Thread: new units.

Default new units.

Hello.

I'm going to be making some new units.

They should work with vanilla medieval, but if someone wants to put them into a mod just ask me first.

these units, although new, will use old textures, as i have no way of making new texts.

most of these units will be for the Hre but i will add more as i research them or as they are requested)

this might take a few weeks so please be a good sport and don't spam

Units on the list:

Gothic Sergeants( Late age heavy spear men for HRE in Gothic plate)

Gothic Auxiliary (Late age heavy swordsmen for Byzantines in Gothic plate armor)

Yeoman Sergeants (High age English light infantry armed with light chain mail and a mace, although lightly armed unit is unusually well trained)

Teutonic Crossbowmen (early/high crusader unit for Hre, unit will have leather armor and a crossbow and an ax, slightly better than the crossbow mercenary's)

Teutonic mounted Sergeants (early/high light calvary armed with a ax and light mail armor, fast and hardy for catching pesky horse archers)

Teutonic Sergeants (early/high heavy infantry armed with an ax and light chain mail armor, will not be as good as a danish Huscarl although equipment is similar)

Swabain Swordsmen (early Hre unit, is armed with a two handed sword and light chain mail armor, will be replaced by Zeiwhandler)

Steppe heavy calvary (Early/high mercenary unit native to the Russia area, will have an bow and a sword and will also use Lamellar armor)

Bonochs (early/high mercenary unit native to Ireland, will be a stronger Kern, armed with armor piecing darts and a sword, with leather armor)

Rus spearmen (early/high Russian heavy spearmen, armed with a spear and a large shield, and with chain mail armor)

Templar Sergeant (early/high crusade heavy spearman, far better trained than the normal crusader sergeant)

Templar Archers ( early/high crusaders, these peasant's lords have joined the Knights Templar, and the lucky ones now serve as skirmishing archers, although efective as archers their bows are not as powerful as their Islamic counterparts)

Templar spear men (early/high crusaders, these were once militia bands but have since joined the crusades as light spear men, they are good men but are not sergeants.)

Templar shock sergeants ( early/high crusader, these highly trained and strong men are armored with heavy chain mail and a Saxon style battle ax, they do love a good melee and are intended to scare enemies as well as kill them)

Hospital Crossbowmen ( early/high crusader, these Italian crusaders are about the best trained crossbowmen you could find, armed with a crossbow and a sword and protected by a pavise shield and brigadine armor)

Hospital Men-at-arms (early/high crusader, these nobles choose to fight on foot, they are hardy men trained from birth to fight. armed with a longsword, a kite shield, and heavy chain armor they are death to all who fight them "fairly")

tell me what you think please.

Default Re: new units.

You have some awesome goals, Captain Bokomort'e! It's always good to see more diversity in unit rosters. Well, diversity is good pretty much anywhere I'm looking forward to updates!

Sounds fantastic! I'd also like to see some more Muslim units as well, particularly swordsmen type units. If you get a chance, think you could make some, please?
    Former Historian & Dev Member for Broken Crescent Mod
    Dual-Major BA in Medieval History / Political Science, Adelphi University Aug. 1989
    Member of the World History Association
    Member of the Medieval Academy of America
    Member of the Richard III Society
    Member of the Society for the Study of the Crusades and Latin East
    If you like my post, please +Rep...if you dislike my post, please +REP me twice

Soulghast's Avatar RAWR!

Umm, it sounds good, but you won't be able to make them until a model exporter is released.

The weapon is attached to the model, so you can't give different weapons to existing units.

That is the bad news, you need to remodel the units and give them a different weapon. This requires 1 thing you don't have and another that you( may) have.

1st( you don't have): .mesh model format exporter.
    2nd( you may have): modelling skills.

I guess that ruins your day, but it is the truth...
    Ex-Curator
    Under the Patronage of Perikles
    Patron of Desperado † and Astaroth

R.I.P Calvin