Thread: ********* Mongols!

Default ********* Mongols!

Hi all,
    First posting so forgive if its stupid.
    Firstly congrats on the LTC mod, amazing dont know how you do it, fantastic.
    Just a question. I took out the Mongols in an epic battle that reduced my 5 Byzantine fields armies to a bunch of limping bodies held together by the straps on the armour..... just finnally taking out the Egyptians and lo and behold another Mongol horder bigger than the first ( complete with rocket launchers) arrives outside Baghdad just as Im closing in for the kill. Is this part of the game or something wierd ( Comps revenge for making it play the 2.5 hour battle against the Mongols?) not sure I can face 'doing' the Mongols AGAIN.
    Again congrats on all the brilliant work you guys do to enable people like me to waste our lives so enjoyably!
    Leon

Default Re: ********* Mongols!

I've experienced the two mongol hordes as well... believe it to be on purpose as well as technically historically accurate. Of course, I just killed off the first round be assasinating all the generals, which meant I had more bodies for the second wave.

Arksa's Avatar Centenarius

I have a question and don't care to launch a new thread for it so here it goes:
    @Lusted
    Because of the timescale 1 year / 1 turn, factions have 2x more turns to prepare for the Golden Horde than in vanilla. Does this make Mongols less threatening?

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

Well ask yourself the same question. Do you think you have more than enough time to prepare for them? Or are you busy fighitng other wrs so that when they ocme you have to try and switch priorities?
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

Quote Originally Posted by Arksa View Post
    I have a question and don't care to launch a new thread for it so here it goes:
    @Lusted
    Because of the timescale 1 year / 1 turn, factions have 2x more turns to prepare for the Golden Horde than in vanilla. Does this make Mongols less threatening?
    I don't think that'd be too much of an issue. Build times are expanded, so that in reality you're not actually progressing faster than you were in Vanilla. The only difference is that it takes longer for them to get there. You should be in about the same position building/unit-wise.

"I am what the Gods have made me!"

Wolfgrin's Avatar Semisalis

In two recent campaigns (one Portuguese, the other England, both on VH/VH) the Mongols owned all of the Levant, including the Egyptian and Turkish home areas. Great fighting!