Thread: annoying bug??

Default annoying bug??

well ive been playing this mod and over all i think its awesome

but an anoying bug ive encountered is my video settings reset everytime i launch game..

defaults set the display to widescreen which make the game look squished, the other options i have to change arnt that big of a deal, but...

everytime i play i have to goto video settings, switch off widescreen and config settings which gets abit annoying

ive changed keyboard settings, which have stayed the way ive configured

is there anyway to fix this or get around this, or insight from the modders of this being a known problem??

thanks!

NoRbAk's Avatar Civis

Default Re: annoying bug??

set cfg file to "read only" in properties

BTW, there is a bug in bigmap, where boats can't sail the west coast of africa. It get's really tiring to get in the southwestern city of the moors on foot.

OMG
    Join the dark side!
    Help me test M2TW darthmod! Msg me! You can be a betatester too!

- NoRb4K - Darthmod betatesting team (;-P)

The reason your settings are changing is because your vanilla settings are different from the way you want them in TLR.

The TLR .bat file to launch the game adds your vanilla .cfg into to the mod switch into and creates a new .cfg for TLR. It does this every time you launch the game. So even though you make your settings in TLR each time, every time you start the .bat file the game starts over with your vanilla settings.

Solve this by making your vanilla settings the way you want them to be for playing TLR. Just start a vanilla game, adjust your settings and save them, then quit the game. Now when you start TLR, your settings will be as you want them every time.

Or you can just open the two .cfg files after you quit a TLR session and make sure the vanilla config matches the settings you have in your TLR .cfg file. Just compare them and change the vanilla .cfg to match. Your vanilla settings are in medieval2.preference.cfg and your TLR settings are in The_Long_Road_Beta.cfg.

tornnight's Avatar Forum Bot

Quote Originally Posted by NoRbAk View Post
    set cfg file to "read only" in properties

BTW, there is a bug in bigmap, where boats can't sail the west coast of africa. It get's really tiring to get in the southwestern city of the moors on foot.

OMG
    Fixed for the next version.
    "The first casualty when war comes, is truth." - Hiram Johnson
    Developer of The Long Road Modification

still cant get it fixed... and cant get the new beta working either

i guess i should of bought the cd version of the game, instead of through steam.. modding sounds easier to accomplish with the store bought version

what could i be doing wrong? any help please

a question about beta 5 too, once i get it working - will i be able to use TLR addon on it, or is it included?

tornnight's Avatar Forum Bot

Ohh you're using Steam. Read the stickied FAQ thread here in the TLR forum.
    That's the only information I know.

It's not included but you can certainly use the addon.
    "The first casualty when war comes, is truth." - Hiram Johnson
    Developer of The Long Road Modification