Thread: preventing alliances between islamics and catholics

Default preventing alliances between islamics and catholics

some way to do this? it's exasperating that muslims get alliances with christian kingdoms, and unreallisty too...

please suggestions! thanks!

xeryx's Avatar Follow the White Rabbit

Default Re: preventing alliances between islamics and catholics

No it is not unrealistic, We currently have allies with Muslim nations. Just antagonize the nation allied with them into a war, make sure you have plenty of allies. Then they will regret their decision.

Secadegas's Avatar Foederatus

unrealistic?!?!?! i see a spanish flag so i presume your spanish, dindnt you now that in the reconquista portuguese, castilha-leon, aragon and navarra kings keep doing aliences whith muslims aginst etchothers....
    portugal makes small temporay alliance whith muslim=wage war aginst castilha, then castilha makes peace whith portugal=both atack muslim, then muslim makes peace whith castila=both move on portugal and so on...... se the scheme............all cames down to snatch bigest money/land possible.... aka "gread" and that my friend are all historical proven facts
    ******sorry about the spelling***********

Ludicus's Avatar Comes Limitis
    Citizen

dindnt you now that in the reconquista portuguese, castilha-leon, aragon and navarra kings keep doing aliences whith muslims aginst etchothers...
    Yep.Very realistic.It happened,but only a few times.
    Between Portugal,Castilla,Aragon and Navarra,on contrary,it happened more frequently.
    Last edited by Ludicus; February 27, 2007 at 09:06 AM.

In fact, due to strong muslim relations(comertial and cultural) with Portugal, this created an extra boost for portugal to have evolved economically very fast and also in acquiring other customs. By the end of the 14th century, a money economy was already strongly implanted in portugal even in the countryside, and relationships with muslin kingdoms had for the most time been quite strong. Yet this changed since the siege of ceuta and with the portuguese discoveries themselves.

NoRbAk's Avatar Civis

The problem is that it is not realistic to have one Mouravid faction in Iberia, 'cos at that time the Islamic Fatimids of Al-mourabitia were broken, and in Iberian peninsula were only small taifas... so taifas would ally christians but not the Califate... right?

It is nice to see diplomacy and AI work well against the player, so nevermind about weird hetero-religious alliances, it improves the game!
    Join the dark side!
    Help me test M2TW darthmod! Msg me! You can be a betatester too!

- NoRb4K - Darthmod betatesting team (;-P)

The Border Reiver's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

This is one aspect of diplomacy I would like to see Darth tweak. I think it should be a lot harder to make and accept alliances between Christian and Muslim factions for gameplay boundaries. Sometimes i find with the current settings, there is not enough hate/war between factions.

By all means allow for more chance of good feeling in Iberia between factions, but not the rest of Christendom.

Out of Interest what is the current setting for the Papal Factions and Islamic factions?

Skyline Pete's Avatar Senator

I'm not sure if it's possible to totally block alliances with Islamic states but it can be setup where they absolutely despise each other using the campaign xml file.

In there is a list determining which factions like/dislike each other.

While I didn't originally like the ease of alliance between Muslim and Christian, the more history I read the more realistic it appears. As noted above, the Christian kings on the Iberian peninsula often allied with each other and with the Moors.

Further, the Moors did NOT get along with the Fatimid dynasty in Egypt.

Both religions alternated between cooperation and persecution of the other, depending on the ruler's personality, political expediency, and the religious edicts of the time.
    ...and for what glory will they be able to praise me on the day when I am made a knight, if my sword has not been dipped to the hilt in the blood of infidels?
    -Infante Dom Henrique, 1415AD

It would be done but I should re-fix a whole new code for it.
    Although I could have done and enhance it:
    -I have no such time
    -Would produce many side effects that would need extensive beta-testing
    -Current Darth Diplomacy aim is to enhance vanilla unbugged with no CTDs.

So a revolutionary campaign AI from me would be done only in terms of time saving for my other modding priorities and these are more important now.

Darth Diplomacy provides you a stable and enhanced gameplay environment as it is now.

Oh, only was a suggestion!

I think that real relations beetwen fatimididas and christians were a little bit harder in that age that the game shows.There were alliances in all that time but they were rare with the Chirstians and not so rarer beetwen theyselves, at least until the almoravid invasion in finally XII.

Darth I understand you, your work may be hard, i'm ussing your mod since the first of them for RTW. Combats and Campaings are another world comparing to vanilly.

¡Que la fuerza te acompañe! (traslate xD)