Thread: Wanna help us?

Mylae's Avatar Memento Mori

Default Wanna help us?

ok hister. i might not be a team worker, but, as italians say, "chi fa da sè fa per tre" (when you do it by yourself, you do it like by three peoples)
    however, i know that the amount of work is pretty much.

we have collected many infos, and by them we are able to deal with something without much time on searching and so on.

so, here's a list of things to do:

- search new music
    - elaborate a new Graphic Unit Interface, and some 2d graphic.
    - code carthaginian recruitment (i have several ideas i will explain better further) and start to code nice things, like the transportation of the giant (18 mt) bronze statue of lysippos from Tarentum to Roma after the conquest of the city, plus many historical and "flavour", fictional events, like the taking of Rome by the carthaginian... let your fantasy run free!
    - enlist resources to use for each province, and add them on a precise setting of infos, plus get several hidden resources in the right place (they are pretty much, and you will need the internal beta that we have on our pc )
    - elaborate - by historical references - the descr_strat.txt - by now there's no campaign, all cities are without garrison and exist only the faction leader
    - elaborate a more accurate description for all units. this is a very easy work on one hand, because it not involve coding or so. hister, you surely could do it, because is just writing something with some "standard": that is, a general introduction of the unit (equipment, morale, etc), a historical explanation (after \n\nHISTORYin which you are expected to quote, if possible, some author, and strategy (after\n\nSTRATEGY, in which you explain 1-the time of recruitment and the amount of money it takes) how is better to use it and if is worth the money spent for it. On the other hand, as you may start to see, is an hard work because it takes much time, expecially if you have to search infos here and there, and writing ten to fifteen lines is somehow boring. eventually you could use a "model" description who could be the same for almost all units, with few modifications according to units.
    - start to collect traits and ancillaries. this is a work that you, hister, could do without many problems. in fact, there is an "ancillary editor" somewhere in the download section in twc. i think we should do some elaborate and particular traits like Europa Barbarorum did; special and influence/command boost will be available to non-roman generals who conqered Rome, for example, and there ahould be a complete list of almost all the qualificative adjectives you can attribute a man that will influence in some way the behaviour of the governor. as an example, if he stays too many turn in the city, he could start to get bored, and decide to dedicate to some vice, like gambling, or eat sweeties. there's nothing bad, however, if a your general became "obese", he will have less movement point, and less health too, plus soldiers could have a lower morale in being commanded by such a fatty man. this is just an example.

- various and eventual things that i now don't remember.
    Extravagant developer of Invasio Barbarorum: Flagellum Dei; Developer of Paeninsula Italica
    Creator of the XV-Century Machiavello Total War Mod (2.0) for M2TW

Honorabilis Gaius Baltar est mihi patronum.

Hister's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Wanna help us?

The following was written yesterday but I ocudln't posted 'cos TWC went down...

Oke, I'm in! Let me just give some time to check all the options you gave me to see what I can do and what I can't. Hmmm, at this point I think I'll be doing: "elaborate a more accurate description for all units". Yep, that's it - we shall see how it goes. Remember - I don't have any previous knowledge of doing this and my English is not perfect.
    Pls give me every possible info on that including what references are the best since I'm sure you got this sorted out already (will spare me time). Then since I'm a total greeny on this matter explain me which files are relevant for doing this, where can I gather additional information regarding my newly appointed work (send me some forum links about it if there are any and you know them). Anyways, I'll check forum for any info later (seems TWC is down while I'm writing this).
    I will contact a historian from my Faculty (my ex professor) if he's got any other ideas of how to do desriptions the best way. By my profession I'm a geographer but I also attended some historical lectures.

I guess we should communicate via e-mail (nejct@klub-kts.si) or PM.
    Oke, that's it for now. Will update you about everything.
    I'm glad to be in the team
    Hope to hear from you soon!

P.S. Tomorrow I start working for one week as a physical laborer at archeological excavations in Koper/Capodistria --> ancient and medieval layers...
    PROUD MEMBER OF PAENINSULA ITALICA TEAM

For M2TW PI forum click here.
    For RTW PI forum click here.

Welcome Hister

I'll contact you soon via PM

PAENINSULA ITALICA project creator

Mylae's Avatar Memento Mori

sorry for the off-topic

Hister... but you are from Koper? since is not a large city, and seems you're attend university just like me, did you know, for instance, Mitja Sabadin, a guy from koper who studies in Ljubljana?
    Extravagant developer of Invasio Barbarorum: Flagellum Dei; Developer of Paeninsula Italica
    Creator of the XV-Century Machiavello Total War Mod (2.0) for M2TW

Honorabilis Gaius Baltar est mihi patronum.

Hister's Avatar Domesticus

Well I'm not originaly from Koper but I have been here for the fifth year now so I'm almost local Yes I study here (writing my gratuational thesis now), othrwise I'm from small village below Julian Alps called Slap ob Idrijci.
    sorry but I don't know this guy - i mainly know local people that study here but those who study in Ljubljana are almost unknown to me .
    Where from do you know Mitja?
    PROUD MEMBER OF PAENINSULA ITALICA TEAM

For M2TW PI forum click here.
    For RTW PI forum click here.