 View Post
    Hi KingKong,

Thanks for this mod, it's shaping up to be very interesting.

I've played some campaign with the English on VH/VH and want to give some feedback and queries.

- How can I set longer movement rates for agents and more cash for merchants (I like these features from LTC). At the moment it takes *forever* for a diplomat to get anywhere.

Some observations:

- I find the blood way excessive (hence my question above)
    - I like the Armoured Sergeants! Would installing the latest Burrek skins remove them?
    - I like the use of titles - Privy Seal, Prince of Wales etc.! That's excellent!
    - Skirmish units approach too close and often get caught by the enemy unit. This happens in other mods too. You can help reduce it a bit by ordering your skirmish units to attack one by one.

Thanks for your hard work and replies, cheers Germanicus91
    Burrek's skins I believe are integrated already. Ultimate AI 1.3 is also integrated.

Thanks Underdawg, although according to the mod FAQ, it uses UAI 1.2b...

Now I've a few further questions I'd like to ask KingKong:

- Does the AI have as a priority to take rebel settlements at the start of the game? (It seems a lot more aggresiive at doing this in LTC 2.1).

- How can I modify the building times to suit 2 turns per year (or will the next version of SS include an option for this?)

Thanks and cheers, Germanicus91

PS - very pleased you added Norrköping and Exeter

My previous post didn't show in the updated thread listing (problem with the site I think), so I'm having to double-post - sorry...

@Germanicus

Thanks for your feedback!
    To answer your questions:

- All Burrek's skins are included
    - To add Burrek's Blood and Dirt overwrite the "Medieval II Total War\data\overlaytextures" folder with Burrek's overlaytextures folder. (if you want vanilla blood, simply delete this whole folder)
    - I havn't looked into the Xenophobia mod, but I'm sure it will work with my mod, when you know which files you need to copy...
    - to add a new version of Ultimate AI, overwrite these files from Grand Viz with the ones from Stainless Steel:
    descr_campaign_ai_db.xml
    descr_diplomacy.xml
    descr_faction_standing.txt
    - You can edit movement rates for characters in the Stainless_Steel/data/descr_character.txt file.

- Does the AI have as a priority to take rebel settlements at the start of the game? (It seems a lot more aggresiive at doing this in LTC 2.1).
    - How can I modify the building times to suit 2 turns per year (or will the next version of SS include an option for this?)
    - Yes, the AI has a very high priority to deal with rebels in the first turns.
    - Stainless Steel 2.2 patch includes a file with doubled building times and increased costs.
    Last edited by King Kong; March 01, 2007 at 11:25 AM.

Winner of 'Favorite M2TW Mod' and 'Favorite M2TW Modder' Award 2007 & 2008

By the way King I re-installed Stainless Steel and played with Burreks Skins and they actually ain't as bad as I thought first...actually they are pretty good on second view!!! So no need to figure out how to delete them.

Hi KingKong - vielen Dank für Ihre Antwort! :-)

To confirm: I got Xenophonia working with SS 2.2. It just took a little tweaking.

- Of the files you mentioned, do you mean I replace the ones currently used by SS with those from UAI 1.3?

- descr_character.txt - there is no such file in my SS data/folder...
    Can I simply copy across the one which is in my LTC 2.1 data/folder?

Nochmals vielen Dank für Ihre Mühe! :-)

Grüße, G91
    Last edited by Germanicus75; March 01, 2007 at 01:09 PM.

Beiss's Avatar Nemo nascitur...

- Changed Uppsala to Norrköping
    Can I ask why? Uppsala was a (local) center of power throughout the early middle ages. Norrköping was just a little trade market until sometime in the 14th century.
    Under the patronage of Halie Satanus, Emperor of Ice Cream, in the house of wilpuri

@Beiss

I changed Uppsala to Norrköping, because my Uppsala was in an geographically incorrect position, exact where Norrköping is (a Danish guy told me...)
    And because I really like this place for a new settlement I simply changed the name.

Winner of 'Favorite M2TW Mod' and 'Favorite M2TW Modder' Award 2007 & 2008

Fair enough.

i know i made this post a lotta times <_<, but nobody is replying, can anyone PLEASE help me, how do you get the sound back, i think king did something that muted all sound, the greeting, diplomacy sounds

Alletun's Avatar Artifex

try going into your stainless steel/data/ folder, there should be another folder called "sounds". if you have this folder, what does it contain?
    if you have unpacked your data files, that might also create some problems

nvm, it's all fixed, and alletun, nice stainless steel skins, i saw it in the other post, very nice!

- descr_character.txt - there is no such file in my SS data/folder..
    I have the same problem -- no such file in my directory. How can I modify movement rates without that file?