Thread: Siege defense.

Default Siege defense.

Hello all.

Just got M2. I've played the TW series since Shogun.

I played 3 short games resolving all siege defenses thru AI. (Learning M2 strategies first). I just started to fight my own sieges: surprise! When the AI assaults my city, I have no option to rearrange my troops to meet the enemy before the battle starts.

I haven't played RTW or M1 for a long time but I seem to remember I could place my troops in the city at will before the attack. It's tough trying to bring archers from the other side of city before the enemy beelines for the rampart and gate.. This stimulates chaos very well, But you should technically be able to see the enemy coming from afar and arrange troops accordingly. I won my first defense, but what a mess it was!

Did I miss a setting or a button somewhere?

Default Re: Siege defense.

If you couldn't rearrange your troops before a siege battle then it usually means that there is a spy in your town and he's managed to successfully open your gates. If there's no opening cinematic that claims this, then yes, you've missed a button somewhere. You should be able to just deploy them if there are no spies.

Default Re: Siege defense.

Thanks for the fast reply, Zhou. I'll check it out.