Thread: Why does this mod give me a performance hit on the Battlemap!

Default Why does this mod give me a performance hit on the Battlemap!

First off, hats off. I love the RPG element in 1.9. However. Hear this:

I install 1.9, run a campaign and siege Valencia with about a half stack, against their half stack. I decide to play the siege myself, and lo and behold.....slowness. FPS at around 10. I run at full settings 1280x1024 with shadows al off and grass on low. I usually have NO LAG and run at around 20 fps, 25 if I put the priority on Realtime of High.

Here I thought, maybe by computer is running some background process thats causing the slowdown. I check..nothing. I restart to be sure, check again and restart. Nothing to slow it down, so I start DLV. Play teh same siege...same slowness.

Replicate the siege in a custom battle. Same slowness.

Bring my resolution down to 1024x768, half unit size down, take grass off, stuff that usually gets me running at 50 fps......same 9 fps on DLV.

Frustrated, I try the same siege in vanilla, with everything maxed out, 33 fps.

Any idea why.

My specs are at the bottom, and I am using vista Ultimate 64 bit. Like I said, Vanilla is running w/o lag, but DLV gives me lag on the battle map ( campaign map is fine!).

Default Re: Why does this mod give me a performance hit on the Battlemap!

@shaba
    glad you like the mod, AD isn't bad either

Don't know the reason of performance slowdown:
    - maybe a texture mod parallel
    - there is no battle script running
    - no new units either
    - some people reported sporadic slowdowns using the older darth battle files, who knows ?
    - maybe a local map problem ?

Sorry I can't help you...

Maybe you can test AD at the same map position during a siege battle ?

repman

BareBonesWars 8.1 for RTW 1.5
    Integration Mod which combines unique strategic challenges due to a 4 Season scripted campaign from 280 BC - 180 AD on several big/small maps and with an ruthless AI on the battlefield.
    Deus lo Vult DLV 6.2 for MTW II Kingdoms
    Norway+Ireland+Flanders+Kiev+Lithuania+Teutonic_Order+Armenia+Crusader+Georgia,1y2t script, army field costs, Ultimate AI 1.6, big map, military career, economic system, age simulation, heraldic system, new factions, garrison script, Crowns + Swords, Trait bugfixer, religion dependent recruiting, ancillary enhancements, darth battle mechanics

Shaba Wangy>>I had the same problems. I thought I had a virus or what ever. And I dont.

I had to delete the MTWII! And start again. I think it was screwed up. Its seems better now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pachinko View Post
    Shaba Wangy>>I had the same problems. I thought I had a virus or what ever. And I dont.

I had to delete the MTWII! And start again. I think it was screwed up. Its seems better now.
    Tried it again on a fresh, unpacked install. Same thing.

Tried it with AD and I didn't have a slow down. I'll just wait to try 2.0 while i keep working on AD. Thanks for the quick response guys.
    Ciao
    Shaba