Thread: Faction - Knights Templar (small outline)

Default Faction - Knights Templar (small outline)

1.0 Introduction:

First I want to thank King Kong for granting me the opportunity to present the outline of what I think will soon be the faction of the Poor Fellow-Soldiers of Christ and of the Temple of Solomon(Pauperes commilitones Christi templique Salomonici Hierosalemitanis)!

I have collected some data, I've actually thought about this quite a lot so I hope you guys will like my ideas!! It also seemed to me that King Kong expressed quite an interest in the Knights Templar, so I'd like to share this with him.

2. Important References:

I will post four links below. There are two reasons because of which I will/can not present the data in this thread. The first reason is that there are copyright restrictions by the website and second I will save myself the time to summarize what has been summarized a hundred times.

I urge you, especially the creators of this mod to carefully read the pages the links lead to. They contain pivotal information on The Knights Templar. The website is credible, Historically accurate and extremely well organized, most probably the best on the internet on the Knights Templar!

1:
    http://www.ordotempli.org/knights_te..._research1.htm
    (This page contains detailed information on the Knights Armour, their Behaviour in Battle and their training)
    2: http://www.ordotempli.org/grand_masters_heraldry.htm
    (This page contains detailed information on the Grandmasters Heraldry. From Hugo de Payens to Jacques de Molay)
    3: http://www.ordotempli.org/knights_te...o_remember.htm
    (This page contains important Knight's Templar Dates to remember, basically the Order's involvement in the Crusades...excellent!!)
    4: http://www.ordotempli.org/templar_research_archive.htm
    (This is a link to the Templar Research Archive of the Greatest website on the Knights Templar. It contains any data concerning the Order...brilliant)

2.1 Extract from the Templar Rule:

From The Order Rule of the Knights Templar

On the Dress

17. We command that all the brothers' habits should always be of one colour, that is white or black or brown. And we grant to all knight brothers in winter and in summer if possible, white cloaks; and no-one who does not belong to the aforementioned Knights of Christ is allowed to have a white cloak, so that those who have abandoned the life of darkness will recognise each other as being reconciled to their creator by the sign of the white habits: which signifies purity and complete chastity. Chastity is certitude of heart and healthiness of body. For if any brother does not take the vow of chastity he cannot come to eternal rest nor see God, by the promise of the apostle who said: Pacem sectamini cum omnibus et castimoniam sine qua nemo Deum videbit. That is to say: 'Strive to bring peace to all, keep chaste, without which no-one can see God.'

On the Commitment of Sergeants

67. As the squires and sergeants who wish to serve charity in the house of the Temple for the salvation of their souls and for a fixed term come from divers regions, it seems to us beneficial that their promises be received, so that the envious enemy does not put it in their hearts to repent of or renounce their good intentions.

On White Mantles

68. By common counsel of all the chapter we forbid and order expulsion, for common vice, of anyone who without discretion was in the house of God and of the Knights of the Temple; also that the sergeants and squires should not have white habits, from which custom great harm used to come to the house; for in the regions beyond the mountains false brothers, married men and others who said they were brothers of the Temple used to be sworn in; while they were of the world. They brought so much shame to us and harm to the Order of Knighthood that even their squires boasted of it; for this reason numerous scandals arose. Therefore let them assiduously be given black robes; but if these cannot be found, they should be given what is available in that province; or what is the least expensive, that is burell.

On Animals and Squires

51. Each knight brother may have three horses and no more without the permission of the Master, because of the great poverty which exists at the present time in the house of God and of the Temple of Solomon. To each knight brother we grant three horses and one squire, and if that squire willingly serves charity, the brother should not beat him for any sin he commits."

This is taken from the official Templar Order rule, on the dressing of Knights and Sergeants. There is also a very small reference to turcopoles, or auxilliaries. It's said that they "Fought in the Turkish way (meaning, with Bow and Arrow, also from the horse)". So I'd suggest Turkopole cavalary (The ones you could get as mercenaries in Asia Minor) for the mounted turkopoles, maybe Armenian archers for non-mounted (I remember that the armenian troops wore a "jacket" with a small cross, so I think they look the nearest to the actual turcopoles)...I would also definately include the sword wearing moorish or egyptian city guard, proably with armour upgrades later on.

On the Knights and Turcopoles

The amount of turcopoles was probably not a constant figure because they were mercenaries specially recruited for certain campaigns from the local Syrian populations. However certain Templar castles seemed to have maintained a number of turcopoles for a while. So is the castle of Safed which, during the 1260s, had a force of 50 knight-brothers, 30 sergeants, 50 turcopoles and 300 archers. For specific campaigns the number of turcopoles was larger. In 1168 for example, King Amaury I promised the Order of the Hospital extensive revenues to be levied on certain Egyptian cities in return for 500 knight-brothers and 500 turcopoles.

These mounted archers were paid as mercenaries and placed under the Turcopolier (a Templar brother), himself under the command of the Marshal of the Order. The archers were also mercenaries. And so were certain Frankish knights who remained in Syria for regular pay. For example, in 1218 when Walter d'Avesnes went back to the West, he left 40 knights behind and paid them for a year. The Templars used this type of additional forces when they hired 50 knights left behind by the Count of Nevers. These mercenaries were very useful for the defense of the kingdom and the law was in their favor. Failure to pay them could be appealed to the Haute Cour.

The bulk of the Templar's military might was comprised of knights and sergeants. Although both classes of Templars were as likely to die in battle, the knight had a higher ranking within the Order.

Knights had to be men of noble birth and wore the white mantle that is the most familiar garment of the Order. Each knight was permitted one squire and three horses.

2.2 Hierarchy of the Knights Templar:

3: Suggestion for the Unit Roster

Now in order to make the Knights Templar a proper faction, the most important thing might be the Unit Roster. I think my idea really could work, it might not be that historically accurate, but sometimes we have to sacrifice historical acurracy in order to increase game play!

The Basic Idea is that the forces of the Temple mainly consist of the Mounted and Dismounted Knights Templar we know from the Original Mod.

As you can see in the Table of Hierarchy above this chapter, there was a rank, the Turcopolier, who indeed was in command of the Turcopole forces (check On animals and Squires). In the game there are in fact already two units,the Turcopole horse archers and the Armenian Archers, which can be used as Templar Turcopole forces. The Armenian archers fit well, because they don't look too oriental and also have a little cross stitched on their padded armour.

The next step down the Hierarchy would be the Conventual Officers of Tripoli, Antioch, France, Hungary, England, Aragon, Apulia and Portugal. So my suggestion would be that in this mod, The Knights Templar can "recruit" mercenaries from different regions.
    I will list a few examples below.

Imagine The Units listed below with the Templar tabards underneath

(Lets say these below are the colours we put on the units tabard, instead of the actual ones. This is just a sample)

1: Armoured Crossbowmen recruited from the Chapter Houses in Apulia

2: Dismounted Squires/Novices of the Knights Templar

3: Dismounted Huscarls recruited from the Chapter Houses in Hammaburg

4: Armoured Nordic Warriors recruited from the Chapter Houses in Northrine Westphalia

5: Armoured Converted Muslim Swordsmen recruited from the Chapter Houses in Antioch and Tripoli

All of them are of course optional. I'd actually also wanted to add Welsh Longbowmen and Swiss Pikemen, they'll make an excellent addition and I'm somehow missing them in the actual game!! I think this way the faction can become really interesting, because you could actually add a couple of typical European units, just get away from the old dusty historically written things! It's somewhat like in the Mortal Combat games, you always have one fighter in the end which combines all fighting skills in one fighter, so you can actually be everybody!

The actual Roster is of course open for discussion, but of King Kong asks me I have something prepared already. Also I think that creating the Roster might be easier, because you don't have to re-texture and re-skin all units. The only things which actually might get changed arc the coat-of-arms of course, maybe shield and if the mod's skinner's and texturer's like, some helmets. I'm also pretty fond of that little fantasy touch. Like, I've always found Historical novels more interesting to read than Historical specialized books. They are nice to read but in the end a little creativity and fantasy never gets old!

I'm really looking forward to further develope that idea. With the help of some skilled modders like yourselves, I'm sure of it, it will turn out to be fun.

This is it actually, a small summary of the idea of the Knights Templar as a Faction.

Thanks for reading

(The Data above, plus the data indirectly provided by me through linking the important pages, can be used for the first step of creating the Faction. Such like unit description, faction description, events, traits, heraldry etc. If the creators of Stainless Steel agree, more data can quickly be organized and processed.)

Last edited by student23; February 24, 2007 at 06:02 PM.

Default Re: Faction - Knights Templar (small outline)

Sounds Good.

Thx! I will post a complete unit roster + unit descriptions this evening

Hi Student,

Once more, many thanks for your great information and ideas!
    I really highly appreciate that!

Mostly based on your guide and info, here is a list of what I've done so far and some ideas I had:

- Knights Templars enabled in all necessary files.

- Starting position is the castle Tortosa (important knights templar castle)
    http://www2.prestel.co.uk/church/oosj/castle.htm
    My idea: I want to make a really hard campaign for the Knights Templar, therefore they will have only a few starting units. Also they are in war with Egypt from the beginning and surrounded of mighty rebel cities, turks and of course Egypt
    When the AI controls the Knights Templar, there will be little chance that they will survive in the long run)
    http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r..._photo/pos.jpg
    (there is still a strange mistake, that the banner faction symbol is unreasonably cut in some places...)

- Added historical characters: Hugo de Payns, Gottfried von Saint-Omer...

- All symbols are finished and banners almost complete. Here's a first preview of some banners:
    http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r...htstemplar.jpg

- Temporary recruitable units:
    Infantry
    Pike Militia
    Swordstaff Militia
    Swiss Guard
    Mailed Swordsmen
    Sergeant Spearmen
    Crusader Sergeants
    Crusader Knights
    Dismounted Knights Templar
    Dismounted Knights Hospitaller (only with guild)
    Missile
    Southern Peasant Archers
    Muslim Archers
    Crossbow Militia
    Pavise Crossbowmen
    Arquebusiers
    Cavalry
    Mounted Sergeants
    Knights Templar
    Knights Hospitaller (only with guild)
    Frankish Knights
    Crusader Knights
    Turkopoles
    Artillery
    Ballista
    Catapult
    Trebuchet
    Mortar
    Bombard
    Cannon
    Great Cross

I would highly appreciate your comments and suggestions, as it seems that you're the expert for Knights Orders!
    Btw, I'm eager to read your unit descriptions...
    Last edited by King Kong; February 26, 2007 at 11:56 AM.

Winner of 'Favorite M2TW Mod' and 'Favorite M2TW Modder' Award 2007 & 2008

Absolute ***** excellent!!

So did you add Tortosa to the map King?
    What about putting them on cyprus? For a short time, before they were extinguished they owned the island of cyprus. But Tortosa is awesome as well!

I will start on the Unit Roster now, and I must say it looks pretty familiar to the one you put up, but with a few more units! Check back in a couple of hours and it will be posted.

For the screenshot...awesome...I would recommend to put the Templar Cross on their coat-of-arms. The casual cross was used by the crusaders.
    Is it possible to make the red more of a glowing darker red?

Did you use the coat-of-arms I posted above? Or did you model them yourselve? If you did...awesome!!

Check back soon King!

Don't try to bypass the profanity filter
    -TB666
    Last edited by God-Emperor of Mankind; February 26, 2007 at 04:58 PM.

Possible Unit Roster for the Knights Templar

Below I want to post a possible Unit Roster for the Knights Templar. I will first list the complete Roster. Then I will add a Unit description (NOT historically correct), plus modding wishes and the reason why i think the unit should be added!

Also I think that some of the units should be triggered by events later in the game. like the Reconquistadores, should be triggered through the Battle of Las Navas de Tolosa in 1212. After that a limited number will be made available. Also the Venetian Infantry will be triggered by the event War of Sabbas. This will be an awesome feature to the game!! This way the Templar campaign will be way more difficult to play, but later in the game they will still get a fair amount of heavy infantry units. Especially some that can make it through the late period, if the faction is played by a human! I think King wants the Faction not really survive if they're controlled by the ai!

These Coat of arms are made by Teutomatos of the Crusader States Team. Great work. I will refer to the coat-of-arms in different unit descriptions, so you guys get an idea of how the coat maybe can look!

Infantry
    - Assassins
    - Chivalric Knights (Portuguese)
    - Crusader Spearmen
    - Dismounted Crusader Knights
    - Feudal Knights (Modded to Templar Novices)
    - Nordic Swordsmen
    - Moorish City Guard
    - Musketeers
    - Swiss Guard
    - Swiss Pikemen
    - Venetian Infantry

Cavalry
    - Knights Templar
    - Crusader Knights
    - Turcopoles

Missile Units
    - Longbowmen
    - Pavise Crossbowmen
    - Venetian Archers
    - Musketeers

Artillery
    - Catapult
    - Trebuchet
    - Mortar
    - Bombard
    - Cannon
    - Great Cross
    - Balista

Unit Descriptions

1) Haschīschiyyīn (Assassins)

The cragged mountains of Syria are home to one of the most infamous organizations of their times, al-da'wa al-jadīda, the Haschischiyyin. Fanatically devoted to the Ismāʿīlī Shī‘a Islām, followers of the Ismaili shia.
    Until now, the Grand'Dai of the Haschischiyyin send out the death despising fidā'īn, desiring to execute their assignment and seeking the heavenly pleasures of paradise promised to them. Death was send out on order as long as it served the concern of the Haschischyyin.

But soon terrible news arrived in Masyaf, messengers brought the news of a storm gathering outside it's wall, dark times were to come for the Haschischiyyin. High above the city of Safita, rose the mighty White Tower of Safita, Chastel Blanc. In 1240 the abandoned crusader Stronghold of Safed was rebuild. Both now immediate threads to Masyaf. They were held by an organization, as fearless as the Haschischiyyin themselves, the Knights Templar. Not to be intimidated by the thread of assassination, Templar Grand masters began to demand tribute from Masyaf.

Since the Order was wealthy and rich in earthly possession, Renauld de Vichiers demanded that the Ismaili sect had to pay their deeds a different way. He called, under the hard-headed menace of grinding Masyaf's walls, for small missions of Haschischiyyin to participate in the War's of the Knights against their foes . So courageous they were, the Haschischiyyin were small in numbers in Syria and feared extinction, conscious they could not withstand the Orders Fist in Syria. Hereupon the Grand masters wish was granted and hereupon a small force of
    fidā'īn was to assemble under the Beausant whenever it's call reached Masyaf.

(I have not checked their equipment from the description from the game, but this can be done if necessary.)

Modding wishes: It would be awesome if the actual colour of their coat-of arms could be changed! Isn't it possible in Photoshop just to make a negative of the picture? I think a dark grey or Black would suit them much better. Maybe also a change of Helmets? I don't exactly know what's manageable and what's not, so I will wait for King's suggestions). I also hope that it can be modded, so that the assassin unit only is available like every ten turns.

Justification:
    I think that they should be included because first of all, I think that's it is an unwritten fact that there were relations between Assassins and Knights Templar, and not neccessarily hostile ones. I think that the Assassins greatly feared the Military orders, because they could not be intimidated through assassination of the leaders. When a Grand Master died, he died. A new one simply was elected and there was no shortage in leading the Order. They also payed tribute to the Templars and Knights St.John. Safed and the Chastel Blanc controlled the routes to Masyaf. I thought it would be boring for the Knights Templar to take their money, so the Assassins send 90 (Relative to the games unit size) warriors. I think this makes more sense then to let them fight for the Turks

2) Reconquistadores (Portuguese Chivalric Knights)

Alfonso the 7th, his most catholic majesty King of Portugal bestowed the Knights Templar in 1159 with a piece of land, Tomar. It was issued to build the Headquarters of the Order of the Temple in Portugal. Only one year later the Order's Master in Portugal, Guildem Pais entered The Castle of the Knights Templar of Tomar, impenetrable were it's walls and high it's towers. A Stronghold which should outlive the organization which brought up it's walls.

The Order always maintained close relationships to El Reino de Portugal.
    Domini Nostri Iesu Christi, in the year of our Lord 1212, a battle took place in the age of the Reconquista of Portugal and Spain. The Battle of Las Navas de Tolosa.The forces of King Alfonso of Castile, Alfonso of Portugal and Peter of Aragon faced the Caliph of the mighty Almohad empire, Miramamolin himself led his army into Battle. The Kings of Iberia joined by the Knightly Orders crushed the Muslims in Battle and took Miramamolin's coat-of-arms as Prize.

During this Battle Gomez Ramirez, the Portuguese master of the Knights Templars and hundreds of his fellow brothers sacrificed their selves for the success of the Reconquista. Since the involvement of the Order in the Reconquista, it became a matter of honour for the Noble Knights of Portugal, to fill the Order's thinning lines with their Bodies. Every year hundreds of Knights, the sons of the most noble men in all of Portugal, assembled at the Knights Templar's Castle at Tomar, pledged allegiance to the Christian Cause and set sail, from Porto Cale and Lisboa, to Outremer.

(I have not checked their equipment from the description from the game, but this can be done if necessary.)

Modding wishes:Well, since this unit is Called Reconquistadores, it won't be necessary to change the coat-of-arms, but still, I think if possible, there should be a Templar Cross on the mantle hanging down at the back of them, or maybe on the chest. Also they should be in red colour I think. My favourite would be if you could put them in the kind coat-of-arms which I already posted in the thread. The white one with the red cross. We should discuss it though

Justification: The Templars were very well involved in the Reconquista and very strongly present in Portugal. I'm sure that many of the Knights were Portuguese, so this is actually only a sacrifice, because I like this story so much. Portuguese Knights assembling at the Castle of Tomar and setting sail to the Terra Sancta! Aaaah...!

3) Dismounted Templar Sergeants (Crusader Sergeants)

Usually these men, dressed in black linen, the Templar Cross emblazoned on the left side, where their heart beats for the order, fought on top of their horses, assisting their fellow Knight Brothers in Combat. But since the expansion and evolution of the Order, the mandate of the Knights Templar grew bigger! Their sole task no longer just to protect the Pilgrim roads which had to be done from horseback, but to fight, conservation of the Terra Sancta, guarding the holy sites of Christendom and fighting the enemies of God.

The Sergeants of the Order were mostly not of noble birth but there is equality among the lines of those that fight in combat side to side. So they too, for the salvation of their souls it seemed the Order beneficial that they made their promises so that the envious enemy does not put it in their hearts to repent of or renounce their good intentions.

Therefore these brother Sergeants dismounted to give a good example to those who fight en foot. They can be distinguished from their fellow Knight Brothers, by their black coat-of-arms while the Knights wear the Orders White Tabard. They fight with Shield and Spear putting the fear of God into their enemies. All for the Glory of the Order.

Modding wishes: I think that the coat of arms should be changed, either it must be complete Black with the Knights Templar Cross emblazoned on the left side of their coat-of-arms. Or they should wear the coat-of-arms half black half white, also with a Red Cross on their left side. I think everything else is just perfect. Nevertheless it would be awesome if it could be modded that they fight with a sword instead of a spear.

Justification: Well I think this might be one of the units that are nearly historically accurate. They Templar sergeants usually fought Mounted but I think that the Knights Templar should have very limited Heavy Cavalry because they already have one of the best in the game.

4)Horseless Knights (Dismounted Crusader Knights)

Monstrous battles have been fought between the followers of Mohammed and the devotees of Jesus Christ in the lands of the Terra Sancta. The County of Tripoli, the Principality of Antioch and finally the Kingdom of Heavens, the Kingdom of Jerusalem have been established by the Holy Warriors of the Cross.

These Knights came to the Holy Land to protect the holy sites of Jerusalem, centre of the world. These men, mostly third or fourth sons of noblemen or sons of the landed gentry. They rather chose to fight for Christendom than to enter a monastery, swordsmen instead of clerics. But they did not have the necessary funds to provide for a Knights usual combat gear. Lance, Squire and Horse could mostly not be afforded.

It was not the Horse though, which made a Holy warrior. The nobility derisively called them ‘Horseless Knights’, but courage at heart can not be laughed at, so this shall be how they would be entitled. Attracted by the Order of the Temple, in which the poorest men could stand next to Europe’s highest nobility in Combat for the same cause. Appalled by the vanity of the Crusader States they chose to fight for the Order like so many noble men did before them. The ship to the Holy Land is to this Knights what the Horses are to the Nobility.

Modding wishes:I think they should be dressed in the coat-of arms they already wear. No wishes here

Justification:It is well known that many Knights could just not afford all equipment, the journey to the Holy Land alone was highly expensive. The third and fourth sons of nobility often had no other chance than to pursue a new life in the Holy Land for there was nothing that would keep them in the Occident.Well of course they did not fight for the Knights Templar, except those who joined the Order, but a nice thought, that insulted by the High Nobility of the Crusader States and appalled by their vanity, then to fight for the Order. Some kind of Balian Guy de Lusignan, Kingdom of Heaven Thing I guess .

5)
    Dismounted Templar Squires (Feudal Knights)

Often the Noblemen of the Occident and Holy Land give their sons away at the age of twelve to fourteen. They leave the education of the boys in the hands of the Order so that they will become Knights one day and like their fathers serve King, Country and Christendom. They are not granted the honour of wearing the White habit of the Knights Templar. Instead they wear, much like the brother sergeants black habits with a red cross emblazoned on the chest.

One Squire is granted to a brother Knight Templar along with three horses. He is to serve him like a page and if too young to fight hold his horses in Battle. But there are those who left the phase in one’s life known as Boyhood and enter the stage of manhood. Not recognized fully as brother Knights they first have to prove themselves in Battle. They are not granted a horse for it is easier to kill the enemies of Christendom from Horseback. Squires have to prove that they are worthy of being a member of the Order by serving as foot soldiers.

Due to the fact that the brother Squires are descendants of noble blood though they are equipped quite well. The loge with other brother Knights, brother Sergeants and Turcopoles in the Commanderies of the Order of the Knights Templar in Outremer.

Modding wishes: Well it would be useful if the coat of arms could be change completely into Black with a sole Red Templar cross on the left side of the chest. Anything else is fine I guess. They can keep the shields or you could mod them the shields of the Horseless Knights. They might look similar, so it would be awesome if you could just plug another helmet on their head.

Justification: Much like the Templar Sergeants these men fought on horseback. In Battle if they were too young to fight they were left behind to guard the Knights baggage and horses. I thought it would be awesome to make the Squires foot soldiers as well, as a kind of a test of courage, before the actual Knighting! Maybe in special situations the when the Knights fought en foot some Squires might have joined them, but I doubt the existence of complete units of Squires

6)
    Ascomanni (Nordic Swordsmen)

For over half a century the forefathers,
    of these men, the famous Vikingr have raided and traded all over the known and unknown world. Through rivers into the inland of Flanders and France, notably to Paris. Furthermore in Spain, England, Russia and the Mediterranean. People fled in fear and terror when the sails appeared along the horizon. The fate of Lindisfarne even after hundreds of years is still in everybody’s memory.

Also they were known as traders and settlers. The Norse regularly plied the Volga with their trade goods: furs, tusks, seal fat to seal boats and slaves. The appetency for raids soon abated, when the cities built high impregnable walls and armed their citizen. The hunger for Combat though, never seized. In 1193 Pope Celestine the 3rd called for a crusade to repent the pagan Baltic people. Many of the Ascomanni joined the Crusades to carry the Cross to the Baltic’s.

Now there is a different aim. They already succeeded in repenting the Wends, the Estonians, Livonians and Latvians. There are new people which look for repention. In great masses thousand of Ascomanni poured into Hammaburg and the Templar Commandery of Tempelhoeve, in hope to be recruited as Mercenaries. The Knights Templars preferably ensure themselves of their services, because of their reputation as fierce warriors. The reputation of their man-long swords, the Vikingrsword has proceeded them all the way to the Terra Sancta.
    So finally, the Ascomanni set sail again.

Modding wishes: I don’t think that there should be any change in coat-of-arms or shield, they look perfectly fine and make an excellent addition to the roster. I don’t know if there actually is any connection to the northern people, because the Knights Templar were not very popular in Germany, the Teutonic Knights were far more. There were still a few Templar Commanderies in Germany, for example Tempelhoeve in Berlin.

Justification:
    I think the Nordic Swordsmen are the best looking Swordsmen in the game. Their shields rock, their swords rock, their armour upgrades rock too. SO their ain't a lot that doesn't rock. I think they should be included because I depicted them as mercenaries and not members of the Order! Come on man we need some 'Rammstein' in this faction

7) Converted Moorish Guard of Aléntejo (Moorish City Guard)

Anno Domini Nostri Iesu Christi 1169 in the age of the Portuguese Reconquista, King Alfonso the first of Portugal called for the help of the Order of the Knights Templar. Portuguese master of the Order at that time was the honourable Guildem de Pais. He assembled his fellow Brother Knights at Castillo Branco, hundreds they were and they rode to lend their Swords King Alfonso at Aléntejo.

The Christian Army began to starve the City. After months of holding, the Moorish garrison send a messenger out to King Alfonso, begging to spare the garrison and people. The Portuguese agreed but when the city opened their gates, madness grew in the eyes of the Portuguese army and they stormed the City butchering all in their way. The Knights Templar stormed into the city and sealed off the districts not yet stormed by the Crusading army, protecting its people.

The day after King Alfonso approached Guildem de Pais. For the help of the Knights he gave the Templars one third of the conquered City of Aléntejo including the quarters they saved. The Moors who survived the raid thanks to the Knights Templar pledged allegiance to the Knights, thousands of them converted to the Mercy of our Lord and wowed to fight for the Knights ‘as loyal subjects should’. The Converted Moorish Guard of Aléntejo has started training thousands of Converted Muslims wanting to join the Guard.

Modding wishes: There is nothing at all to mod about these men. They already look fantastic.

Justification: Well the true things about this story are that the Knights Templars were called to help, the City was taken and the garrison butchered. The reason I put this unit in is because i never got to play with them, coz I never played the moors long enough. So King please grant me my units, I also love them looks!!

Last edited by student23; February 28, 2007 at 03:35 AM.

I love u re skin student eheheh

All right...solved
    Last edited by student23; February 27, 2007 at 08:38 AM.

I keep on editing the Unit description post above, every time I finish a new faction, so please look at my answer above and don't check for completely new answers. A broken foot really keeps you working

Hi Student,

Here's a short update:
    Ive been busy this day with editing textures for the Templars and give them some unique look.
    I will post some new screenshots and infos tomorrow...
    Thanks for your suggestions, I will surely consider them.
    The idea with a some "turbaned" knights templars is pretty cool and I try to make that.
    Also, don't worry about that the templars could be too weak as an AI faction and they will likely survive a very long time in the campaign.

regards

is it done? i know it might be a lil too much to ask, but are you making a brand new unit? unique one for the faction?

There are several new units for this faction...I think King & I will have it finished in a couple of days, so check back regularly!! Stainless Steel 3.0!!

Check the Preview thread for some screenshots mike

Hi mike,

Well, actually the faction is already fully playable, only one or two units last are missing and now I'm waiting for the new patch to release the mod..
    And as Student mentioned, you can check the preview topic for the units and progresses:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=86534

It's a shame the Templars don't live long enough to accomplish this!!

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Allu X View Post
    It's a shame the Templars don't live long enough to accomplish this!!
    It's a shame photobucket has so much limited bandwidth! =) I use imageshack for this! =)