Thread: Difficulty?

Default Difficulty?

What is the prime difficulty settings to play AD on?

This should probably be under gameplay, but i wanted a quick answer. My bad if this is covered somwhere else, but i couldnt find it, and i want to have a good campaign for my first taste of this mod.

Default Re: Difficulty?

medium/medium

CtrlAltDe1337's Avatar Praepositus

I play on H/H or H/VH and there is no problem. I'm sure you could do VH/VH if you wanted.

Everything above medium in the strategic map brings the AI to cheat on money and everything else and I particularly despise that kind of gameplay.

That's why I always struggle to increase the difficulty, but in a realistic way, even on medium difficulty.

umm I always play on VH/VH and realistically I found it easy bec. I create economic building first eg roads and such will get you a lot of money quickly and then you will just pump out armies if someones attacking you

i decided to try M/VH and tbh, its rather easy, but at least the diplomacy works (which makes it far more fun than H/VH)

CtrlAltDe1337's Avatar Praepositus

I had problems with the AI never expanding or going to war on M campaign difficulty. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Crucifix View Post
    I had problems with the AI never expanding or going to war on M campaign difficulty. :/
    It depends what do you intend with "never expanding or going to war". For sure the AI won't start Medieval World War III as it's not just ahistorical, but plain stupid because it's very easy then for the player to grab regions with little or no risks. In my medium campaign I always saw the AI grabbing some rebel province once in a while, loosing some others and in a matter of 100-150 years the map was always pretty different from start. Sincerely I hate seeing Venice owning London or Rus in Spain.

well i have created a thread about alliances but while were at it . I havent seen any one allied with some one even in the Islamic and the Orthodox faction .Is it because i have been allied with all the catholic religion and no one wants to upset me ???(VH/VH) House of Capet allied with HRE ENG POL HUN all the ITALY Danes Scots Iberian factions