Thread: Its a drug ...i admit that ....

Default Its a drug ...i admit that ....

When one start to get comfortable creating new units its hard to stop ...all the osprey's and other books opened on the floor ...photoshop in flames ... etc etc ... well if someone want i will be glad to help ... here some of my units . ( btw can someone explain how remove gloss from the normal texture ? thanks )

Tuscan knights

Armenian Infantry

Armenian mounted Nacharaks

Dismounted Nacharaks

Tsar Stefan Dusan IV's Avatar Loonatic on the loose!!

Default Re: Its a drug ...i admit that ....

This is first serious reskin I have seen... It is very good lookin'. Friendly advice: some units are lookin' too much luminated, especially those with bright colours. Clothe's wrinkles look very good. Excellent work, congrats :
    There is no gloss in m2tw. It is reflection. Reflection is controled via shades of gray in normal map's alpha channel. Just check the "channel" tab if you are using PS.
    Best skins I ever saw for m2tw.

Regards, TSDIV

Those dismounted Nacharaks look great...they look like a concept art of armenian heavy infantry i saw in twguild.org

Is it possible to edit or make new models for medival tw?
    Fighting with the Wisdom, the Bosnian Kingdom

Tsar Stefan Dusan IV's Avatar Loonatic on the loose!!

It is not possible, but some members of the community are working on it...

Matthæus's Avatar Knez Bribirski

looking good

Quote Originally Posted by Tsar Stefan Dusan IV View Post
    It is not possible, but some members of the community are working on it...
    I know two guys, who claim that they broke that problem. They promissed to release suitable screens as a proof soon, so when i get them, I'll let you know

@ Fra70

I have a question:

How did you change the color of the horse barding without touching the structure of the i will call netstructuring over it ? I never succeed in having a mask only for this net structure so new color always over paint it !

It is possible to create different layers like for example color in the background net structure in the middle and symbols like crossen in surface layer ? So you can paint only the layer yoe need to ?

Thanks

Yep you can but you need to have some experience in using the selection tools in photoshop.

Take my reskinned norman-english general and bodyguards

For the texture of the general alone I used about 8 different layers, selecting out the "fleurs de lil", changing the underlying "fabric" to blue from the original red, but just for the border, while the rest of the tunic has been desatured and brought to a white shade using brightness and contrast (ok then I also used some other things to put on the ermelin texture and the new dinastic symbol, but thisdoesn't interest you at the moment).

As the "net" ornament over the horse bardings it's pratically pure white I'd copy the texture to a new layer, I'd apply a lot of contrast to it and then I'd select out the net using the magic wand, then you can use the selection you got over the original layer (but I'd make another new layer so to keep the original clean till the last flatting down).

to be honest the horse is the only thing ivent touched , is the default from the burrek ( the master ) pack ...i will try btw ...( i think that with photoshop ,the layers and magic wand of possible btw ... )

Yep, neither I did touch the texture of the horses because it was the only thing I liked in that unit and it seemed to me that it did look great with the new knights' and general's textures. But the basic principle is the same, selecting out what you want to preserve, work on different layers with copies and pieces of the original and once accostumed it's actually pretty fast to have some good results.

Thank you for the help about the alpha channel ...now is everything more understandable !!

im working on Armoured Axemen , its not finished but is interesting because using the alpha channel we can remove/add armours adding alot of variety to the limited meshes

here you see some armour ( they get it in Ug1 )where initially there was chainmail

and here without ...
    Last edited by Trajan; February 27, 2007 at 06:22 PM. Reason: Merged non-duplicate double post.

u know what would be nice? is if you skilled people released your skins to the public

Mines will be released for sure as they will be part of the next releases of Anno Domini mod.

Absolutely no problem if you will to use them for your other personal games.

They won't be "public domain" though (alas people have to ask me if they wanna use them in their mods).

well mine are free to whoever want them , just ask and i will do the possible to make what you want, use them even without my permission

ive reskinned Varangians ( and cataphracts )